Review Rd 23 Review - Freo win comfortably against Orange Team in Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

thought walker was really good, exceptionally clean for his standards, couple of really good kicks, a class one i50 if i remember right, had a nice intercept mark as well which he doesnt do often, weve got a real player in the making here, still so young

darcy looked threatening at any i50 stoppage, him and switta combo could cause some real damage

serong was huge, just dog hungry that boy. there was a passage on the broadcast side wing involved serong, brodie and aish i think with some really quick difficult hands to get us on the counter, lovely to watch

Banfield did have a poor game but some of that is on the shoulders of his team mates who consistently missed opportunitiesto get him the ball when he was in space. Every chance he gets 2 or 3 goals if he was used at times and of course there was the front on smashing he got in Q1 for no free kick.. Buts sure lets just bag him out.. Poor bugger has spent so much time warming the pine he must be as rusty as Fyfe.
Banfield had a lot of 'nearly' moments. I think he goes out if Lobb is fit for WB though.

e.g. Have a look at the space in front of Banflield who had gut-run from the wing. Fyfe chooses to kick the short one to the Schultz/Taylor contest (to the adv of Taylor). If that kick is anywhere to the right, or another meter on it - goal to Banners. Instead, he just has to slow down and watch on.

1661153287630.png

Last edited:
Brennan Cox named in All Australian squad.

Anyone else skeptical on the Cox off the boot touch…? Glad it was called a behind, but gee there was nothing there that I could see that showed a touch. And Mundy sliding down to take Swittas shot after the siren big miss from the umps but absolutely take the breaks.
1:31:50 time-stamp on Kayo if Anyones bored and wants to see. Roo sums it up well

Last edited:
Anyone else skeptical on the Cox off the boot touch…? Glad it was called a behind, but gee there was nothing there that I could see that showed a touch. And Mundy sliding down to take Swittas shot after the siren big miss from the umps but absolutely take the breaks.
1:31:50 time-stamp on Kayo if Anyones bored and wants to see. Roo sums it up well
I think the frame where it clearly touches is missing but you can tell that it hit his index finger (and iirc there was some deflection on the ball but I could just be making it up).

The mundy one was a joke though lol. Should've been meek or darcy taking it but I'm not complaining

I think the frame where it clearly touches is missing but you can tell that it hit his index finger (and iirc there was some deflection on the ball but I could just be making it up).

The mundy one was a joke though lol. Should've been meek or darcy taking it but I'm not complaining

Maybe, but I would have been spewing if if was the other way round tho 🙊
Lucky it was just the orange team with nothing to play for, which I think helped.

Not at all! Was great to see Dave put another one through after the siren too. I actually did lol when watching the replay and him sliding down to take it

Not at all, clearly touched the ring finger on his right hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t the AFL change the rule so the attacking team choose who takes the kick in this scenario? Similar to when Carlton’s Newnes took the kick against us when he was nowhere near the boundary.

Nah you could clearly see his finger being bent back by the ball, the commentators tried really hard to pretend they couldn't see it though.

Banfield had a lot of 'nearly' moments. I think he goes out if Lobb is fit for WB though.

e.g. Have a look at the space in front of Banflield who had gut-run from the wing. Fyfe chooses to kick the short one to the Schultz/Taylor contest (to the adv of Taylor). If that kick is anywhere to the right, or another meter on it - goal to Banners. Instead, he just has to slow down and watch on.

View attachment 1487401
That particular moment was heard all over Joondalup. Even if Fyfe had put it to the goal square we would have scored a goal. Just anywhere but exactly where he kicked it.

Nah definitely hit the finger next to the pinky on the right hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back