Autopsy Rd 3 Insipid Loss to Carlton (Be Civil)

I used up most of my anger during the match. Now I am just apathetic about today.

I want to say I hope JLo learns his lesson about team selection but after the same bullshit with the Melbourne game, I don't think he will.

FD2646

Premiership Player
Sep 11, 2008
Everywhere, anywhere
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth
Weak, pathetic, embarrassing - that is all. Hopefully JLo finally learns his lesson - pick genuine forwards not part timers! Further, time to get tough on non- performers. For example, I am an Acres fan, but he needs to be sent back to earn his spot at peel over a 4 week period....and he is not the only one.

Please let me know.

Was that the worst umpiring you've ever seen?

29-19 frees for Carlton

Nothing will top that Bulldogs game where we got 5-6 free kicks for the match despite flogging them and having way more disposals. Then having the AFL come out and say only 1 was missed.

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don’t think I want to watch a replay of this game for my mental health. Did we just bring no effort?

Our midfielders barely got their hands on it by looking at the stats.

And 7 goals to spuddy Mckay is classic Freo. Lolz

ilikepotatoes

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2011
Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Pistons, Glory
Weak, pathetic, embarrassing - that is all. Hopefully JLo finally learns his lesson - pick genuine forwards not part timers! Further, time to get tough on non- performers. For example, I am an Acres fan, but he needs to be sent back to earn his spot at peel over a 4 week period....and he is not the only one.
Doesn't help we cut a bunch of natural forwards from the list and didn't replace them.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
I don't wanna see people blame the umpires for that insipid performance, they missed a few frees but apart from that, umpiring isn't an excuse for such a s**t performance. Cripps is a bit of a w***er huh? Serong and Taberner were the only ones who were backing themselves and standing up when they were getting s**t from Blues players.

Drop Acres and play him down at Peel until he learns how to play football, awful player from top to bottom. Also where's the intensity? Why don't our players back each other up when we're getting pummelled by the opposition? Do we just not give a s**t?

Apr 8, 2008
PollieCentral
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham/76rsPhilsNovaDrexel/Atalanta
Do I have to be civil?
I always liked mechanical and electrical better.
And aeronautical was best of all.

As for the analysis of the game:
Last week's drive and enthusiasm and positivity was replaced by a mob of timid field mice who were scared of the Easter bunny's shadow.
And our coaches made David Teague look like the second coming of Chuck Norris.

But at least it is a long weekend so I can drown the memories in chocolate and eggnog.

May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
just when you thought we were a few classy forwards away from being a quality team you realise our midfield has the depth of a puddle and our defence isn't that crash hot either.

Negatives I’m sure everyone will cover comprehensively but for me
A) Cox is not capable of playing on the monster forwards, we need one of Hamling or preferably Pearce fit.
B) Arrogant selection committee, Darcy is a part time goal square FF and thinking he could be anything other than a part time option was delusional and nauseating.
C) “Supporters” who turn up only to validate their own opinions are the worst.
D) Effort is absolutely everything this year, if you are 5% off a team going 100%, you will get belted.

Positives
A) Would have 3 Switta’s in the team of I could
B) Chapman had a great game the longer it went
C) Freddy’s will be a player, still bites off too much but wait till he has 60 games under the belt

Back