Autopsy Rd 22 The Teague Train Refuses To Derail - Blues by 10

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Maybe an underrated game but how good was Setterfield in defence, stood up extremely well, so good to have that versatility.
I didn't know who would go back and was surprised to see him in the back 6 but was a great move. Took a few good grabs and didn't look out of place. Some of his kicking late was very good and composed options.

Sammo was very good and his disposal spot on. And as someone else said before, Murphy's kicking is back to his best. Just absolute elite ball use.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

GapInIkonPark

Premiership Player
Nov 22, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
No Weitering, Jones, Marchbank, Doc, Cuningham, Charlie nor Willa.

Gibbons hurt shoulder and Newman very sore. Crippa in hospital before the match with an ear infection.

Kreuzer was huge. Casboult very solid in defence.

Lot to like from others:
- Setterfield in defence
- Lang tackle pressure
- Dow playing his role and good hands
- Harry’s goal and putting opposition defence under pressure
- Murphy and Ed strong bodies in the middle
- Walsh keeps going, pass out to Lang
- Mitch building, get a pre-season into him
- Simmo, Plowman and Daisy solid
- O’Brien some good run and link play
- JSOS all heart and big last quarter.
- SPS won some important contested ball

The Bighouse

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
He looked really good today. Best he's looked all year.

Good to see bar the fly on the line.

Over estimates his left foot kicking (put it away when you can kick on your right, has been doing it all year without results).

Thought he was going to line-up down back when Weiters was out with Kennedy a big up forward (played well too).

Nov 9, 2010
de_dust2
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Theres been a lot of love for dow and lob today. I dont get it? I have faith they'll improve because they show enough glimpses but they consistently make bad decisions, turn the ball over by foot (lob supposedly a good kick but I'm unconvinced) and missed targets within 5 metres by hand today.

Am I the only one seeing this?

Great win otherwise. Crowd noise by the blues fans would have you think they're was more than 51k there today.

Blubagger71

Club Legend
Aug 30, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
I remember panning our guys last year, even early this year, for our l lack of physicality and ability to stick a tackle. Hasn't that notion been dispelled with fervour! Our forward pressure almost changes our need to find a forward like Papley in the trade period. Still take him though. We muscled at least three goals that I can remember. We are truly defined by relentless pressure now. Cat's methodical style will be a good test of that pressure next week. I reckon we take a leaf from the Lions and we can roll them.
The enigma of Kreuzer continues. When fit he has to be amongst the best going around. It's just that caveat of fitness. Really liked Harry as as mobile ruck around the ground too and he seems to lace put more targets than when he is taking set shots.

Would love to see Cas back. He has been invaluable in so many roles this year, Daisy might be in the same boat although, I feel confident he will get a gig somewhere next year. Hopefully he doesn't wallow at Suns.

Loved Murph today. Showed his class around the footy and disposal was sublime. He and Simpson defined the significance of the old guard to the side.

McGovern what can be said. Only blew was that potential Simpson goal but, even that shows his confidence to attack the footy.

JSOS is fast becoming an animal of epic proportions as a team/link/effort player who rarely snatches headlines. Look forward to him putting on some bulk to support the smarts.

Lots of other great contributors to too numerous to mention all of them. Great Bluebagger effort in an emotionally significant day for so many: Thomas, Cripps, Newman and Teague. Great job, lads. Let's get the Cats and knock them out of the top two next week. My mate is an Eagles old boy, would love to put that smile on his face and mine.

Last edited:
I still think Darcy Lang is pretty junk ... But that three consecutive tackle effort was excellent. I don't think I've seen that from a Carlton player ever.

It's called 'The JSOS'....

Back