Preview Rd 23: Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 1:45pm Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the problem rampe is having this year is that he is rarely been given the top forward role. Seems to me they have said to mccartin your the man for the future your taking over no matter what. For the first time in a long time rampe doesn’t have that huge responsibility but I back him to perform when it counts

Especially against either stringer or greene in finals, fox would have been one of the candidates to play on those 2. Melican surely can’t so we are less flexible back there already

Rampe has been above career average on disposals and metres gained this year. He’s down on spoils and intercept marks compared to his career averages. Likely that he’s playing a different role this year rather than falling off the cliff.
He's not getting any younger and whatever he's done he's been a champ of the club and cost nothing .

CoR is a good, rugged defender who sticks tackles.

No objection to him holding a spot over Fox.

Nice to have the luxury of two solid medium defenders to choose from.
Good to see Colin get a full game. I suspect that he, Melican and Fox are more or less fighting for a spot. The locks appear to be:
Rampe, McCartin, Cunningham, Lloyd, Dawson/McInerney (rotating). Would have been Blakey as the sixth and one of those three for the seventh.
Now 2 of 3 IMO.
I think they'll stick with Campbell at HHF unless in emergency.

Regarding Fox, I've actually noticed the last 2 weeks that at least 3-4 times a player has walked through his tackle (oddly enough, Reid was also dropped after bumping a player that recovered immediately and set up a clean inside 50).

Missing tackles is usually a sign of exhaustion or lack of commitment. I don't think Fox lack commitment, so I would assume that he will be given every chance to play finals.

I also just think solid tackles are so important to how our team plays, we don't have the ability to protect outside run and need the first tackle to stop the ball movement, and if a player is letting an opposition player waltz through a tackle they should be dropped.

Quite an astute summation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melican better play well

Kissed on the dick
Different player to Fox. Strong bodied & can go to the big forward. Rampe has been struggling to go with the big forward of late. I fear he may be slowing as his game against tbe Saints King indicated
COR also is a more natural defender than Fox IMO.

Different player to Fox. Strong bodied & can go to the big forward. Rampe has been struggling to go with the big forward of late. I fear he may be slowing as his game against tbe Saints King indicated
Fox has proven over the last 6-8 weeks

Melican will get flogged by most

Honestly, I'm just glad we are rewarding form. I think COR really showed something when he came on, 2 really good inside 50s and nice run off the back line.

Mclean has shown good form for a game, and Reid has been down on form. It's just really nice to know that they are picking players based off how they're playing, rather than how well we know they can play. It means that if Reid or Fox do deserve to get back into the side we can be confident that they will.

And as i posted a few weeks ago the Kings were terrified of what Rampe did to them and that game might have been the turning point

Sorry BB gotta correct you here (well corrected to my observation anyway) - he was MIA v Freo, he was ordinary v Dons and Saints and abysmal v North.
I'd rather have McLean kicking for goal after the siren than either Reid or Amarty.

No need to correct me I don’t agree with your observations big deal and I think it’s a joke how people pile on this guy year after year but that’s what this board does rinse and repeat so it’s nothing new. You’re entitled to bag Reidy I’m entitled to think he was ok not great up to the Saints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back