Autopsy Rd 22 The Teague Train Refuses To Derail - Blues by 10

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Saints?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations on the hard-fought win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 25 Bounces

Murphy 23 (4w)
Cripps 23
E.Curnow 22
LOB 22 wing
Walsh 19 (12w, 7i)
Gibbons 11 wing
Dow 3
Deluca 1
Lang 1 wing

Rucks:
Kreuzer 22
Casboult 2
McKay 1

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
Kreuzer 4
Cripps 2
E.Curnow 2
Murphy 1
Dow 1

1st Half - 14

Murphy 13 (3w)
Cripps 12
E.Curnow 12
LOB 12 wing
Walsh 10 (5i, 5w)
Gibbons 7 wing
Dow 2
Deluca 1
Lang 1 wing

Kreuzer 13
Casboult 1

Final Term - 7

Cripps 7
LOB 7 wing
Murphy 6
E.Curnow 6
Walsh 6 (4w, 2i)
Gibbons 3 wing

Kreuzer 6
McKay 1

Notes:
- Season high (from the 14 analysed games) for Gibbons, who handily smashed his previous best of 3 wing starts against Essendon in Rd 11
- McKay's last appearance as a ruck in analysed games came in Rd 9. Appearing in 4 matches, Rd 1's 6 bounces was the only time he ever appeared more than once.

Love your weekly reports. Still disappointed we don't give Dow/Setterfield/Gibbons/fisher etc a couple more centre bounces. I understand last week was different with Setterfield playing in the backline. Still gotta develop their craft

Congratulations on the hard-fought win.

Here are the midfield frequency stats from the game. If you haven't seen a previous post, this is an overall summary of how often your players were lining up as one of the 5 mids at bounces.

Overall Summary - 25 Bounces

Murphy 23 (4w)
Cripps 23
E.Curnow 22
LOB 22 wing
Walsh 19 (12w, 7i)
Gibbons 11 wing
Dow 3
Deluca 1
Lang 1 wing

Rucks:
Kreuzer 22
Casboult 2
McKay 1

Centre Clearances (as per Champion Data/AFL.com.au
Kreuzer 4
Cripps 2
E.Curnow 2
Murphy 1
Dow 1

1st Half - 14

Murphy 13 (3w)
Cripps 12
E.Curnow 12
LOB 12 wing
Walsh 10 (5i, 5w)
Gibbons 7 wing
Dow 2
Deluca 1
Lang 1 wing

Kreuzer 13
Casboult 1

Final Term - 7

Cripps 7
LOB 7 wing
Murphy 6
E.Curnow 6
Walsh 6 (4w, 2i)
Gibbons 3 wing

Kreuzer 6
McKay 1

Notes:
- Season high (from the 14 analysed games) for Gibbons, who handily smashed his previous best of 3 wing starts against Essendon in Rd 11
- McKay's last appearance as a ruck in analysed games came in Rd 9. Appearing in 4 matches, Rd 1's 6 bounces was the only time he ever appeared more than once.

Thanks for the stats BB.

Amazing that Murph is equal highest with Crippa. Unfortunately I don't think that was ever the case under Bolton the first half of the season :think:

Even when Levi's kicking was sh1t I still loved him in the team ..
I remember just two off seasons ago, the most common sentiment was delist. Would be interesting to go back and see who they were? I couldn't be bothered. My call was to keep him to protect the kids and do the bullocking work. Didn't expect this level of skill and versatility.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

9 footy show had footage of Oliver whingeing about not being given the ball after it had been passed to his team mate in a better position and not long after blazing away and missing everything on when he had teammates in better positions.

Symptomatic of where Melbourne are and at times where we have been.
I saw that. Big sook. Crippa would never do that, none of our boys would. Culture!

Last edited:
I remember just two off seasons ago, the most common sentiment was delist. Would be interesting to go back and see who they were? I couldn't be bothered. My call was to keep him to protect the kids and do the bullocking work. Didn't expect this level of skill and versatility.
Good post !
Yep keeping opposition defenders honest was / is the key ..
Most of them would of been sh1tting their pants knowing big Levi was about to crash the pack hard.

I actually think Harry gets a lot of protection from Umps, well he gets a lot of frees, I’m sure they miss a lot too.
And gives away his share. I remember my dad, Blues fan, used to paste McLure for being dumb and giving away free kicks. Dad has compared H to McLure. Another reason to always question your parents. I am a parent who requires questioning too!

Back