Preview Rd 23 - Sydney vs Richmond: Sat, 4.35 @ SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunt? Club has been saying for weeks that games will be used as an opportunity to see how some kids go at AFL level and good on them. I hope the little taste of AFL footy inspires Mabior to have a killer preseason. Most players will be genuinely chuffed to see the clubs future get a run around whilst for others season's end can't come quick enough.
With Elton mabior playing it is a good look at where our depth is at.

I'm completely in the play the kids camp over here! I just think that there are better kids not playing this week that have shown more than Chol.
No doubt a development thingy to show him the pace of top level footy. It will be the best thing for him as a so called project player going into the next preseason

Can't believe it was 2 years ago since dustin martin turned teddy Richards and heading inside the 50 to give us 9 straight!

I just watched the highlights from that game. Makes me genuinely sad comparing it to this year. :(

Article says that if a player doesn't play Round 23 AFL they can play week 1 of VFL finals regardless of how many games played, but then I think it switches to a limit for week 2.

So from my understanding Miles, Vickery, etc. can play VFL Finals week 1 if we make it, but not week 2.
aLso you need to play a maximum number of afl games which Chol hasn't played to not qualify.Chol surely plays next week.

Finished work early, had some time to kill so went to the open training at the SCG.

Elton dropped an absolute sitter and then whinged about the glare from the sun. I was thoroughly impressed until I walked into a giant concrete beam directly in front of me that I didn't see because of said glare.

Ellis kicked a hard and woefully wayward one that was inches from stinging Dimma in the side of the face before Cotchin got a hand to it and blocked it. Blame Cotchin for Ellis not being delisted.

Chol trained with the forwards, thankfully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really want to see us getting up against the Swans. Last time we played them was an absolutely amazing game. I'd like this season to end with a thrilling match. Selfish. I know.

I'd like a ding dong battle to end of the season. Sadly I'm balancing that against us playing young guys, guys in other positions and possibly more tinkering with the game plan. It's not as if we will be playing with synergy and a season's experience of repeated confident execution.

Toss of the coin as to whether we get last weeks game or the Geelong game which I didn't mind for the most. Hope the later with a better outcome.

It's a long time before the next game after this.

Totally rock the selfish I say. :) Go Tiges!

Lloyd's goal after the siren feels like it was years ago. Such a contrast going into this game. Sydney owe us. Thankfully this game means nothing except 3 more goals for Jack and another 30 possessions for Dusty. Glad the kids are still playing.

Even if Buddy is sore, we will get belted. Pick 5 will be ours !

no chol no richmond

now we will win by 120.
Haha, do you mind lads, if just this one time, you dont find unbelievable form from nowhere and beat us again, we kind of need this win on this occassion. No doubt Vickery and Griffiths and Chol all get suprisingly named and kick 30 goals between them. Please we beg of you, just let us win on one occassion, we did you a solid in trading in Nick Daffy, that has to count for something!

Haha, do you mind lads, if just this one time, you dont find unbelievable form from nowhere and beat us again, we kind of need this win on this occassion. No doubt Vickery and Griffiths and Chol all get suprisingly named and kick 30 goals between them. Please we beg of you, just let us win on one occassion, we did you a solid in trading in Nick Daffy, that has to count for something!
Make Mitchel for Vickery a deal and we will roll over. Otherwise, mark Chol down for 8.

More likely that you guys get a 120-point victory and finish as Minor Premiers and we get a new coach.

Like who?
Mainly talking about Lennon... But could apply it to; C Ellis, Castagna, Broad etc.

I get why Conca & Miles are playing VFL, they've had so much opportunity and we know exactly what they can do but just think we're not getting enough games into the right players and it's more to say we played 37 or 38 of the playing list rather than getting 5-6 consecutive games into a kid

Mainly talking about Lennon... But could apply it to; C Ellis, Castagna, Broad etc.

I get why Conca & Miles are playing VFL, they've had so much opportunity and we know exactly what they can do but just think we're not getting enough games into the right players and it's more to say we played 37 or 38 of the playing list rather than getting 5-6 consecutive games into a kid
My guess is...somebody...not sure who...has said to Dimma that the Season is SHOT!!!! stop trying to make it to the Finals FFS!!!
(Playing your Favourites)
And start playing the kids to see what we have on the List for next year....

Give us Plugger back

Cq0hUv5UEAA0ngo.jpg

Head to head
Sydney $1.05
Richmond $11

Highest score of the round
Sydney $6.50
Richmond $251

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back