Review Rd 23 Review - Freo win comfortably against Orange Team in Canberra

Remove this Banner Ad

A gutsy win with what was a makeshift forward line.

Serong was immense and lead from the front when we were asleep for the first third of the game.

I loved the games of all our HBF's. It felt like all of our scoring chains were the result of the effots of Walker, Clark and Young.

Finals here we come!!! (hopefully top-4)

some posters in here must surely have egg on their face....the emotional tantrums when we're losing and the outrageous dribble of we're not worthy of playing finals was utterly disgraceful and a farce. Check yaselves into 'Hotel Reality'; the game ain't ever done until the ref blows a whistle in the 4th quarter. Hope you've learnt something; but seeing as it happens each week we're losing or playing poorly despite the outcome still up in the air - it's a given it will continue! Unreal.

Just puerile at times, how can you even watch the game and go that ballistic simultaneously?!

THAT and the biased umpiring almost put this game into the unbearable category. But seeing as the boys dug deep and stood up when it mattered goes a long way to the newfangled resolve and belief that's been building all year and just what you need heading into finals. Especially with as ragtag a forward line as we could patch together.....impressive win, if not an impressive performance. First time winning the last round since 2016, so that's another little hoodoo ticked off....now we await our final positioning and see if we get a top 4 birth or it's a home elimination final. Either way, I'm proud of the guys H & A season, it's had some highs and some lows, it's ups & downs - but boy they've played with some real gusto at times and shown that the future's in good hands going forward............if we can just get some stronger firepower in the forward half, we'll be a juggernaut in the making.

We're not "there" yet, but let's see how we go in the finals. BRING IT THE F*** ON!!!

some posters in here must surely have egg on their face....the emotional tantrums when we're losing and the outrageous dribble of we're not worthy of playing finals was utterly disgraceful and a farce. Check yaselves into 'Hotel Reality'; the game ain't ever done until the ref blows a whistle in the 4th quarter. Hope you've learnt something; but seeing as it happens each week we're losing or playing poorly despite the outcome still up in the air - it's a given it will continue! Unreal.

Just puerile at times, how can you even watch the game and go that ballistic simultaneously?!

THAT and the biased umpiring almost put this game into the unbearable category. But seeing as the boys dug deep and stood up when it mattered goes a long way to the newfangled resolve and belief that's been building all year and just what you need heading into finals. Especially with as ragtag a forward line as we could patch together.....impressive win, if not an impressive performance. First time winning the last round since 2016, so that's another little hoodoo ticked off....now we await our final positioning and see if we get a top 4 birth or it's a home elimination final. Either way, I'm proud of the guys H & A season, it's had some highs and some lows, it's ups & downs - but boy they've played with some real gusto at times and shown that the future's in good hands going forward............if we can just get some stronger firepower in the forward half, we'll be a juggernaut in the making.

We're not "there" yet, but let's see how we go in the finals. BRING IT THE F*** ON!!!

The game day thread should be bricked. Or re named "The no filter" thread. Do your sanity a favour and ignore it.

Positives:
-Everything except the forward entries and organisation

Negatives:
-The forward entries and organisation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game day thread should be bricked. Or re named "The no filter" thread. Do your sanity a favour and ignore it.
I only saw some remarks in passing, I was watching the game...I usually stay out of it for much of the reasons I posted above, such as not being able to watch it (properly) whilst you're furiously scribbling to punch-bag the club. I mean some people carry on like we need to bring out a damn firing squad!! It's embarrassing. But anyway, said my piece...I knew before I'd even looked what it would mostly contain when we were losing.

I should know better hahaha! And I get it, we all get annoyed when we play like spongebob on meth; but it was a sluggish start matched by GWS playing better.....but it didn't last and when we got going, the tide turned. All that matters then is who is front come the final whistle. 2 wins back to back at Manuka Oval now if I'm correct.

And we give ourselves a chance to finish the round top 4 (unlikely, but still possible..). We now get to prepare to play Finals either way, it's exciting for the club after years of the 'rebuild' ;)

And overall, this season has been a "success", irrespective of what happens next.....

Btw it was Pearce's first goal since playing forward back in 2015.
When he was lining up for goal I thought "he's no shot here". Round 1 in 2021 he played tall forward for whatever reason and he was a terrible kick for goal and then eventually went down with injury

Egg on my face there!

• great day out on the ground, sun was out almost all game, so not as cold as expected
  • a really good freo supporter presence
  • drive down worth it!

Positives
  • with the exception of a few Chapman and Cox brain farts, and where are the people on the line moments - backs were absolutely tremendous
  • mids and defenders kicking goals - had to come from somewhere and they delivered
  • scored enough to get a 50 point turn around despite having a dysfunctional forward line
  • Sonny inspirational
  • young guys stood up to the bigger midfield in the end

Negatives
  • so much hot potato among the “forwards” just so much reluctance to take a ping, it’s not like they were passing to a teammate under less pressure
  • delivery to a short forward line wasn’t always well thought out - but also it didn’t seem that we had crumbers in there
  • slow start and poor forward pressure for 1.5 quarters
Lots to work on before our first final - forward line please.

8.5 wins out of 11 wins from away games.
7 wins out of 11 games from home games.

Thats a terrific effort from what essentially is a very young group & if someone told us at the start of the year that Fyfe would have only really been a factor in one of those wins, you would have said bullshit.
That’s a huge positive out of the season as many thought we needed Fyfe firing to be a contender, with him hopefully improving being a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back