Preview RD 23 Geelong v Carlton Sat Aug 24 435pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand if he breaks down again it won’t look great, but if he plays well it could be the move the sparks our season up again.

we’ve played Gary Rohan for most of the year off the back of his first 6 weeks. Rohan kicked 4 goals in his last 8 games, hardly setting the world on fire. Cockatoo offers much the same in terms of pressure.

Obviously it’s very unlikely we do play him I just think with 1 game to go, we could play him next week and then in the vfl the following week in the bye, and if he pulls up okay he could be right for the first final.

I doubt they do it I just think he could provide a huge amount of x-factor to a forward line that has lacked exactly what he provides. We don’t want to look back on the season with regret on moves we could have made.
Cockatoo would need at least 3 full games in the VFL and pulling in 20+ touches before he could even be considered. He just played half a game in the VFL and had to rest a week. Not going to happen.

Don't get ahead of yourself. We still have Carlton to beat, assume that its dry and dusted at your worst. A loss to Carlton could totally mess up our finals and our season and the players minds.
They will play like they have nothing to lose, flip it around and spread like the clappers.
The sort of style that often exposes us. Very much a danger game.
Ground advantage may just get us over the line though.

Menongola & Selwood good in VFL. Stanley out performs Smith.
In: menongola, Stanley, .....rohan(fit)?
Out: either Bews or touhy, Henderson
Need more outfield speed and one less slow moving tall back.
Like to see Joel Selwood in middle and more speed on wings
Constable in the middle? Push Kelly wide?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stanley is the lesser of 5 evils. He can compete most of the time in the actual ruck. He’s mobile and will work around the ground.
Honestly, I think we've looked better in the centre in the last two weeks than we have most of the year. I'd be tempted to bring in Stanley if we play Richmond (or maybe West Coast) due to their tall forwards requiring Blicavs' attention, but other than that...

Selection time...

I do think that Constable just has to play. He's earned it, he's AFL-standard, we need greater depth (as opposed to brilliance) in the middle and we need to keep him at the club.

To that end, I'd drop one of Bews, Henry or (gulp) Cam Guthrie, with whom I've finally lost patience. If it's Bews or Henry, then Tuohy rolls back, Ablett spends more time forward, and Constable goes into the middle.

In terms of the ruck situation... I don't like it, but I think that our full-timers are so ordinary, I'd rather play Blitz. We've looked reasonably good in the centre for the last two weeks, certainly no worse than most of the year.

Am I the only one here who thought Henderson was good? He wasn't in the best but still thought he did ok?

I thought Henderson was fantastic. I wouldn't get too concerned by the this board's general opinion. Honestly if the club followed general consensus we'd have the most disjointed team ever. We'd be dropping three players a week and would have no continuity whatsoever. Also we lost by 1 point to the top of the table team. HOW IN ANY RATIONAL WORLD does that scream MAKE WHOLESALE CHANGES IMMEDIATELY!

From doing the ladder predictor we either finish 1st (Richmond win next week) or 4th (Richmond lose next week). Either Richmond at the G or Brisbane at home. 1st week of finals will be tough.

Menongola & Selwood good in VFL. Stanley out performs Smith.
In: menongola, Stanley, .....rohan(fit)?
Out: either Bews or touhy, Henderson
Need more outfield speed and one less slow moving tall back.
Like to see Joel Selwood in middle and more speed on wings
Constable in the middle? Push Kelly wide?

Stanley just has to come in because we simply must return Blitz to the back line.

Tuohy out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back