Game Day Rd 3 Collingwood vs WCE. Home away from home

Remove this Banner Ad

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Equivalent of Lingy talking tonight about us taking wa kids with our early picks and using McGovern as an example.

It’s not even laughable anymore.

Also used Oscar Allen as an example, ignoring the Victorian Brander who we picked before him. Then Gaff, another famous WA kid, passes the ball to Shuey, a born and bred Perth lad, while Sandgroper Dan Venables watches from home and our South West Australian captain and former first round pick Shannon Hurn runs by on screen.

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Collingwood tried to out-eagle the Eagles.
Good luck with that.
Yep, they've adapted our game, but haven't got our players/team dynamics...Haven't got the same mix as us with experience and age. We're in our window and they're still building towards one, need to find their own schtick and play to their strengths/build on what they have...not sure if they play the Cats again deep in the season, possibly a different result.
I thought this might be a loss and the Cats a win...the other way around maybe?

Had an absolute ball mate, only 60,000 there but felt and sounded like 80,000. Huge Eagles contingent too, really loud and proud :thumbsu:
Pies supporters started leaving half way through the 4th and late talk back went into meltdown over the umpiring. Personally I thought the umpires were consistently average for both sides. Look forward to the replay tomorrow hehe..perfect Sunday in my jammies :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I watched the last 2 minutes of the Loins/Port game. Rich dives on the ball and takes someones legs out, Commentators call the free kick and continue to call the game, no whinging or calling for a royal commision, why do we have to put up with Darcey and his flog squad?

Art OF war

Club Legend
May 5, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Brisbane game was a once off. We had them covered at quarter time then the humidity got to us.
So much this. The conditions completely change from 1 quarter to the next and we don’t adapt quick enough. We deserved to lose that game. However those very particular conditions don’t avail themselves regularly in this season. If we play the lions again, we would win convincingly with the same team - never mind the 6 in’s we’d have.

WCEswift

Premiership Player
Apr 3, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Philly Eagles, Boston Red Sox
I watched the last 2 minutes of the Loins/Port game. Rich dives on the ball and takes someones legs out, Commentators call the free kick and continue to call the game, no whinging or calling for a royal commision, why do we have to put up with Darcey and his flog squad?
Also a Witherden and Ebert one was stupid, witherden dove on the ball ebert went the soccer and kicked witherden

The Stid

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Boston Bruins
So the commentators crapped on about DeGoey all night? Did they mention Cripps and Jetta?

“I didn’t know Patty Cripps and Neville Jetta played for West Coast”
B547E3FF-74DB-4F77-A42F-0CE8460963CB.gif

Beau_Waters for PM

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Just watched the highlights. Reminded how much we've missed J.Cripps. Great positioning and silky finishing.

Also, is it just me or the amount of 50m penalties being paid this year is a joke? Unbelievably soft these days.

We benefitted from a couple - the ball throwback to the wrong person for the Cripps free for taking the legs, and then the 2-second hold on Liam Ryan after his mark.

Back