Autopsy Rd 23 An Inglorious End to 2019 - Bring On The Silly Season

Who played well for the Blues in Round 23 at the Cattery?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

On a positive note, wanted to highlight plowmans game....really rate his second half of the year in particular, and was really good again against the cats...

Happy to try to pick off the high risk options (and now hits them more often than not) and always asked to play either oversized on small, nimble forwards or undersized on KPP...today being no exception after being asked to play a KP after Cas was swung forward...

Really underrated I reckon for what he brings....
Thought he was good all game, personally thought he was in our best top five on the ground, couple of beautiful centring kicks back into the middle of the ground really stood out as well.

In half a season, Teague has put in an actual game style. Dominate the contest as much as possible, strangle the ball in the forward line and defend stoutly with a wall of intercept markers who can.hit up a target. Off season is about lifting our ability to execute for longer periods of time with efficiency. And is was accomplished without a preseason.
Two years of this style and we will threaten.
Unfortunately Hawforn put on a great advertisement for Cogs last night and Geelong ministered us with a more mature, skilled co tell of the footy. We will be doing the same in the years to come. Take a break boys and hit the preseason hard!

Maybe you are correct in this assessment, however if you're Mr Coniglio, weighing up a decision about whether to join the club, it wasnt pretty viewing for him watching our soft footballers get thoroughly outplayed.

All players will assess a body of work/stage/a rise/fall, rather than a single game.

A player like Cogs won't be swayed either way by a single game

think Cameron went to brisbane because of family but still i get your point.....They did well to get those players but I dont think it is just about wins. We are one of the big four in melb but have still missed out on a lot of players recently (eg shiel saad stringer omeara mithcell impey wingard devon smith etc)....i just dont have any confidence that we will attract such talent at this stage....I believe we need to show some more progress on and off the field..some club wide stability.

You are making assumptions we targeted all those players you mentioned

Players and their managers aren't stupid, our rebuild is ahead of where the Lions were, we will improve again next year to at least being a mid table side, without attracting elite talent

Conditional players. Need a kick up the arse? What games are you watching?

If it makes you happy to give up on games and knock players with unwarranted criticism then you are jumping at shadows.
Games where dow doesn't run hard enough defensively, games where Fisher refuses to get his hands dirty etc. Dow was dropped and looked a bit better in his return, Fisher wasn't and didn't improve.

Kick up the ass, or for the modern person who can't take criticsm, need to work on their deficiencies over simmer

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

On a positive note, wanted to highlight plowmans game....really rate his second half of the year in particular, and was really good again against the cats...

Happy to try to pick off the high risk options (and now hits them more often than not) and always asked to play either oversized on small, nimble forwards or undersized on KPP...today being no exception after being asked to play a KP after Cas was swung forward...

Really underrated I reckon for what he brings....

Agree.
Viewed Plowman as a real worry up until about the half way mark of the season, just couldn’t trust him and that is unacceptable in defence.
To his credit, he has really tightened up his game, making better decisions and nailing them.
Not unlike Gardiner from Brisbane.
Hope he has a great summer and continues the improvement.
Marchbank is the next bloke we need to take the next step, the return of Docherty should help our defence.
Continuity together is what the group needs now.

SPS Jones Plowman
Marchbank Weitering Docherty

Simpson, Newman and hopefully Williamson also on hand with B.Silvagni the slow burn going forward.

Well another season done and by god they go quickly.

Footy for me is best taken with perspective. It is just a sport, a magnificent one but just a game nonetheless. A game none of us on here have any control over. We all love the club, that is the one binding aspect but if you live your life around the wins and losses of the club for the most part you will be disappointed.

I walk away from this season reasonably happy with the position we are now in. Improved list that looks like it could take another step next season. Found some more players this year and most of those players have improvement in them.

Nothing is guaranteed in this game so you can’t just think we will push for top 8 or above next season just because Brisbane did this season.

It is what it is, a magnificent game, a frustrating game and one that kicks you in the face more than it cuddles you. Probably why we all love it.

I know one thing, next season like all seasons I will front up again knowing all of the above but still hoping for the best. It may happen, give there are 17 other clubs in the same boat it may not.

Take a deep breath, enjoy the off season and finals and see you in 2020.

Go Blues.

I seriously can’t believe I’m reading people want to trade mckay 😂

Thank god they arent in charge of list management. They would probably try and re recruit Richard tabling with Adelaide’s pick

Agree. However McKays kicking has turned to shite.

Has to fix (used to be very good)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All players will assess a body of work/stage/a rise/fall, rather than a single game.

A player like Cogs won't be swayed either way by a single game

Literally one post below you tell another poster not to make assumptions. You have no idea how Cogs thinks unless you know him. I don’t think yesterday means anything long term but if a player was torn between options it might. Our rise does not happen based on what Cogs does

You are making assumptions we targeted all those players you mentioned

Players and their managers aren't stupid, our rebuild is ahead of where the Lions were, we will improve again next year to at least being a mid table side, without attracting elite talent

How can you seriously suggest our rebuild is ahead of where the Lions were last year? They are now top 4. I think we will rise next year but if we are pushing top 4 I would be shocked. Your statement is the sort of blue coloured glasses comment that is just as bad as all the nuffnuffs who only best negative crap!

How can you seriously suggest our rebuild is ahead of where the Lions were last year? They are now top 4. I think we will rise next year but if we are pushing top 4 I would be shocked. Your statement is the sort of blue coloured glasses comment that is just as bad as all the nuffnuffs who only best negative crap!

Never said we were ahead of the Lions of last year, said we are ahead of their rebuild, but nice melt

Well another season done and by god they go quickly.

Footy for me is best taken with perspective. It is just a sport, a magnificent one but just a game nonetheless. A game none of us on here have any control over. We all love the club, that is the one binding aspect but if you live your life around the wins and losses of the club for the most part you will be disappointed.

I walk away from this season reasonably happy with the position we are now in. Improved list that looks like it could take another step next season. Found some more players this year and most of those players have improvement in them.

Nothing is guaranteed in this game so you can’t just think we will push for top 8 or above next season just because Brisbane did this season.

It is what it is, a magnificent game, a frustrating game and one that kicks you in the face more than it cuddles you. Probably why we all love it.

I know one thing, next season like all seasons I will front up again knowing all of the above but still hoping for the best. It may happen, give there are 17 other clubs in the same boat it may not.

Take a deep breath, enjoy the off season and finals and see you in 2020.

Go Blues.
Top post 👌🏻

B1FCBFE6-65A9-44BD-906B-4B909B4CD955.gif

Why is the inside of a meat pie eleventy billion times hotter than the inside of a sausage roll

OK, I'll take a stab at this one....

The inside of meat pies have a lot more water content than sausage rolls. So when both are heated through well at a high temperature you have to contend with "latent heat of vaporisation". In a simple way you could say that the pie has stored more heat potential so it stays hotter for longer (never failing to burn your tongue, roof of mouth, , etc.

Are there any boffins that can ratify or scupper this hypothesis?

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

We could well be defined by how the players react to this loss, and how it fuels their desires and hunger for success moving forwards.

The coming pre season will shape it, and rd 1 next year will confirm it.

Back