Left at half time
Kids were cold and tired
We dont like the 7.30pm starts
The AFL should learn Gold Coasters are in bed by 8 LOL
Seems the players go to sleep too
Another quarter and a half of footy?
Change of Coach hasnt helped much

Seen enough of
McPherson - too small to tackle effectively and be good defensively, not dynamic or skilled enough to be useful offensively
Schoenfeld - good 3km runner but a deadset plodder, no speed, not dynamic.

What does those 2 bring to a good AFL side?

The 4th quarter was terribly disappointing AGAIN!
But in general just so many players not up to AFL standard.
Going to have to reset and draft more kids AGAIN.
Just had the biggest binge fill up of Hungry Jacks just now. That's the positive of the night.
Over and Out.
The Coast Will Rise.

The 4th quarter was terribly disappointing AGAIN!
But in general just so many players not up to AFL standard.
Going to have to reset and draft more kids AGAIN.
Just had the biggest binge fill up of Hungry Jacks just now. That's the positive of the night.
Over and Out.
The Coast Will Rise.
If you watch Soloman's presser he explains it pretty well why we went down in the last good that he took ownership of it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like how Solomon through the magnets around tonight and switched Ah Chee and harbrow around.
Though Ah Chee played good tonight in the backline only had the 14 disposals 5 contested 4 mark 3 tackles.
If Collingwood really are into harbrow I'd look at moving him on if they offer a good deal. Hes been turnover city for the past 3 years and offers no on field leadership

If you watch Soloman's presser he explains it pretty well why we went down in the last good that he took ownership of it as well.

Just listened to it now
His Press Conferences are awesome
I see they changed plans and went for the jugular and it backfired.
Given it was the last home game for the year I'm glad he decided to have a crack at going for the Win.
Over and Out II

Good scrap by your guys. There's a lot of talent there, just need to find the right coach.

May was beastly and basically ruined Joe's coleman chances if that's any consolation.

The Good
I have been one to write Mckenzie off, but he was pretty immense tonight. Looked amazing coming out of the backline with some of those kicks.
Miller played a pretty decent role on Merrett, kept him to 23 touches and got 16 himself.
I thought Spencer for a 4th game player was pretty good, made the right choices and looked very comfortable at times.
Ainsworth will be an absolute star.
Ah Chee looked good down back, laid some nice tackles and used his leap to come over and spoil at times.
Solomon handles himself so well in pressers, and he is right, we need to play hard aggressive football on defense, and work on the free flowing scoring after.
May just being May, comprehensively beat Daniher.

The Bad
Lonergan
was particularly awful tonight, surely bring Brodie in for the final game in the place of Lonergan.
Hallahan got it 23 turns and turned it over almost half the time I think he is done here.
Harbrow has been so poor this back half of the season, don't know what is going on with him, looks cooked.
Conceding 71 I/50's, while we defended well when it got in there, our midfield just lets it leak through like a sieve.

Not going to lie, I think I would like to see Solomon be given the head coach gig. Speaks really well at press conferences without coughing up excuses all the time, players all WANT to play for him. Has been a visible change in attitude (more so than performance) during the last 2 games - obviously he doesn't have enough time to get the players fit and stronger and instill the proper gameplan because it's something that takes 1 or 2 preseasons not 3 end of the year games, but the intent of the players was a lot higher tonight I thought, just need to work on the skills and the confidence in the group. So if he gets named as head coach next year, as unlikely as it seems, I would be all for it. He also seems to have passion for the club and I admire that more than anything

Next week I'd be going minimal change, looking at something like:

Lonergan > Brodie
Hallahan > Bowes

with both of them rotating between half forward and centre. Want to see both of them get a game in the middle.

I think the margin should have been much greater and probably would have been had they kicked straight. This isn't to say the new game plan isn't working. But I think we were very much flattered by the score board. They should have smashed us by 10 goals.

Solly says all the right things and I like that. I also like that he can clearly see problems players are having and is willing to spin the magnets and admit when stuff wasn't going right.

He knows for instance to play McKenzie without any accountable role. McKenzie played his best game and I think it's largely because he was the +1 and wasn't responsible for having a direct opponent. At least none that I could see.

He knows that Harbs has been woefully out of form since the suspension and is keen to mix it up to get it back.

He knows Ah Chee is out of form and is keen to put him down back to spark some form, just like it did earlier in the season.

He knows that May plays his best footy when he has a man to mark. Some of his turnovers were bad but he was back to his colossal self.

I like that he dropped Sexton.

I like the move of having some mids contest for the ruck. It didn't work but at least we tried it. When it didn't work, we didn't persist with it. I am very frightened at what Paddy Ryder will do to us next week. He will jump all over Brooksby.

All of these moves would not have come from Rocket IMO. These are moves coming from a guy that has knowledge about our players and where they are at.

Reality is we're carrying so many players that shouldn't be in the team right now and that makes it hard to execute even an effort based game plan. At least 5-6 shouldn't be playing. To compound the matter these depth players are playing key midfield roles.

I would love to see Brodie come in. And looking at his numbers on the NEAFL app he must surely play next week.

I said a coulple of weeks ago that was the last time we see lonergan , that has to be the last time , watched him close and is just to slow for this level , can't get to the contest that's why his defensive stats don't show up . Brodie has to play , even if he isn't ready for this level just yet , he can't be any worse than lonergan.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I said a coulple of weeks ago that was the last time we see lonergan , that has to be the last time , watched him close and is just to slow for this level , can't get to the contest that's why his defensive stats don't show up . Brodie has to play , even if he isn't ready for this level just yet , he can't be any worse than lonergan.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Southport Sharks ought to give him a call.

The crowd total for the game was 16,817........a very good turnout considering.
Watching the game from over here in Thailand, there seemed to be a lot more red/black in the crowd than red/gold.....would that be correct.

Either way, a good crowd for 2 teams out of the 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back