Autopsy Rd 3 vs Swans. 19 point loss

Whose game did you like today?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

That's a bit harshly stated. I would have put it as "one trick pony"; which I guess is also harsh. Levi has a great ability to find the approach route to get a clear run at a pack mark, and the hands to make it happen, and is a serviceable second ruck. Don't think he is ever going to add to that skill set.

Love the bloke's endeavor though. Hits it hard every time - and I remember early in his career he came into the side mid season after an extended injury lay off and ended up having to ruck 3&1/2 quarters on his own. Best example of gut running I have ever seen.

Don't agree with him playing high on the flank though. He's going to be exposed to a lot more one on ones, and when he doesn't take the mark the opposition is getting pretty much uncontested ground ball on or around the 50. Goal coming up.

Much love from me for Levi - always liked him like I've always liked and appreciated the grunt work of players like Robinson, Bell and Armfield for us - never going to be superstars but always competitive and gave 100%.

He did all the heavy lifting in the forward line - when there was no forward line and got bagged for not being a 6 man forward line. A bit short and lacking the leap of a first ruck and lacking the leg speed for general forward duties- but one of the best contested pack marks I've seen in 20 years. Agree my point re playing off a flank was his kicking is actually more accurate from further out and he can take on a get out of goal mark from opposition on the rebound...just a yard or three in speed and endurance short of being a starting player.

One thing I liked from this game is that there were three or four goals worthy of the highlight reel (McGovern, Murph, and Curnow)

In my opinion/recollection, this hasnt happened since we had Garlett and Betts in the team

To me it says the players have been given a license to take a chance.

I can just imagine the coaching panel... take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance take a chance.. that's all I ask of you

View attachment 651012
If for nothing else, this gets a 'like' for having Agnetha in your post.

My sentiments exactly although you articulated it in a calm, rational, adult style manner whilst I had a child like tantrum.
I get them out of my system before I post on BF. I'm as vocal as anyone 'in the moment', but if you take a bit of time to analyse our overall performance, those moments in which the dummy has been spat aren't as bad as they seemed at the time & you can see some positive signs which point to a light at the end of the tunnel.

I get them out of my system before I post on BF. I'm as vocal as anyone 'in the moment', but if you take a bit of time to analyse our overall performance, those moments in which the dummy has been spat aren't as bad as they seemed at the time & you can see some positive signs which point to a light at the end of the tunnel.
I see the light I just knew before that game even started that the only way we were going to lose was due to experience. We played right into their hands. We had them for talent and its just a matter of time for us but things can turn very quickly for is with a win and the season and we could be in it. Thats how much I feel we are at the tipping point. The weight comes off the shoulders and the longer we go into the season without one the harder it becomes. 1-2 you are still in the season. 0-4 and you feel like the carrot that is finals is gone. We need to be shooting for that no matter how unrealistic that may seem for a side who finished last. Kennedy and Kreuzer back in the side and hopefully some tougher bodies allow us to chop in more and get the job done. You feel we are going in too small/young hoping on Dow, Walsh, Setterfield and SPS to get it done in the middle. Rated Phillips he was actually really good but Kreuzers wise head is required. Oh ok is my hour up? That went quickly. See you next week Doc!

Yes but can you spit it down the corridor ???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back