Autopsy Rd 4 Blues beat Suns but it wasn't pretty

Who did their job in round 4 vs the Suns?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some people are underestimating this win. Sure, it was ugly, but when the game was there to be won we dominated. I want to see us with the necessary mental toughness/mongrel to overrun teams and we did that tonight. For me it’s a big sigh of relief, yeah it wasn’t a great performance, but we shat on them when it mattered and I like that.
Yep, it showed a maturity that probably wasn’t there last year.

You genuine?

Clearly it was just some gentle humour and banter.

Our board is riddled with circular arguments about SPS, Murphy, Development, cheese puns, how much people pay for memberships, and all types of other things...

If you didn't find it "relevant" you could have easily scrolled past and kept going.

I would say your reply is far less relevant.

This is what concerns me re big footy and The Carlton page in general.
I have a certain s**t poster blocked whom posts crap but gets away with it.
yet you have a Poster like Madblue whom post his opinion and gets ridiculed for it.
I don't need to see pictures of an extinct reptile.
My bad I bleed Blue.
play on.

I have two choices when I read a variation of the theme: "I paid for my membership, I deserve". Either I can argue against the position - which I have done before - which serves the purposes of who I'm arguing against as it legitimizes that position.

You don't pay for membership, you donate money via your membership to the club. You can treat your membership as though it comes with strings attached; you can withdraw your donation as suits you, but you have no legal rights towards the club unless you use your rights as a voting member.

So, instead of legitimizing that position - which is an idiotic position to take - I chose to lampoon it.

Whether that disappoints you is not really my concern.

LOL, what?

nowhere on the carlton website , does the word "donation" get a mention, you don't obtain a membership without purchasing one
and there a various levels of memberships and varying cost, all commensurate with privileges and preference.

colloquially, I do agree sometimes, it certainly does feel like a donation to a bottomless charity (especially when malthouse came on board and had to payout rattan)

Winning ugly is a sign of a quality side with depth of character. Tackle and pressure in the 4th especially was fantastic. Kick straight and it's a blowout but, the slippery conditions got us. We displayed the level of physicality that many of us asked for after the first 2 rounds. That doggedness will keep us in games against any opposition.

Port will have some sore bodies next week. Lots of lower limb issues in their game.

This is what concerns me re big footy and The Carlton page in general.
I have a certain sh*t poster blocked whom posts crap but gets away with it.
yet you have a Poster like Madblue whom post his opinion and gets ridiculed for it.
I don't need to see pictures of an extinct reptile.
My bad I bleed Blue.
play on.
Personally I think a little bit of banter helps build a bit of a community on here.

I also think everyone should be able to post their opinions free from ridicule or attack, especially if it goes against the consensus.

I'm not looking for a fight here. Life's too good to be arguing on the internet. As I said before if I see something that doesn't interest me I just scroll on.

Anyway the blues are winners. Hope you had a good weekend.

Personally I think a little bit of banter helps build a bit of a community on here.

I also think everyone should be able to post their opinions free from ridicule or attack, especially if it goes against the consensus.

I'm not looking for a fight here. Life's too good to be arguing on the internet. As I said before if I see something that doesn't interest me I just scroll on.

Anyway the blues are winners. Hope you had a good weekend.

You 2.

it's more than just the 4 touches in half a quarter though, he was up for the fight. Dow wasn't.

They're the same age, but Dow still has the deer in headlights look. Kennedy looks like he's daring opposition players to try to tackle him.
Agreed. Would really like to see him get a run. Not the perfect player, but has some grunt and is a competent utility player. He’s 22nd man for mine

I
Don't think this carries much weight in terms of comparing to Kennedy though. He came on fresh in the last 9ish minutes. Most players were cooked or close to it. Agree Dow and Setters need to get hold of the footy more frequently and use it.

