Rd 3 v GWS advice for seating options???

Remove this Banner Ad

amc11

Team Captain
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
As I live interstate I have a Digital membership so no live attended matches included however this year I will be in Sydney for our Round 3 clash with GWS and I'm planning on heading to the game.

I've never been to the Showground Stadium so hoping to get some advice re seating options from anyone who has been to a game there before:
General Admission or Reserved Seating ?
Which section has the best viewing?
Just in case - which section is undercover?

Thanks.

As I live interstate I have a Digital membership so no live attended matches included however this year I will be in Sydney for our Round 3 clash with GWS and I'm planning on heading to the game.

I've never been to the Showground Stadium so hoping to get some advice re seating options from anyone who has been to a game there before:

Thanks.

I don't know it well enough to be specific.

But it's a really nice stadium. Big enough to have an atmosphere (if the crowd turns up) but small enough that you have a good view from anywhere. I go up with the Capital Tigers (Canberra supporters group) and it's a really nice stadium to watch footy at. I'm just sick of us losing at the death to bad umpiring and stupid mistakes. .

Pick wherever you enjoy watching the game and you'll be fine.

I don't know it well enough to be specific.

But it's a really nice stadium. Big enough to have an atmosphere (if the crowd turns up) but small enough that you have a good view from anywhere. I go up with the Capital Tigers (Canberra supporters group) and it's a really nice stadium to watch footy at. I'm just sick of us losing at the death to bad umpiring and stupid mistakes. .

Pick wherever you enjoy watching the game and you'll be fine.

Are you going to the Sydney tigers pre game function?

Are you going to the Sydney tigers pre game function?

We usually do when we go.

Leave early and get home late, have a drink or 2 and listen to Benny and Balmey pre-game. Talk about the mighty tigers.

If you're going to be there we should try to catch up.

i went to the last GWS function and bid on the 1980 premiership framed collage taht was signed by all the players, got it for $1200 if i remember right. The only bloke I was bidding against was from the Canberra tiger supporter mob, that wasn't you was it

i went to the last GWS function and bid on the 1980 premiership framed collage taht was signed by all the players, got it for $1200 if i remember right. The only bloke I was bidding against was from the Canberra tiger supporter mob, that wasn't you was it

Not me.

I remember that auction. Pretty good $ paid. Made Flea pretty happy. :cool:

See you at the pre-game - I hope.

sat in the stadium for the easter show and watched the shetlands n clydesdale judging for a bit

not much help i know but there wouldnt be a bad seat in the joint

But it's a really nice stadium. Big enough to have an atmosphere (if the crowd turns up) but small enough that you have a good view from anywhere.
I was surprised last year by the atmosphere. I got stuck waiting for my coffee I'd ordered (coffee shop is behind one of the stands, and it was a freezing cold night) and heard the crowd cheering so assumed it was GWS scoring, but it ended up being us.

Is a fantastic ground to watch footy at, hopefully we play better this year against them.

Thanks.
I went to the first game we played there, going back a few years. It was wet, not many people there so watched from under cover.

I went to the first game we played there, going back a few years. It was wet, not many people there so watched from under cover.

Thanks tora tora tora. Can you remember which sections are undercover at all?

would've flogged them by 6 goals if george kicked properly last year. the crowd was face palming and cracking up when he got the ball in the second half

6 goals easily. George was hot and cold that night. Hot to get he ball in dangerous positions. Cold, Ice Cold in kicking for goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't drive there because you'll be stuck in traffic for an hour when arriving and leaving

Don't catch the train because the trains will be delayed and on the way out they force everyone through one entrace

Don't catch the bus - see don't drive

despite sydney transport issues, it's an awesome venue

Remove this Banner Ad

Back