Game Day Rd 23 - Port @ Optus

Remove this Banner Ad

that’s not true. What did you think about Amiss? Nick Daicos, Fyfe? not everyone develops at the same rate but really need to see something soon

You’ve just named a dual Brownlow medallist, one of the best 2nd year players the game has seen for a while along with one of the best 2nd year key forwards the game has seen for a while. Not a particularly fair comparison

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You’ve just named a dual Brownlow medallist, one of the best 2nd year players the game has seen for a while along with one of the best 2nd year key forwards the game has seen for a while. Not a particularly fair comparison

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

yeah whatever…I’m not seeing anything from these two currently suggesting they have it…

that has to change or we’re ****ed

I think elite is the wrong term to use. Complete. Johnson and Erasmus are incomplete players at 20 and will need more time to become more complete players.
Amiss is also incomplete and certainly hasn't earnt the elite tag at this stage.
Playing past expectations helps tho. He's got great qualities already but he ain't elite yet.

There were a lot of negative things to focus on: But that final 2 and a half minutes we just allowed Port to hold off and keep possession uncontested to run out the clock was one of the most damning indictments of coaching I've seen. If the players are still peeling off and not taking an opponent in order to keep a structure up the ground in that situation then the messages from the coaches box are either seriously wrong or seriously miscommunicated.

Either way, terrible.

One thing about Emmett is he needs to be less selfish in front of goal. Couple times, especially the one towards the end, he could’vehanded it off too a player in a better position.

But other than that love his aggression

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ken Hinkley the Evil Emperor in Star Wars. This was the Empire Stikes Back. Next year we’ll roll them

Did you miss the part where I said "Outside of anomalies"

Judd and Daicos go into that category, they're anomalies, they're not the norm.
A reasonable comparison for Johnson and Erasmus is
1. Brayshaw and Cerra at the end of year two
2. Serong and Young at the end of year two.

In comparison to both those duos, I think overall they are definitely behind quite a bit.
Personally I think Johnson is the more likely prospect than Erasmus at this stage.
He’s at least shown flashes of genuine class though not much today. Interestingly they both could be more natural goalkickers than the earlier duos, but that wouldn’t be too hard either.
Erasmus concerns me the most, I’m getting strong Paddy Dow vibes from him at this stage of his career.

A reasonable comparison for Johnson and Erasmus is
1. Brayshaw and Cerra at the end of year two
2. Serong and Young at the end of year two.

In comparison to both those duos, I think overall they are definitely behind quite a bit.
Personally I think Johnson is the more likely prospect than Erasmus at this stage.
He’s at least shown flashes of genuine class though not much today. Interestingly they both could be more natural goalkickers than the earlier duos, but that wouldn’t be too hard either.
Erasmus concerns me the most, I’m getting strong Paddy Dow vibes from him at this stage of his career.

yep. The lad can’t kick…

Amiss and Van Rooyen on the table 🤦‍♀️

yep. The lad can’t kick…

Amiss and Van Rooyen on the table 🤦‍♀️
Wait till the end of next year, then we
can judge over a broader scale.
Some players need 50 AFL games to break out.
Erasmus is that Forward/mid not his fault he only gets to play centre.
Johnson on a wing/mid it’s about the
rotations and JLo plays them off the
bench.

Liked what we tried at the end of the game

Clark and Henry sprinting off the half back line froman a centre bounce, Ryan was as attacking wing as you can be

Freddy and Clark then did it after the goal but Freddy wasn't running fast enough imo

Coz went forward

Atleast we tried something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back