Preview Rd 23: Sydney Swans vs Gold Coast Suns, Saturday 1:45pm Marvel Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t get my head around fox being dropped. I have little to no faith in melican. Yea he can play taller than fox, but he can’t play small. Fox is far more versitile and surely has more credits in the bank than melican

Agree 100%. I don't trust Melican at all. Fox is a better defender, better user of the ball, more versatile and more reliable. Honestly don't get it.

If one week of good seniors performance is 'well enough' and 'earning your spot' is good for you then I'm glad swans coaches look at a variety of factors in selecting a player in the team. It's not double standards if they play different positions and offer different skills, its coaches thinking which is better for team structure.
They do play the same position. Reid is crap atm. McLean is not. McLean has proved on a few occasions he can do it. Reid this season has not.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

In all fairness to Amartey, you wouldn't want Reid kicking for you after the siren in a final either (edit: nvm, just re-read and realised that's what you meant). McLean's a far more accurate kick than both. Also personally don't think there's much difference between Reid and McLean pinch hitting in the ruck. Neither are particularly good at it.
Agree about the ruck. McLean HO and Reis 2

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree it's good to see COR get a game. His intercept mark and then sublime pass to Hayward helped turn the match against the Roos. Still a bit flat about Fox though, pretty stiff to be dropped right before finals when he's virtually spent all year in the best 22.

I think we had to give melican another go, to see if he can be relied on in finals.

Glad McLean stayed in and Reid made way. Reid hasn't given us anything. McLean will perform in finals if given the opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good luck to Melican this week named to play on King. He’ll give up 8cm but is 4kg heavier. It will come down to competing in the air. If the alternative was Fox that seems cruel as he gives up 17cm and 10kg to King. Maybe Melican was retained for team balance.

Not to Mention we are carrying on in here like King is the second coming of Tony Lockett. King is very hit and miss. Melican gets his starting point and gets his body positioning right with some pressure up the ground and he will be fine on King. Is he capable of the odd **** up ???? Of course he is but we wear that if he defends well on the day. Fox is a bit stiff based on his year to date but has been ordinary his last 2 and he is still not concrete best 22. He is hard working, courageous and quite attacking in his role but the spot in the side available to him is a back pocket. Is he a true defender ? I don't know but what I do know is he can be very very ragged at times.

Fox is a bit stiff based on his year to date but has been ordinary his last 2 and he is still not concrete best 22.
This!
If we are a fairdinkum finals team, then two not so good games in a row from a fringe best 22 player should mean insecurity for their position at any time.
In other words players like Fox & COR need to play out of their skins week in week out & so should any other player in the 22 come finals time.
Games shouldn't be gifted to players but finals games should be demanded by players in these last games prior to finals at this time of the year.
Reid & Fox couldn't stand out against ordinary opponents. Now COR & McLean get their chance against an equally bad opponent.
Team selection for finals began a few weeks ago& I like it!

Who walks around with no pants on.

Around children? Humphrey Bear is a creep!

That reminds me of one of my favourite Sean Lock gags..

*phone rings*

"Hello? Oh god, really? Oh thank Christ for that. Oh great news, thank you."

*hangs up*

"It's Operation Yewtree."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back