Game Day Rd 23 - Port @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

We're certainly a chance but I'm not expecting a win here. As long as we put in an honest performance like the Brissie game I'll be content.

Speaking of, Friday night showed how silly some of the overreactions were to that loss. The way some people were labelling Brissie a s**t team when they've prevailed in 16 of their 22 games this year and are sitting 2nd was just childish petulance.

We're certainly a chance but I'm not expecting a win here. As long as we put in an honest performance like the Brissie game I'll be content.

Speaking of, Friday night showed how silly some of the overreactions were to that loss. The way some people were labelling Brissie a s**t team when they've prevailed in 16 of their 22 games this year and are sitting 2nd was just childish petulance.
Brisbane game was our best performance since the Melbourne win. I got more hope out of that game then the Geelong and WC ones combined.

Will take our best to win this.
I think Port will come out looking for a decent win leading into finals.
Hoping for a 4 quarter contest and not an early capitulation.
Sometimes teams without finals to play for, can just play with wild abandon. Hopefully thats us today.
End the season on a high with a couple of back to back wins.
Us by 1 point.......

Sometimes the wheels can completely fall off in the second last round for teams just outside or on the verge of finals. I hope we give a spirited effort today. I’m actually very keen to see how we go next week against another developing team in Hawthorn. So we need to play well for in these two games and get the most out of what has been a disappointing season. Port aren’t exactly flying so I reckon we’re in with a chance.

Would love a retro round win, can't see it happening though (only beat tigers of recent and it was a diabolical game)

Have memories of getting belted by port when wearing the anchor, my brother supports Port so have sat through many games at subi where they pummelled us, Motlop kicking GOTY comes to mind.

Hopefully we don't wind it back that far today

We’ve got this today. I‘m expecting a good contest and both Jye and Sam to kick at least two apiece.

Like several other posters, I want us to win today, but will be going for Port during the finals.

Having spoken to several Adelaide supporters over the years I can tell you that there in the same rivalry and level of hatred between them and Port as there is here with us and the Eagles. Also like us and our media, Port are treated badly by theirs so they face the same uphill battle that we do.

I sense a four goal game from Bailey Banfield today Tonga Bob. 🤠

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've seen enough. Freo to beat Kern and the Port Adelaide Tarps by 28 points..

I’m not feeling it. I think their mids are too strong.

Looking for 4 quarters of pressure & run & no fear footy. Hopefully Emmett shows a bit. Love his journey to the top & couldn’t be happier for him to realize his dream.

+1

Port have been a bit up and down the last month but their midfield beats ours if they fire.

As long as it's not a repeat of some of our earlier home efforts against Sydney, Dogs etc, I'm ok with it.

No Walters hurts quite a bit

Fairly short forward line

Reckon Rozee and Butters will be too much for us unfortunately.

Power by 20

We're a sneaky chance, but simply have to bring the pressure for four quarters and play with some dare

Remove this Banner Ad

Back