Autopsy Rd 3 Blues survive a scare to beat Cats by 2 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty accurate. I suffer significant apoplexy when watching his routine but he’s not on his Pat Malone. I blame the rise of the athlete for this development.

Robbo’s technique was pretty simple. Pick out a target behind the sticks. Do not wave or flip the ball. Comfortable grip on the ball. Head down looking at the ball at this stage. Straight line when walking in. Ball drop crucial. Connection crucial. Only lift your head after you’ve kicked the ball. It’s the art of zen really.
Yeah I was pretty similar. I'm a very ordinary field kick (if I'm off balance or running hard I just had a poor technique to correct for it), but was very accurate on the set shot.

My routine was all about straight lines - walk in straight with hips square to the goal, ball drop as close to the ground as I can to minimise the error / ball movement, straight leg all the way through. Rarely went wrong!

Correct and everyone wanted to say it was groin issues, this assessment is very accurate and needs attention with or without any such groin problems.
I reckon the groin problems may have been factor. If you're sore and trying to find a way to kick that doesn't hurt, it can mess with your natural rhythm, and I guess it's possible his kicking action is still affected by the changes he tried to make. It's impossible to say without asking him I s'pose.

Yeah I was pretty similar. I'm a very ordinary field kick (if I'm off balance or running hard I just had a poor technique to correct for it), but was very accurate on the set shot.

My routine was all about straight lines - walk in straight with hips square to the goal, ball drop as close to the ground as I can to minimise the error / ball movement, straight leg all the way through. Rarely went wrong!
It’s a zen brotherhood.😀

My next home is opposite a park(close to Princes Park). I am available if Carlton needs me. Just putting it out there.

Secondly there were people on here 100% sure that Tom Williamson had crohns disease and was unlikely to make it back. What happened there?
Not sure it's best to get into it in this thread, but wasn't that what the club docs were thinking until it was discovered there was some other issue that presented the same symptoms? Or was it all just furphy?

Harry has a set routine.

1. Wander back relatively aimlessly an arbitrary distance.

2. Lean over, look at the goal posts and flip the ball around in the left hand a few times.

3. Walk in nonchalantly while maintaining a flipping motion.

4. Break into a light trot without predetermined thought (cease flipping now).

5. Repeat mantra "Don't go left, don't go left" in head.

6. Decide to go left at the last minute anyway.

7. Slinging kick action that misses left.

8. Point somewhere, run to some space and wonder why the routine isn't working.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You reckon?

2nd year player, coming off a Rising Star, probably getting a little more attention/respect from opposition, playing a bit more outside/wing, with 20% shorter quarters and a severely interrupted preseason?

I'm not concerned in the slightest.

He's looked a little fumbly and off the pace in the first few games, but that's uncharacteristic and I'm confident he'll work through it in short order.
Yep, was even the case last year. Isn't a damaging player

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Pretty accurate. I suffer significant apoplexy when watching his routine but he’s not on his Pat Malone. I blame the rise of the athlete for this development.

Robbo’s technique was pretty simple. Pick out a target behind the sticks. Do not wave or flip the ball. Comfortable grip on the ball. Head down looking at the ball at this stage. Straight line when walking in. Ball drop crucial. Connection crucial. Only lift your head after you’ve kicked the ball. It’s the art of zen really.
kicking a nerf ball up the passageway is a little different...........

I love that we've put away that kick in where we just chip to the pocket, allowing the opposition to restrict us.

Now the players stay spread across the field and doc takes off and launches to 60m out from goal either side but opposition don't know which. Seems to he working better for us.

makes the world of difference when you can get it out easy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Id say cripps, weitering and Martin.

Martin has been good in all 3 games and starred vs Richmond.

Levi was quiet against Melbourne. Can't remember Richmond game but I think he was OK but nothing special.

Martin would be right up there I agree, but Levi has contributed very well in all 3 games. Yes a little quiet in the Demons game

Really? Those votes look fair enough to me.
Martin played well but not it wasn't a stand-out game by any means.

I though Pittonet may have got the BOG, but not complaining about Levi at all.

I guess I would have expected 1 vote, ie. I felt Martin played better than Doc for instance. Not that Doc was bad but Martin IMO was better.

I’m on page 47 and I’d just like to say how much I love Sam Docherty, this human is quite a phenomenon, two years out of the game, two knee reco’s, can you imagine the depth of emotion he went through, it’s simply astounding how he’s come back and dual lead his team to that victory on the weekend.
He can only get better and from Saturday nights personal performance, that takes him into AA elite air, FMD what an individual we have, guess what, we have two of them, I’m giddy for the rest of the year and for the next few if not a decade!
Sam Docherty and Patrick Cripps, how bloody good does that make you feel, sheeshish on bloody stilts peeps!
Ok, need a bloomin drink to calm down.....

kicking a nerf ball up the passageway is a little different...........
I mastered the newspaper football (outside use only) and the sock football (inside when mum wasn’t home😉). Some paper footies may still be stuck in the spouting growing moss.

Nerf was newfangled. I shunned it.

I’m on page 47 and I’d just like to say how much I love Sam Docherty, this human is quite a phenomenon, two years out of the game, two knee reco’s, can you imagine the depth of emotion he went through, it’s simply astounding how he’s come back and dual lead his team to that victory on the weekend.
He can only get better and from Saturday nights personal performance, that takes him into AA elite air, FMD what an individual we have, guess what, we have two of them, I’m giddy for the rest of the year and for the next few if not a decade!
Sam Docherty and Patrick Cripps, how bloody good does that make you feel, sheeshish on bloody stilts peeps!
Ok, need a bloomin drink to calm down.....
Don’t be too long. You’ll lose your place in the queue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back