Preview Rd 23 : Changes against The Carlton - MCG

Sep 6, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Thunder
The guy who has surprised me is Sproule, I really had no opinion of him but he has actually been good.

He's been given a chance and grabbed it with both hands.

He's fit and hungry. That's what we need and what was so badly missing last year.

I’m not - he’s the perfect medical sub - versatile enough to play anywhere and only 3 more “games” needed until we get his kids.
I've heard a few people mention this, are his kids known to be good, or is this a just in case thing

Mar 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
LA Angels
I agree. Just like they were going to smash Kangaroos haha. Sorry
Complete coaching loss that one.

Sat DeBoer on a HFF all game whilst Cunnington spent four quarters getting leather poisoning in the middle. And GWS still tied it despite this!

his son is, like, 12 months old, max - it’s purely a just in case thing
I thought he must have had a gun 12 yo or something 😃😃😃
I reckon I have seen 4 or 5 posts talking about the FS for 100 games so was starting to think it was really relevant!

Hendo_21

Club Legend
Aug 14, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
Complete coaching loss that one.

Sat DeBoer on a HFF all game whilst Cunnington spent four quarters getting leather poisoning in the middle. And GWS still tied it despite this!
Was so weird to see him not being used as a tagger considering the success he's had in the past matching up against Cunnington

Ichabod Noodle

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
I thought he must have had a gun 12 yo or something 😃😃😃
I reckon I have seen 4 or 5 posts talking about the FS for 100 games so was starting to think it was really relevant!

nah, it’s just young club full of young players and at least 20 years to wait for a F/S - been marking down the likeliest as they come up (either have kids, or play 100)

We got Mummy over the line when I didn’t think we could (and his kids, while young, can apparently kick).

Cal got to a hundred easily but his son is only a baby and came years after the 100

Lloydy has kids but probably won’t get to a hundred.

Reid is just on that cusp - new son, almost 100 club games - and given his backstory it would be a remarkable thing to be F/S eligible. it’s the sentimentalist in me.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
I’m not - he’s the perfect medical sub - versatile enough to play anywhere and only 3 more “games” needed until we get his kids.

Your point re the attributes of an ideal medical sub is very well made.

It will be fascinating to see whether Cogs may be the surprise medi-sub this week.

In future years when Cal wants a quieter life as he approaches retirement I could imagine him becoming our super-gun medi-sub.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back