Oct 31, 2015
Chicago
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Green Bay Packers Milwaukee Brewers
Crows 1.7.13
Freo 7.1.43

Statement game. Our girls played harder. More pressure. More desire.

Sharp and Haynes added a great spark. Our HB were the stars imo. Every time crows cleared it they intercepted it and pumped it back in. Ebony Antonio and Bowers was BOG.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 1, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fulham, 76ers, Cubs, Bills
Great great win!

Only downsides were some diabolical umpiring, and the over-focus on Houghton at times.
No need to do that as she will get plenty of attention but can be a great decoy and she will get hers when the contest opens up (eg. early 4th quarter).

The lid is off!

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos
No Randall, no Crows. You do know that, right? If only Randall played, they woulda won it by miles... 😆

I think Randall and Phillips are equivalent to Bowers and Houghton - so it clearly affects them. Would we be diminished if we lost Bowers, absolutely, but we still have the Antonio’s, Duffy, Cuthbertson (who is close to our most important player), Cain and Miller. Our biggest strength is our depth behind a couple of Top 10 in the league players.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
We really might be something here. Thrashed Adelaide. NM lost this round, so the two opposing sides most talked up have now lost.
Don’t forget Carlton’s 1-2 start. Carlton and North were the ‘teams to beat’, even more so than Adelaide. We had to ‘prove ourselves’ away from home to be considered in that rarefied air.
We’ve won 4 of the last 6 away from home. I’m sure most clubs would take 67% wins away.

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
I think Randall and Phillips are equivalent to Bowers and Houghton - so it clearly affects them. Would we be diminished if we lost Bowers, absolutely, but we still have the Antonio’s, Duffy, Cuthbertson (who is close to our most important player), Cain and Miller. Our biggest strength is our depth behind a couple of Top 10 in the league players.
I agree - Randall is huge for them. But other than Considine, who were they missing? It was a tongue-in-cheek reply to FBF’s ‘injury decimated crows’ headline.
Randall is a superstar, but I’d also say that Marinoff, Hatchard, Rajčić, Ponter, and a few others whose names don’t occupy a huge amount of space in my head, are pretty handy players after Phillips and Randall. Their depth isn’t shabby. But I also see your point.
Oh yeah - and Cuthbo is also huge for us. She’s a rock.

Last edited:

ImperialPurple

May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Reckon Hayley enjoyed the win 😂

DE2918B9-4D48-460C-95D9-3E84921E16A3.jpeg

Dec 6, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Reckon Hayley enjoyed the win 😂

View attachment 1057838
It has just occurred to me that all our debutants from last year have never lost a game of AFLW!
Round 1 2020 debutants - Ruck Mim Strom, forwards Roxy Roux and Kate Flood, midfielders Jasmin Stewart, Bianca Webb and Lindal Rohde and key defender Janelle Cuthbertson.
plus some new ones this year - Verrier and Hyde.

Sep 11, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man Utd
Give it time, we're already seeing more players coming in with a number of years experience. Although Covid is making everything hard the participation rates are increasing really well and its not just the numbers its the improving quality of the junior leagues. 10 years isn't long to wait and hopefully within that time the majority of players being drafted will have grown up playing competitive football.
I really thought this year we would see the gap close, but it is getting larger.

Maybe the cash difference between top and bottom players is not enough to get players to move.

Not complaining this year , but it would be good for comp to make the teams closer.

Feb 11, 2011
pakenham
AFL Club
Fremantle
It has just occurred to me that all our debutants from last year have never lost a game of AFLW!
Round 1 2020 debutants - Ruck Mim Strom, forwards Roxy Roux and Kate Flood, midfielders Jasmin Stewart, Bianca Webb and Lindal Rohde and key defender Janelle Cuthbertson.
plus some new ones this year - Verrier and Hyde.
O'Driscoll draft 2020 and played 2021 as well.

Garstone played 1 game and delisted. She's 100%.

Future looks great.

Last edited:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I worked all day, just watched the replay and haven't read the thread so sorry if repeating what's been said
Cuthbertson is continuing her great season
Antonio E and Bowers great, the stats belie Antonio's influence
The last quarter was a bit of a letdown but the game was in the bag
Great win

GoldSoundz

Debutant
Mar 21, 2007
Heidelberg West
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Great win Dockers. Just watched the replay - tough finals like contest, and your game plan is built for finals. Load up on the $4 for the flag - ridiculous odds. I’ve got you even money.
Im not writing off my Roos, but I’m not convinced we can play 4 quarters of pressure footy like you obviously can.
Good luck for the rest of the year.

Back