Autopsy Rd 22 Suns vs Essendon @ Metricon - Sat 19th

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe Brooksby can impress you this weekend - his type get fleeting opportunities to impress.
He appears to be a good leader and NEAFL player but I'm struggling to work out what position he can play. At the moment he's 4th ruck and can't even get a regular game down back despite the injuries.

All this time I've been wondering why we can't keep our young talent at the club and now I know why. Will Brodie has been dominant at NEAFL level all year but yet still can't even get an emergency place behind Brad Scheer who had 7 disposals in the NEAFL last week. Why on earth would a Victorian top 10 pick want to stay here when he's not even getting a look in when he has been putting in 25+ disposal performances week in week out and isn't even being considered?

On a positive note, I think Max Spencer has been excellent and a great find. Reckon he has the potential to be a 150+ game full back. Also very happy to see Fiorini back in the side and hope the club can lock him down long term before he comes out of contract next year.
Brodie has had consistent hands on the ball all year, but most importantly has also been ranked top 4 in NEAFL for clearances & is now starting hitting the score board.
It is disappointing for members that a next & maybe final generation player has not been given an opportunity to develop not only his game, but amongst our future midfield - Swallow, Lyons, Fiorini, Miller, Martin . You can only wonder how he feels when the other top picks have been given 10-15 games to develop, as well as the 23-26 yr old players that we all know are not part of our next generation team given multiple chances to perform. Even Rookies got more of an opportunity this year - Davis, McPherson, Spencer.
He needs to be given an opportunity straight away in the JLT next year. Wait.. he was this year & was our best performed draftee in JLT 1 & 2 &, then Rocket left him on the bench in all of JLT 3 & only game him the last 15 mins. He wasn't even given a shot.. He then only had 2 senior games bench/half forward in May. Very disappointing & yes maybe why the best kids don't & can't stay here.

Give him time, If anything it will hurt players by playing them to early and ruining them Prestia and JOM's body's were ruined by too many early games.
A lot of first year players at other clubs have played 16+ games this year and only get the odd break. So why can't ours?
Where is it stated that we ruined Jaeger and Prestia by playing them too early?

Brodie has had consistent hands on the ball all year, but most importantly has also been ranked top 4 in NEAFL for clearances & is now starting hitting the score board.
It is disappointing for members that a next & maybe final generation player has not been given an opportunity to develop not only his game, but amongst our future midfield - Swallow, Lyons, Fiorini, Miller, Martin . You can only wonder how he feels when the other top picks have been given 10-15 games to develop, as well as the 23-26 yr old players that we all know are not part of our next generation team given multiple chances to perform. Even Rookies got more of an opportunity this year - Davis, McPherson, Spencer.
He needs to be given an opportunity straight away in the JLT next year. Wait.. he was this year & was our best performed draftee in JLT 1 & 2 &, then Rocket left him on the bench in all of JLT 3 & only game him the last 15 mins. He wasn't even given a shot.. He then only had 2 senior games bench/half forward in May. Very disappointing & yes maybe why the best kids don't & can't stay here.
I don't know the specifics but a mate of mine works for champion data at neafl games and for the reason of a fantasy footy keeper draft he has been telling me to avoid brodie all year saying he won't get games for the sun's. Turned out he is spot on.
Their must be some sort of correlation with the champion data ranking points or something to suggest he isn't up to it.
I'll have to ask him next time I see him.

A lot of first year players at other clubs have played 16+ games this year and only get the odd break. So why can't ours?
Where is it stated that we ruined Jaeger and Prestia by playing them too early?
Well going by what GcSunsfan said which was Brodie looked tired last week playing him in the 1s would do him no good. I'm going to back in what the high performance team have planned for him. It's no secret our players were over played early days.

If people are so impatient that they can wait till their second year for more games then they shouldn't be playing. Brodie not playing is for his own benefit.

Well going by what GcSunsfan said which was Brodie looked tired last week playing him in the 1s would do him no good. I'm going to back in what the high performance team have planned for him. It's no secret our players were over played early days.
Running 15kms in the NEAFL places the same stress on the body as does 15 kms in the seniors. He's picked again this week in the NEAFL so it's not his fitness

Running 15kms in the NEAFL places the same stress on the body as does 15 kms in the seniors. He's picked again this week in the NEAFL so it's not his fitness
But the speed and intensity it's at is a lot harder. Ainsworth can get away with it in the forward line but Brodie couldn't if he's tired. He'll get his chance just gotta be patient however if one of the Suns journo's just asked this instead of 50 Gary Ablett questions it would certainly help

Me again!
Just wondering which seating to buy for myself and the family? Never been responsible for this side of things before (haven't been to a game since i was a kid). We are coming up from Lismore, so i don't want to stuff up and the kids not be able to see the game properly etc... Any advice? Cheers!

Me again!
Just wondering which seating to buy for myself and the family? Never been responsible for this side of things before (haven't been to a game since i was a kid). We are coming up from Lismore, so i don't want to stuff up and the kids not be able to see the game properly etc... Any advice? Cheers!
GA is just fine mate
Now don't forget our official name is the Gold Coast/Tweed/Northern Rivers Suns so I'll be expecting the kids to be influenced to be Suns supporters

Me again!
I found GA seats would usually be full unless you got there 60+ minutes before game. Personally prefer sitting on a wing but it's pricey. Next best would be a flank. Never been keen on sitting behind goals as you can never see the other end of the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns play, afternoon and night
Seven years we watch and wait
Still no sunrise.
FFS!!!

Hmmmm...my 5 minute poetry power is strong this night.
Suns win!!!!

(Yes, I could not think of anything to add to this thread other than poetry).

Who's pumped? :$

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back