Other Teams
AC Milan, Chelsea
ezgif-4-5b03a0f31080.gif

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
You guys are tremendous. Sheed tore them apart again, Gaff amazing, Shuey, Hurn and McGovern solid as *. The Pies were a couple up early and looked in command, but you guys weathered the early storm again and had complete control after quarter time. I don't know how the Pies managed to stay in the game. You could have won by a lot more, yet at the same time it could have been closer with Cox, De Goey a couple of times missing goals they should have got. Treloar too. Not to say you guys didn't take some opportunities also.

If you continue to play like you have in the last two weeks and have no injuries ( not that you can't cover them ) Then you will go back to back in a canter.

******* good stuff West Coast.

mitchzz

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 4, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I keep hearing about it but really want to see it. That’s awesome that he did that. So sick of Cox acting like some sort of MVP and no one calling him on it. Played shite tonight too

Can you please GIF this Big Cox 88 :D

It was after either his second (14 mins into second quarter) or third goal (21 mins into second quarter)

Kids all gone, lunch cooking (beef, red wine and mushroom pies) and about to watch the replay on tv.
SO excited! This one is being saved for a while to rewatch over and over at my leisure, alongside the GF :D

Not Jetta, but the gave Cripps a bit of a wrap after one of his goals, spoke about how it wasn't just the elite pressure he brought to our forwardline that made him valuable, but his goal sense too.
Looking forward to watching it all blow by blow, the atmosphere at the game is what you go for but you miss so much of the details. Cripps was a standout, he just seemed to be where he needed to be all the time and the team could rely on him.
I'm looking forward to watching Mayne too towards the end LOL

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
Kids all gone, lunch cooking (beef, red wine and mushroom pies) and about to watch the replay on tv.
SO excited! This one is being saved for a while to rewatch over and over at my leisure, alongside the GF :D

Lunch sounds so good. Any chance of an invite? 🐶

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
You guys are tremendous. Sheed tore them apart again, Gaff amazing, Shuey, Hurn and McGovern solid as ****. The Pies were a couple up early and looked in command, but you guys weathered the early storm again and had complete control after quarter time. I don't know how the Pies managed to stay in the game. You could have won by a lot more, yet at the same time it could have been closer with Cox, De Goey a couple of times missing goals they should have got. Treloar too. Not to say you guys didn't take some opportunities also.

If you continue to play like you have in the last two weeks and have no injuries ( not that you can't cover them ) Then you will go back to back in a canter.

******* good stuff West Coast.
Have to get past you guys at the Cattery??
Or the finals?

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Tried watching the qtr by qtr replay on afl app.

2nd qtr starts 5 mins in.

3rd qtr ends 10 mins short.

Garbage.

Last night was cutting out every 20 secs .

Not good enough really.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL wouldn’t work for me at all. No video or live streaming, was watching over my brothers shoulder on a drive back from down south.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lunch sounds so good. Any chance of an invite? 🐶
Elite pies for an elite game...four and twenty won’t cut it.
Every Eagle is welcome at my table mate.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Have to get past you guys at the Cattery??
Or the finals?
I think if we both win our next two games you guys will nail us in round 6. If we win it's shaping up a little like 2007 where you won your first 6 but we got you in round 7 and captured the flag obviously. I feel you will beat us this time around. If we win we'll undoubtedly be Premiership favourites with the bookies but I'm not so sure. It's still early on and we have a good record at home, and against you guys who haven't beaten us there since 2006.

Premierships aren't won in April. I still fancy you guys above us AT the end of the season when it matters, and where it matters. At the MCG.

frenchconnection

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
Wembley downs
AFL Club
West Coast
I think if we both win our next two games you guys will nail us in round 6. If we win it's shaping up a little like 2007 where you won your first 6 but we got you in round 7 and captured the flag obviously. I feel you will beat us this time around. If we win we'll undoubtedly be Premiership favourites with the bookies but I'm not so sure. It's still early on and we have a good record at home, and against you guys who haven't beaten us there since 2006.

Premierships aren't won in April. I still fancy you guys above us AT the end of the season when it matters, and where it matters. At the MCG.
Squiggle has Geelong finishing 1st & WCE 2nd at seasons end - make of that what you will?
Can remember that match back in 2006 when you were 54 points up halfway through the 3rd, then we turned it on and ended up the winner - can't remember now by how much. I couldn't believe it at games end😊
It's always difficult for opposing teams to win at Geelong although in recent times Freo did it back in 2013 and Adelaide in 2017. I'm sure there have been others but it doesn't happen too often, so it will be a difficult task. I have pencilled this in for a loss for us but obviously hope I'm wrong🤔??

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast

A fair reply, and always a tough gig at the Cattery.
I had the Pies as a loss and the Cats as a win, maybe back to front?
Yes, only round 3 and a long way to go, injuries etc...it's easy to say we'll have NN and Rioli back later, but we don't know who we'll lose along the way?
Looking at Richmond and Melbourne, the wheels can come off the bus at any time?
As the cliche goes, one week at a time...

