Women's Footy Rd 3 v Adelaide in Adelaide

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
What do they need to do to bring the teams closer together?

It seems most games are one sided. (I think today the scores flattered us, so this is not directly talking about today's game and more the season in general. )

It seems most games are one sided. (I think today the scores flattered us, so this is not directly talking about today's game and more the season in general. )
If you were making an argument that the talent is a bit thin then you'd start by suggesting that the teams in football states with the least sharing of players would have the best performance records.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
There is a serious resemblance between the Richmond (menā€™s) and our AFLW team play. Fast fast fast, flip the ball around. Aggressive around the contest. Really quite amazing.

Yup - I said it another thread. We are playing a slightly less skilful version of the Tigers game plan. Tough, quick and a fairly simple philosophy of get ball and go forward quickly. Adding a fit Sharp to the frontline just gives us another weapon.

That was a game of finals footy, where every one-percenter counted. Hope we can sustain it for the season, because the only reason we didnā€™t make the GF in 2019 was running out of steam.

I dread to think what we would do to a Geelong, Tigers or Suns on a dry day if we face them soon.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon

Give it time, we're already seeing more players coming in with a number of years experience. Although Covid is making everything hard the participation rates are increasing really well and its not just the numbers its the improving quality of the junior leagues. 10 years isn't long to wait and hopefully within that time the majority of players being drafted will have grown up playing competitive football.

Back