Autopsy Rd 4 Blues beat Suns but it wasn't pretty

Who did their job in round 4 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess the bright side is in years gone by we play ugly, terrible footy.... We lose by 10 goals.

Tonight we play ugly, terrible footy.... We get the four points.

That's progress, I guess......?
just need to work on some aspects of our game. i can see it clicking soon. just need to work on the polish. injuries are not helping.

Agree
Off a small sample size, Parks seems one of the very few that doesn’t leave you with your heart in your mouth.
Calm and collected, he’s an oddity at Carlton in that he seems to relish physical contact and enjoys his job in defence ...
Parks....Swans Academy developed
Fogarty...Geelong developed
Dow... Carlton undeveloped

this game had a jack bowes 15 seconds left written all over it and we managed to avoid it :thumbsu: shows maturity

Samo seems to be moving better and is starting to resemble the junior that was just about untackleable.
Definitely the best game i have seen him play in a while.

Well I spent four quarters watching and hoping that a game of footy would emerge from the rubble.

I’m nonplussed that the AFL continue to fixture these games in conditions not suitable for skilled footy. Maybe there’s some hope that this is an advantage to the home team which, for most of the game, play that pointless possession footy.

Most of our good players were in the back half of the ground. There were solid performers in and around the ball but nobody took the game to the level we saw against Fremantle. The team carried the likes of McKay, Casboult, Silvagni, Dow, Setterfield and Parks tonight.

I’ll take the win but I’m a bit underwhelmed by what I saw tonight.
Harsh in McKay... the delivery into f50 tonight was atrocious...

A bit concerning we dominate hitouts (21-63), but lose stoppage clearances (39-30).

Pitto should be putting it on a platter for cripps and co with the advantage he had.
He should but he’s not a great tap ruckman particularly at centre bounces, better at stoppages and well once again clearances tonight there are clear signs that it’s an area with clear ongoing deficiencies...

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree
Off a small sample size, Parks seems one of the very few that doesn’t leave you with your heart in your mouth.
Calm and collected, he’s an oddity at Carlton in that he seems to relish physical contact and enjoys his job in defence ...
Yes...but he can't kick as of now

Think SPS is breaking out.

he’s playing with confidence.

he did the things we saw tastes of last week and think has a license to play naturally.

I felt confident when he had the ball - weird feelings I haven’t felt in a long time.
He is physically much stronger....and he knows it. Well done Russell and SPS. His core has improved out of sight.

He will play out the year in the backline and move on ball next year. Absolute GUN.

Just finished watching the game and had a moment where I've just suddenly realised how super weird it is that footballers sing the club song after a win.

Think about it.

That's some weird sh*t.
Would you prefer they sang before or during the game??

Last edited:
The great Con job of 2021.

How H got the kick is espionageshit.
Karma on the umpires. Free kick count at 1/2 time was 15/7 in Suns favour. Most 50/50's went their way. After his fantastic tackle, Jsos assessed the situation perfectly. Harry with his left run around goal was the sealer. Good to put one over the umps and get away with it.

Who voted for Dow would be more to the point as Kennedy halved Dow’s output in 5minutes game time.
Tin man said Teague didn’t rate Kennedy.
I don’t doubt his source but the fact he was the sub things may have changed .
Kennedy is footballer knows where to run is close to one touch strong mark accurate kick if jack doesn’t get up I can see him getting a shot soon
To all those haters that point to his athletic deficiencies don’t bother I’ll look at what he can do and that’s a lot in my estimation

Good tough grinding win..
2 games in a row we've punished a younger team and made them pi$$ really , which is pleasing because we've been on the receiving end of this kind of treatment for 5 years now.... Should have won by more but seriously people if your whinging about a win away and being 2-2 after 4 for the first time in God knows how long then just maybe do something else with your weekends..

Jones bog his marking was the difference in the game when everyone else was fumbling , SPS 2nd , Cripps 3rd.

Go blues.

Back