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Good chat guys. Love it. Will respond in depth soon but for now more important matters. Watching footy:)

P.S French connection you won by 3 back in 2006. 16.5 to 15.8. Hunter and Kerr kicking some beautiful clutch goals at the death.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Squiggle has Geelong finishing 1st & WCE 2nd at seasons end - make of that what you will?
Can remember that match back in 2006 when you were 54 points up halfway through the 3rd, then we turned it on and ended up the winner - can't remember now by how much. I couldn't believe it at games end😊
It's always difficult for opposing teams to win at Geelong although in recent times Freo did it back in 2013 and Adelaide in 2017. I'm sure there have been others but it doesn't happen too often, so it will be a difficult task. I have pencilled this in for a loss for us but obviously hope I'm wrong🤔??
We actually beat the Crows in 2017 at home. Yep dockers beat us in the final back in 2013, and the Swans have also got us in 2011, last year, and even in 2017 I think. You were probably getting mixed up with that one.

It's a game that if form holds true we will start favourites in and perhaps one that you could drop, but one in which you could also easily lose. Like many I had pencilled the Pies in for a win last night. You guys passed that test with ease.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
Just watched the highlights. Reminded how much we've missed J.Cripps. Great positioning and silky finishing.

Also, is it just me or the amount of 50m penalties being paid this year is a joke? Unbelievably soft these days.

We benefitted from a couple - the ball throwback to the wrong person for the Cripps free for taking the legs, and then the 2-second hold on Liam Ryan after his mark.
The Cripps 50 was fair enough, the one Ryan got was ridiculous.

Macpotata

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 22, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
A fair reply, and always a tough gig at the Cattery.
I had the Pies as a loss and the Cats as a win, maybe back to front?
Yes, only round 3 and a long way to go, injuries etc...it's easy to say we'll have NN and Rioli back later, but we don't know who we'll lose along the way?
Looking at Richmond and Melbourne, the wheels can come off the bus at any time?
As the cliche goes, one week at a time...
I tipped the Pies too. As mentioned there's no reason why you can't beat us, and vice versa. We haven't played you that many times at Kardinia since that 2006 encounter. At least when you've been in good form, or had a good season, which was only in 2007 and 2016. Even then the seasons you had weren't great, but we know why in 2007. I've said it countless times and will say it again. If You had a fit side against Port in 2007 Qualifier, you win for sure. Even just one of Cousins or a fit Judd. Kerr missed the game against the Pies the next week too, you had all 3 of your midfield magic missing.

In 2016 we roasted you but you guys were very poor that year, especially early on. When I say poor I mean for a side that was expected to do well on the back of a Grand Final birth the year before. You went on that awesome 3 match win run to finish the year and make the finals even ruining Adelaide'stop 4 aspirations playing in Adelaide ( lol ) but got trounced on your home deck first week of the finals to the Doggies. The Eagles had the best form and most momentum going into the 2016 finals but that momentum came unstuck with the bye imo. I'm not putting the Doggies Premiership down to that because I think it's bullshit. But that game at least may have been different in some way I believe if not for the lengthy lay off going into the finals. As I said, momentum killer. Now I've gone off track:)

Look who knows. You couldn't beat Sydney in Sydney last year, so what. You won the flag. We all know it's what you do on the day that matters. Plus for example you may not have to play a team you have trouble with as someone else can knock them out. That is another in depth discussion:)

We could fall to the Bombers again before we play you. A side who has knocked us off over the years, and last year when we were expected to win and they were languishing. We have GWS this week, a side who is yet to beat us at Kardinia. You guys were impressive smashing them last week, that's when I knew all was well in the Eagles camp. I don't expect Freo or Port to get within ear shot of you in the next fortnight.

lol.

Feb 5, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast (AFLW)
I tipped the Pies too. As mentioned there's no reason why you can't beat us, and vice versa. We haven't played you that many times at Kardinia since that 2006 encounter. At least when you've been in good form, or had a good season, which was only in 2007 and 2016. Even then the seasons you had weren't great, but we know why in 2007. I've said it countless times and will say it again. If You had a fit side against Port in 2007 Qualifier, you win for sure. Even just one of Cousins or a fit Judd. Kerr missed the game against the Pies the next week too, you had all 3 of your midfield magic missing.

In 2016 we roasted you but you guys were very poor that year, especially early on. When I say poor I mean for a side that was expected to do well on the back of a Grand Final birth the year before. You went on that awesome 3 match win run to finish the year and make the finals even ruining Adelaide'stop 4 aspirations playing in Adelaide ( lol ) but got trounced on your home deck first week of the finals to the Doggies. The Eagles had the best form and most momentum going into the 2016 finals but that momentum came unstuck with the bye imo. I'm not putting the Doggies Premiership down to that because I think it's bullshit. But that game at least may have been different in some way I believe if not for the lengthy lay off going into the finals. As I said, momentum killer. Now I've gone off track:)

Look who knows. You couldn't beat Sydney in Sydney last year, so what. You won the flag. We all know it's what you do on the day that matters. Plus for example you may not have to play a team you have trouble with as someone else can knock them out. That is another in depth discussion:)

We could fall to the Bombers again before we play you. A side who has knocked us off over the years, and last year when we were expected to win and they were languishing. We have GWS this week, a side who is yet to beat us at Kardinia. You guys were impressive smashing them last week, that's when I knew all was well in the Eagles camp. I don't expect Freo or Port to get within ear shot of you in the next fortnight.

lol.

This was you wasn't it? 15th of Feb. Went too early :D

West Coast will get torched. Book mark it. This will be one of many warnings the Black and White's dish out to their opponents in season 2019.

Back