Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
No Ahern this week.

Paul, take off your boots and put that footy down.

LOL come on, mate. Why?

Because the last thing the AFL wants is a Tasmanian winning the Coleman Medal in Tasmania. Can you imagine how much they'd hate all that extra Ben Brown Coleman merch being sold? They hate money.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Because the last thing the AFL wants is a Tasmanian winning the Coleman Medal in Tasmania. Can you imagine how much they'd hate all that extra Ben Brown Coleman merch being sold? They hate money.

Our clubs marketing wouldn't be smart enough to cash in on it.

Our clubs marketing wouldn't be smart enough to cash in on it.

I hope they have several thousand Ben Brown Coleman shirts on the way to Hobart at the moment. A week should have been enough time to get something organised. Jasper Pittard could have designed something in minutes. So worth it if he wins. The players could postpone their mad Monday and spend next Monday visiting every school in the city or something similar - organise all the schools to meet at various places and have the players show up.

Its the sort of thing they should be doing in Melbourne too, but Browny is a Tasmanian, TT is, Aaron hall is. Robbie Tarrant is known as Taz. An extra couple of thousand kids from Hobart brainwashed into supporting us. Perfect.

And before Zondors and the anti tassie crew arc up about it - most of these kids will be moving to Melbourne in the next 5 - 20 years anyway.

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy decent coffee but don't dunk yer biscuits
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I’ll put the tin hat on and say I reckon the AFL and the umpires will try to make it difficult for BBB to win the Coleman
I'll do a Whatley, and go the other way. Umps will give BBB an armchair ride to ensure that he is the leading goalkicker at season's end.

One of us is a genius!!!!

PS: umpires will be accused of bias in favour of Ben, so the haters will have a claim that his Coleman is tainted and as a result he will not be considered deserving of an AA.

Sideburns Ahern

Team Captain
Apr 6, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I hope they have several thousand Ben Brown Coleman shirts on the way to Hobart at the moment. A week should have been enough time to get something organised. Jasper Pittard could have designed something in minutes. So worth it if he wins. The players could postpone their mad Monday and spend next Monday visiting every school in the city or something similar - organise all the schools to meet at various places and have the players show up.

Its the sort of thing they should be doing in Melbourne too, but Browny is a Tasmanian, TT is, Aaron hall is. Robbie Tarrant is known as Taz. An extra couple of thousand kids from Hobart brainwashed into supporting us. Perfect.

And before Zondors and the anti tassie crew arc up about it - most of these kids will be moving to Melbourne in the next 5 - 20 years anyway.

You do realise that Ben Brown can't actually win the Coleman during the game on Saturday right? It's not over until Sunday afternoon.

marklovesbeer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 8, 2010
South Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
South Adelaide Panthers
Anyone else slightly concerned for Benny's chance at the Coleman? Cameron's a chance to come back against Gold Coast, and Melbourne will be well aware that we'll be looking for Ben most of the game, so they might plan to neutralise him accordingly.
I hear ya, but do GWS risk him against a team like that on the eve of a finals campaign?

He'll kick 8 and the AFL will gift free kicks to Cameron all night to steal the medal. You know, I know it, Cameron knows it too.
After just seeing Jeremy Cameron is definitely playing, it is his 150th, and they are playing the AFL's other franchise who are aiming for their 18th straight loss,
and we happen to be playing 1st, so he (and HQ) will know exactly how many are required to deliver a bit of good karma to their other love child, the Giants, I do not dismiss this as a possibility. We must not give them a realistic total to chase, so probably only a tally of at least 8+ will be enough, and even then, I wouldn't be completely comfortable until their game is over. Another bag of 10 would be magnificent.

Yeah that's a fair assumption. We have scored our fair share of Sunday twilight fixtures in the final round.

I planned my weekend around it. :D What an idiot. I swear i looked at the fixture last week and saw Sunday too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back