Autopsy Rd 23 An Inglorious End to 2019 - Bring On The Silly Season

Who played well for the Blues in Round 23 at the Cattery?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

In hindsight would much rather have seen Stocker play instead of a seriously underdone Cuners. Pls fix his fragile body Andrew Russell, too many times he plays under physical duress, it must be as frustrating to him as it is to us
Nice just to see him out there. Couple of times with clean hands below his knees and you remember what he could be if we get him fit.

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Poor performance but anyone getting upset about it has developed a ridiculous set of expectations over the last three months.

AFL seasons are incredibly long, taxing beasts. There was nothing to play for today (blah blah blah "pride"). Let's be realistic, the players have "lifted" in all the games we needed to win under Teague. They've performed amazingly well in the second half of the season and I think they can be excused for having a flat one.

The boys will enjoy a rest now and come back with a huge amount of belief for 2020. I seriously cannot wait.

Bit hard to quantify, but I’m sure that throughout the year (including an attempt this arvo by I think Fisher) an issue has come up with our snapshots a few times where it seems the kicker maybe tips the scales too far towards lining up the kick at the expense of the required power.

Obviously accuracy is important, but it’s kind of a moot point when the ball’s marked by the opposition well before the goal line.

How good was Murph's disposal..
He's had a pretty good second half of the year.love his gut running too..
Cripper is a Bull and I can't wait until Setters starts getting more ball
nice thoughtful post after a hammering - well done, dave........now get yourself into the cricket thread........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok that's why I was one of very few that said well over a yr ago that Bolton was a terrible coach and wouldn't take us anywhere and I was 100% right go back and look at my history
wow - you're amazing!

Disappointing game tonight, but in context we were beaten by a harder side on the night playing on their own kitty litter...we should never have been playing at that bloody ground anyway. This is the first major miss-step since Teague took over.

There were a lot of blues supporters there tonight, let's keep the passion and momentum rolling into next year. We managed to turn what could have been another disastrous year into a massive positive, and tonight won't derail what we can do next year. Go Blues.

Most, most, most disappointing end to the season. Of course, having regard to the lack of Mongrel displayed by the players, it will raise questions about Teague’s ability to get the players to be hard, aggressive and dour.
Maybe Ross Lyon as the manager of coaches may not be a bad idea, after all!
[/QUOTE]
No thanks to Ross. Not going to judge anyone in any way on this game. Get into the preseason, get the bodies right, bring in the right players and we continue down the right track. All journeys are littered with set backs to learn from. Today was always going to be tough and the wind swung after quarter time!

i hope im wrong but i cant see elite players moving to our club at this stage...we need to be much better before we start attracting high end talent..maybe 2022.
We already are making our own elite players. Some are still growing into it. If we can get a decent midfielder and a small forward that will do me.

Back