Preview Rd 3 Sydney v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still dont see the melts and bathwater other than you saying its happening...

every flag side is different, bulldogs had less experience than our side on the weekend, who really cares.

richmond didnt just roll out the same side year to year, they chopped a few and then grabbed caddy prestia nankervis etc, so sitting back getting 2-3 seasons isnt following the model you use for the age comparison anyway

Every flag side is actually not different. As I posted the other day, the last ten premiers have had an average games played of 125.5. Richmond's last year was 125.6. They were bang-on the average. Whether you believe it or not, there clearly is such thing as a premiership window. We are not in it right now. Doesn't mean we won't be.

But Richmond sure as hell didn't hit the panic button and throw the list out because it wasn't working, otherwise any one of Edwards, "soft captain" Cotchin, Vlastuin, Grimes, Houli, Astbury etc might have been casualties.

There are a handful of guys on our list who aren't blowing us away right now but who it will click for at some point. The team as a whole may just click. Form is contagious, and not many of ours have it at the moment.

We have a short preparation for the next two games. We fly out Friday afternoon on the same plane as GWS, then our next game is against Bulldogs on Thursday. So I can't see us making many changes. (We have a ten day break between the Bulldogs and Melbourne games. So I think any big lineup or strategy change would happen then.)

I would keep it simple. Focus on contested ball and forward half pressure. With our small quick forward line, we need to be able to lock the ball in and score off turnovers. North are in good form. But it could be a close grinding game.

I would be happy to have no changes. But I would consider Ronke as a small pressure forward. Also think Clarke could play a role as a running tackling defensive mid. He may have been able to run with players like Shiel and Merritt.

i still dont see the melts and bathwater other than you saying its happening...

every flag side is different, bulldogs had less experience than our side on the weekend, who really cares.

richmond didnt just roll out the same side year to year, they chopped a few and then grabbed caddy prestia nankervis etc, so sitting back getting 2-3 seasons isnt following the model you use for the age comparison anyway
Richmond also got a new coach.

There is no comparison to Hardwick MK1 Vs Hardwick MK2, total polar opposites. May as well be a different bloke.

People forget that for some reason.

Don't see the point in playing Sinclair. Do the old Sandilands negation and just get a mid to not compete and then shark the hitout.

That might just be my anti-ruck bias speaking. Unless you have an elite ruckman they aren't worth having in the team over another skilled or speedy player.

We haven't made finals since Dean Towers was delisted. COINCIDENCE!!?!?!

swansfan51 will disagree with me, but I believe there is merit in keeping some 'below average' players if they offer utility in areas where you have little to no depth, and I think it's better to have a 4/10 player in position X then moving a 7/10 player from position Y. You're just weakening 2 positions instead of 1.

swansfan51 will disagree with me, but I believe there is merit in keeping some 'below average' players if they offer utility in areas where you have little to no depth, and I think it's better to have a 4/10 player in position X then moving a 7/10 player from position Y. You're just weakening 2 positions instead of 1.
That’s why Sydney have retained Reid

Our Ressies played GWS on the weekend.
Anyone see the match?
yes, I did. Swans lost 10 goals to 4. The game was actually much closer, GWS slammed through about 4 very quick goals at one point. Swans won the first quarter 3 goals to 1. After that it was a bit of a grind. Huge standout was barry o'connor. powerful body, fast and good skills. I was impressed at his attacking game and run. McLean was strong in the air and around the ground, but a bit weak in the ruck. I thought some of our new recruits were a bit disappointing. Especially Gould who looked a bit slow and also frustrated. Stevens was ok but not mindblowing. He missed a sitter goal from 10m out! Chad Warner was in the mids all day but the game looked a bit quick for him. Ling was ok, made a few errors but presented well. Zac Foote competed well but his footskills let him down a bit. Clarke played mids all game and was clean and composed. He was the swans best midfielder. Ronke kicked a couple and is probably the nod to go in to the senior team for Gray. Bell worked hard in the midfield.

Overall plenty to work on, however not a bad effort given how strong GWS is with players like Green and Hately itching to go to seniors.

Best players; McLean, Clarke, O'Connor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how many players on each side? 14?

Ive heard big raps for OConnor.. very much hope the list size doesn't decrease to the point that we can't afford to keep him.
Any thoughts on Elijah Taylors performance?

Gould seems to be a play to the standard they are in player.

Absolutely nothing to back that but just the vibe.
I saw a bit of him from U15 to U18 and he liked to throw his weight around a bit and act the tough guy. Given Ralphy’s comment about him looking a bit frustrated maybe he needs to modify his style a bit as that might only get him so far now.

how many players on each side? 14?

Ive heard big raps for OConnor.. very much hope the list size doesn't decrease to the point that we can't afford to keep him.
Any thoughts on Elijah Taylors performance?

He is taller than he looks. Silky skills at pace. Very much an outside speed player. He looks very promising if he can knuckle down and adjust to the AFL rigours.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I’m not about throwing in the towel....but ....

- the Heeney/Parker combo is up against a settled backline - and Tarrant is no mug. We’ll need Blakey to keep Tarrant fully occupied.....or leave him one out.
- Sinclair has his hands full with Goldstein...who will probably give him a bath.
- The Norf mids are tough nuts...easily as physical as Kennedy, Parker and Florent,
- McCartin annoyingly disappears to the shops after the first quarter., ...this kid has to wake up and go for it.......so Alir will get no chop out at CHB..
- I think Rampe has Brown....but only if we can keep it a contest.

We’ll lose it at the ball ups....and kick outs...because we have no real marking targets except Sincs..in and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back