Autopsy Rd 4 Blues annihilated by 86 points

Remove this Banner Ad

I want our senior players to consistently run hard both ways and set the standard for effort our younger players, which to date hasn't been taking place.
Many of our players seem to give up as soon as the ball leaves their immediate vicinity and this definitely needs to be improved on.

SO you want players to run constantly for 120 minutes chasing the ball around like its under 12s?

It is very easy for people to see a player not sprinting in chase after a player escaping with the ball but 9 times out of 10 they aren't seeing that the supposedly lazy player had already worked his ar$e off to get to the initial contest in the first place and is spent. Also there isn't a heap of point chasing for the sake of chasing - you work smarter not harder.

In Murphy's last game he had 29 touches, 9 marks, 8 tackles, 7 inside 50's 3 clearances, 503 metres gained & 5 score involvements - I don't think he managed to do that being lazy.

Cripps stats are pretty close to his career best 2016 - I think you are being ridiculously harsh.

SO you want players to run constantly for 120 minutes chasing the ball around like its under 12s?

It is very easy for people to see a player not sprinting in chase after a player escaping with the ball but 9 times out of 10 they aren't seeing that the supposedly lazy player had already worked his ar$e off to get to the initial contest in the first place and is spent. Also there isn't a heap of point chasing for the sake of chasing - you work smarter not harder.

In Murphy's last game he had 29 touches, 9 marks, 8 tackles, 7 inside 50's 3 clearances, 503 metres gained & 5 score involvements - I don't think he managed to do that being lazy.

Cripps stats are pretty close to his career best 2016 - I think you are being ridiculously harsh.
No, I just want to see our leaders make an effort when the opposition is a matter of metres away.
Murphs last game prior to injury was one of his better games with regard to intent, all I'm saying is that there needs to more of this.
It's up to our leaders to set the tone for our abundance of talented youngsters, anyone can run forward, not everyone can/is willing to crack in and make a stand when things are not going their way.
None of the above is harsh, it is the baseline for performance for leaders of this footy club.
That said, you're entitled to disagree with my viewpoint.

That is unfair on both Cripps and Murphy. They are trying their best but are being nullified by stronger midfields. You can't place the whole blame on these 2 it's not correct. Imagine if both missed this week! Record score inbound.
I referenced Crippa and Murph as they were those mentioned (along with Doc) in the initial post that i had replied to.
I went on to mention in the post that you've quoted that the effort of the group needs to be dictated by the senior members of the playing group, it's why clubs have leadership groups afterall.

I referenced Crippa and Murph as they were those mentioned (along with Doc) in the initial post that i had replied to.
I went on to mention in the post that you've quoted that the effort of the group needs to be dictated by the senior members of the playing group, it's why clubs have leadership groups afterall.
Mate we are bereft of experience and inside grunt and the two you mentioned are trying there guts out. No more from me

Say what!
I'd actually agree. He's getting shittier and shittier the longer he's working as a lone hand; the opposition are getting away with rather a lot against him by way of blocking, scragging, cheeky little jumper grabs and punches and elbows.

It's clearly getting to him. He needs to get determined, not angry, and he needs to use it all as fuel to go harder. All the better if the bloke gets in the way, as you can hurt him legally then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone bag Cripps, I'll personally fight you

Here you go. I’ll back you up T2B :p

I'd actually agree. He's getting shittier and shittier the longer he's working as a lone hand; the opposition are getting away with rather a lot against him by way of blocking, scragging, cheeky little jumper grabs and punches and elbows.

It's clearly getting to him. He needs to get determined, not angry, and he needs to use it all as fuel to go harder. All the better if the bloke gets in the way, as you can hurt him legally then.

So you're happy with his defensive efforts?

FDF412D9-2039-4D43-A94B-C9AF4B599DF5.jpeg

Is he allowed to put this down first?

On the list of s**t that has to be adressed with this team, Cripps’s defensive output sits at number 109476943 in order of things we need to get around to looking at.

When we get to that point you don’t want the engineer to be digging the holes.

Jeez Gethel. Cripps is carrying us on his shoulders like Judd before him. If any guy deserves a pass it is him. I personally like the aggression. If he accepted the hard tag and got on with the game and ultimately had little effect on the outcome of the game, someone similar to you (but not you) will say Cripps needs to show some mongrel to show he cares when tagged out of a game. Can't win.

Of all our problems, leave this one guy out of it due to the load he is carrying.

I say abstain Gethel!

I would describe Bolton's strategy to not play Kerridge as intransigent idiocy. Please feel free to join the dots between playing Kerridge and relieving the load on Cripps

I want Kerridge to play but Kerridge is not a good decision maker or disposer of the ball. Agree he could lighten the load on Crippa.

Can get the ball better than the kids if we are all honest. And would do better disposal wise than Dow.

Without doubt if Kerridge plays 4 games then we like him in one game, groan ourselves to death in another, and go where is he in the other two. The next effect is we're screwed.

I want Kerridge to play but Kerridge is not a good decision maker or disposer of the ball. Agree he could lighten the load on Crippa.

Can get the ball better than the kids if we are all honest. And would do better disposal wise than Dow.

Without doubt if Kerridge plays 4 games then we like him in one game, groan ourselves to death in another, and go where is he in the other two. The next effect is we're screwed.

He protects Cripps and a better footballer than lamb or Graham

Jeez Gethel. Cripps is carrying us on his shoulders like Judd before him. If any guy deserves a pass it is him. I personally like the aggression. If he accepted the hard tag and got on with the game and ultimately had little effect on the outcome of the game, someone similar to you (but not you) will say Cripps needs to show some mongrel to show he cares when tagged out of a game. Can't win.

Of all our problems, leave this one guy out of it due to the load he is carrying.

I say abstain Gethel!
Absolutely. Realistically, no-one, not even Judd, could do it all all the time.

I'm aware I'm being hard on him, but his frustration is becoming evident, and as a tagger myself I know what that looks like and how to position myself - in front of an umpire - to reap the dividends. You are VASTLY better off always to get furious, but let it come out when you have to tackle the bloke between you and the ball, or get the ball and let him try to tackle you when you try to go through them.

If he's got the ball, and breaks an opposition player's nose and/or concusses them when they're trying to tackle him - and this almost happened to me once - you'll be a bit loath to continue getting between him and the ball, a little less interested in scragging him off the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back