Preview RD 23 Geelong v Carlton Sat Aug 24 435pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. Play the best team possible and prepare for finals footy. A loss to Carlton would not be conducive to the right frame of mind entering the finals.

Can I ask which part of my post you disagree with?

I'm not advocating playing youngsters against Carlton just for the sake of playing them.

I said I'd rather be selecting from players in line to play finals. And regarding the youngsters or next generation, they have been playing hard in the VFL all season, all let them hit the finals hard and see how they progress through that. They have earnt the right to play in the VFL finals & I don't think it's fair if any of them miss out on that opportunity next week just because we decide to rest a few players this week

Didnt they say his knee is stuffed and surgery wont improve it and playing on it wont be any worse sounds like cartilage has worn away totally bone on bone
Sounds a bit like what happened to Buddha Hocking. Kept playing on sheer willpower but certainly dropped off quickly.
Let's hope Selwood just saving himself for a big tilt at finals.

This game really in context isn't that important some supporters want to finish first but we will still be top 4 with a loss, surprised we didnt add few more kids to the team to give them exposure to the big stuff....
Want to play WC in Perth? Nice humour anyway!

Want to play WC in Perth? Nice humour anyway!
1. Definitely do not want to play in WA for any final;
2. Big game at the G is good experience;
3. Top 2 still the preferred option.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep and Stanley's best isnt anywhere near a good ruckman :p
Stanley when in form for those 6 weeks last year, and earlier this year has shown he is certainly capable.

I don’t fully trust him either but if he can compete well against Gawn and Grundy then he clearly is good enough, his problem is between the ears imo.

Just hope to see Stanley show some first half season form tomorrow, I would say we need to have 2 ruckman for the finals, but that makes us too tall we would have to drop someone, so Stanley the buck stops with you.

Can I ask which part of my post you disagree with?

I'm not advocating playing youngsters against Carlton just for the sake of playing them.

I said I'd rather be selecting from players in line to play finals. And regarding the youngsters or next generation, they have been playing hard in the VFL all season, all let them hit the finals hard and see how they progress through that. They have earnt the right to play in the VFL finals & I don't think it's fair if any of them miss out on that opportunity next week just because we decide to rest a few players this week
But we are not resting any players. Kolo and Atkins are injured, Stanley and Rohan are back in. I see what you mean concerning playing the young players in the VFL finals but I can't see anyone being dropped due to a senior player getting a game, most of the senior players will not qualify. Do you mean dropping someone like Scott Selwood who won't play AFL again this year and will probably be delisted at seasons end?

Stanley when in form for those 6 weeks last year, and earlier this year has shown he is certainly capable.

I don’t fully trust him either but if he can compete well against Gawn and Grundy then he clearly is good enough, his problem is between the ears imo.
Purrfect!!!....err sorry I suppose you get that a lot:oops:

But we are not resting any players. Kolo and Atkins are injured, Stanley and Rohan are back in. I see what you mean concerning playing the young players in the VFL finals but I can't see anyone being dropped due to a senior player getting a game, most of the senior players will not qualify. Do you mean dropping someone like Scott Selwood who won't play AFL again this year and will probably be delisted at seasons end?

The initial post I replied to was advocating for the idea of playing some youngsters this weekend to expose them to senior footy - I don't see any benefit to that unless the players selected for this weeks seniors are also a genuine chance to play AFL finals.

Our emergencies this week are Scooter, Menegola, Parsons & Smith, and I would think that those guys along with Atkins, Clark & Kolo who are out injured, are more likely to be called upon for finals if required (and thus probably more suited to be an emergency at this stage), than say Constable, Simpson, Kreuger or Buzza, who are some of the younger guys on the fringe - although more than a few want/ed a couple of those in the seniors.

Maybe he disagrees and just can't be bothered responding to your long winded rant. I can't either but I will say this. If we start hanging defenders for what could have happened or when they were helped out by team mates every defender is going to look rubbish. Pull your head in.
[/QUOTE
Who do you think you are? You pull your head in.
After all the Bews fan boys started with their nonsense I started rewatching the game.
I think the mistake I made was just reviewing the last quarter, so I have been through it again.
You are right about players leaving their men to help and that is what happened in the last quarter
with Henderson. It doesn’t so easily explain 2 plays in the second quarter when Kolo and MOC
managed to make contact with Cameron and rush the ball, on both occasions Bews was 10 metres
away, flat footed.
Cameron kicked 3 goals when Bews was his man, but also kicked 2 points and had 2 non scoring shots.
He missed from 12 metres out and 15 metres out and kicked a point from 35 dead in front.
Did you notice that Bews was moved off Cameron 5-6 mins from half time and replaced by Stewart.
I don’t think that happened because he was going well. It happened because he had his arse handed
to him big time. He didn’t play on Cameron in the third but was put back on him in the last, and
your guess would be as good as mine as to why, because he had his arse handed to him again.
While Bews was on Cameron he had 7 shots on goal and as I said missed 3 sitters, and he didn’t
play on him for 1 quarter and 5-6 mins. He also set up another goal in the last with Bews 10 metres
away, again. The fact that Cameron didn’t kick a huge bag ( he absolutely should have had 8, six of
these on Bews) had nothing to do with Bews, but his inaccuracy.
I didn’t want to post a long comment, but when people make rash statements and don’t do their due
diligence, it’s hard not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back