Dow and Setterfield are both pretty good at handballing :thumbsu:

LOL, what?

nowhere on the carlton website , does the word "donation" get a mention, you don't obtain a membership without purchasing one
and there a various levels of memberships and varying cost, all commensurate with privileges and preference.

colloquially, I do agree sometimes, it certainly does feel like a donation to a bottomless charity (especially when malthouse came on board and had to payout rattan)
one buys into an ideal and hope...that is it...no guaranteed product except to watch our team play football.....in that sense its a donation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How are people seeing Cripps as a forward?. Consistently throwing himself forward in the contest looking for frees really frustrates me, he just doesn't look like he wants to compete in the air unless his opponent is much smaller than him.

Has an ugly habit of losing his feet after jumping in a marking contest, staying down and rendering him useless from that point onward.

Needs to learn that you can jump for a mark AND keep your feet.

LOL, what?

Rights that go unexercised are rights that no longer exist.

I object to the notion, 'I pay my money to the club, I deserve...'. If you want to pay for a product there's plenty of ways to do it, but support of a club or a team is not financial, it is passionate.

My issue with Madblue - beyond his dislike of SPS - is that he couched his support in that way. If you follow his conversation with Arr0w in here subsequent to my exchange with him, he's not unreasonable nor is his gripe illegitimate on the face of it. He certainly cares, gives a s**t.

But making a s**t argument in support of a s**t argument is like mixing different types of manure; it smells awful, and you're going to have to clean it up soon.

one buys into an ideal and hope...that is it...no guaranteed product except to watch our team play football.....in that sense its a donation
a donation is made with NO quantifiable return expected.
when I go to the church, I make a donation. From that donation, i expect nothing to return and nothing is promised (except my team winning).

When I purchase a membership, I expect a membership pack as advertised for the season its purchased.
The purchase has no contingency to the outcome of the season, regardless of how you were lured into purchasing it.

a donation is made with NO quantifiable return expected.
when I go to the church, I make a donation. From that donation, i expect nothing to return and nothing is promised (except my team winning).

When I purchase a membership, I expect a membership pack as advertised for the season its purchased.
The purchase has no contingency to the outcome of the season, regardless of how you were lured into purchasing it.
So, it looks like a duck, behaves like a duck, yet it's quacking only a little differently so it isn't a duck?

Damn. Now I want roast duck...

Rights that go unexercised are rights that no longer exist.

I object to the notion, 'I pay my money to the club, I deserve...'. If you want to pay for a product there's plenty of ways to do it, but support of a club or a team is not financial, it is passionate.

My issue with Madblue - beyond his dislike of SPS - is that he couched his support in that way. If you follow his conversation with Arr0w in here subsequent to my exchange with him, he's not unreasonable nor is his gripe illegitimate on the face of it. He certainly cares, gives a sh*t.

But making a sh*t argument in support of a sh*t argument is like mixing different types of manure; it smells awful, and you're going to have to clean it up soon.

not interested in previous arguments, I'm responding to the notion a membership is a donation, which its not.

the "aussie" footy talk has been around for a while, the membership is leverage against the club or a players performance . No one means it and who cares if they do.
Its like when I hear " i could have kicked it better that " I turn around to see a fat middle-aged red neck 10 minutes away from a coronary"
he knows and i know, its BS,
burning a membership is like hitting the TV. Its expensive , its in the heat of the moment, and they're often replaced

not interested in previous arguments, I'm responding to the notion a membership is a donation, which its not.
I got that. Just explaining my 'take'.

the "aussie" footy talk has been around for a while, the membership is leverage against the club or a players performance . No one means it and who cares if they do.
Its like when I hear " i could have kicked it better that " I turn around to see a fat middle-aged red neck 10 minutes away from a coronary"
he knows and i know, its BS,
burning a membership is like hitting the TV. Its expensive , its in the heat of the moment, and they're often replaced
Yep.

i hope, if and when we make the grand final , your definitions narrow, commensurate with your desire to sit at the top of the line for a ticket.

Good thing we win and Crippa didn’t have his best game

nor Walsh I might add - I thought Dow and Setters had poor nights as well so it’s good to see we can grind one out when 2/3rds of the midfield were well below par.

terrible quality game of footy overall but the slippery conditions wouldn’t have been easy. Bank the points and move on thinking about playing two top for four sides in the next fortnight starting with the power this week

Back