Seadog

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I watched the last 2 minutes of the Loins/Port game. Rich dives on the ball and takes someones legs out, Commentators call the free kick and continue to call the game, no whinging or calling for a royal commision, why do we have to put up with Darcey and his flog squad?

Art OF war

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Brisbane game was a once off. We had them covered at quarter time then the humidity got to us.
So much this. The conditions completely change from 1 quarter to the next and we don’t adapt quick enough. We deserved to lose that game. However those very particular conditions don’t avail themselves regularly in this season. If we play the lions again, we would win convincingly with the same team - never mind the 6 in’s we’d have.

WCEswift

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Philly Eagles, Boston Red Sox
I watched the last 2 minutes of the Loins/Port game. Rich dives on the ball and takes someones legs out, Commentators call the free kick and continue to call the game, no whinging or calling for a royal commision, why do we have to put up with Darcey and his flog squad?
Also a Witherden and Ebert one was stupid, witherden dove on the ball ebert went the soccer and kicked witherden

Beau_Waters for PM

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Just watched the highlights. Reminded how much we've missed J.Cripps. Great positioning and silky finishing.

Also, is it just me or the amount of 50m penalties being paid this year is a joke? Unbelievably soft these days.

We benefitted from a couple - the ball throwback to the wrong person for the Cripps free for taking the legs, and then the 2-second hold on Liam Ryan after his mark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
You guys are tremendous. Sheed tore them apart again, Gaff amazing, Shuey, Hurn and McGovern solid as fu**. The Pies were a couple up early and looked in command, but you guys weathered the early storm again and had complete control after quarter time. I don't know how the Pies managed to stay in the game. You could have won by a lot more, yet at the same time it could have been closer with Cox, De Goey a couple of times missing goals they should have got. Treloar too. Not to say you guys didn't take some opportunities also.

If you continue to play like you have in the last two weeks and have no injuries ( not that you can't cover them ) Then you will go back to back in a canter.

******* good stuff West Coast.

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I keep hearing about it but really want to see it. That’s awesome that he did that. So sick of Cox acting like some sort of MVP and no one calling him on it. Played s**t tonight too
Can you please GIF this Big Cox 88 :D

It was after either his second (14 mins into second quarter) or third goal (21 mins into second quarter)

Wooshette

Modette
May 27, 2007
Melboooorne
AFL Club
West Coast
Not Jetta, but the gave Cripps a bit of a wrap after one of his goals, spoke about how it wasn't just the elite pressure he brought to our forwardline that made him valuable, but his goal sense too.
Looking forward to watching it all blow by blow, the atmosphere at the game is what you go for but you miss so much of the details. Cripps was a standout, he just seemed to be where he needed to be all the time and the team could rely on him.
I'm looking forward to watching Mayne too towards the end LOL

Astro7

Official Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
South Of Dreamsville
AFL Club
West Coast
You guys are tremendous. Sheed tore them apart again, Gaff amazing, Shuey, Hurn and McGovern solid as ****. The Pies were a couple up early and looked in command, but you guys weathered the early storm again and had complete control after quarter time. I don't know how the Pies managed to stay in the game. You could have won by a lot more, yet at the same time it could have been closer with Cox, De Goey a couple of times missing goals they should have got. Treloar too. Not to say you guys didn't take some opportunities also.

If you continue to play like you have in the last two weeks and have no injuries ( not that you can't cover them ) Then you will go back to back in a canter.

******* good stuff West Coast.
Have to get past you guys at the Cattery??
Or the finals?

Top Bottom