AFLW Rd 4 Geelong vs Carlton @ GMHBA, Sat 24th Feb, 15:45

Remove this Banner Ad

hello Kitty

I don't recall who. But if it was a deliberate set up then it was a great kick and an equally good lead and mark by young Phebe McWilliams. She does look like at leading forward to me.

think Phoebe is 33 Rabbi - young in my eyes, but for a footballer no spring chicken - she apparently led the Giants goalkicking the past two AFLW seasons, too .. Boyd was the one who passed it to her, very much deliberately :)

think Phoebe is 33 Rabbi - young in my eyes, but for a footballer no spring chicken - she apparently led the Giants goalkicking the past two AFLW seasons, too .. Boyd was the one who passed it to her, very much deliberately :)
Phoebe McWilliams is 23

:)

33 and how old is the girl with the tatts at the Pies..near 40?

Probably another example of the shallow talent pool .. as the comp progresses im sure we will mainly see girls in the 20's .. Maybe even ones who have missed the Olympic dream (eg Blitz) swapping to a sport where they can earn a dollar for their effort.

33 and how old is the girl with the tatts at the Pies..near 40?

Probably another example of the shallow talent pool .. as the comp progresses im sure we will mainly see girls in the 20's .. Maybe even ones who have missed the Olympic dream (eg Blitz) swapping to a sport where they can earn a dollar for their effort.

Cecilia McIntosh is the veteran Pie, she actually turns 40 in June!

Winty pointed out late last year that we actually entered the AFLW with the oldest average age in the comp (!!)

Cats over 30 to my memory:

McWilliams
Coventry (injured; ACL)
Trevean (haven't seen her yet)
Hickey
Teague
Clifford
O'Connor

I'm sure there are 2 or 3 others too ...

Cecilia McIntosh is the veteran Pie, she actually turns 40 in June!

Winty pointed out late last year that we actually entered the AFLW with the oldest average age in the comp (!!)

Cats over 30 to my memory:

McWilliams
Coventry (injured; ACL)
Trevean (haven't seen her yet)
Hickey
Teague
Clifford
O'Connor

I'm sure there are 2 or 3 others too ...

My guess is it balances out as we draft more ..give a year or two...

GEELONG could be without two key players against Brisbane this weekend, with Aasta O'Connor offered a two-week suspension for striking and fellow ruck Maddie Boyd in line for a one-week ban for rough conduct.
O'Connor was charged with striking Carlton's Nicola Stevens in the first quarter of their match on Saturday, with the incident assessed as intentional conduct with medium impact to the head.
If she accepts, O'Connor will miss games against the Lions and Dockers.
Boyd was charged with rough conduct against Blue Jessica Hosking, with the clash deemed careless conduct with medium impact to the head.
Carlton's Sarah Hosking can accept a $400 fine with an early plea for making forceful front-on contact against Cat Jordan Ivey in the first quarter. The incident was assessed as careless conduct with low impact to the head.

There was a total of 7 charges laid over the weekend, the only players to be offered suspensions happen to be wearing blue & white hoops, while all others were either fines or reprimands

https://womens.afl/news/16816/two-cats-suspended-as-mro-lays-seven-charges

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There was a total of 7 charges laid over the weekend, the only players to be offered suspensions happen to be wearing blue & white hoops, while all others were either fines or reprimands

https://womens.afl/news/16816/two-cats-suspended-as-mro-lays-seven-charges
I didn't see the Boyd one, or the others from other games... But the O'Connor one is on the money.. She was always in trouble for that

I'm glad that Blues girl that collected Ivey didn't get games either, I said at the time it looked worse live but on replay she didn't actually do anything wrong

I didn't see the Boyd one, or the others from other games... But the O'Connor one is on the money.. She was always in trouble for that

I'm glad that Blues girl that collected Ivey didn't get games either, I said at the time it looked worse live but on replay she didn't actually do anything wrong
The O'Connor one happened nearly in front of me but because I was watching the ball and the players trying to win possession, I didn't see the incident but I did see the Carlton player hit the ground hard.

It was clear something not good happened and I wasn't sure if she was going to get up because she seemed to be on the ground for a while. I gathered O'Connor was somehow involved because the next thing to happen was O'Connor picking herself up off the ground after retaliation from one (or maybe a couple) of Carlton players

:rolleyes: ffs ...

thought there was very little between the Boyd and Hosking incidents, surely either both cop a week or both get a fine/reprimand.

I thought both should have been given the same penalty - either both get a week, or both get a fine. I can't see how you can determine how hard contact is just by looking at the incident on TV.

I thought both should have been given the same penalty - either both get a week, or both get a fine. I can't see how you can determine how hard contact is just by looking at the incident on TV.
Bigger problem is that one was deemed intentional and the other careless

Bigger problem is that one was deemed intentional and the other careless

Was actually O'Connor's which was deemed intentional, which I have no issue with. Both Boyd and Hosking were classed as careless, but Boyd was described as medium impact and Hosking was classed as low impact.

Was actually O'Connor's which was deemed intentional, which I have no issue with. Both Boyd and Hosking were classed as careless, but Boyd was described as medium impact and Hosking was classed as low impact.

And this despite the fact the Tankers are normally so helpful with their medical reports in cases like these...

;)

Oops - I need to read better

Agree with the impact difference - did either hit player leave the ground? I know Ivey got up and took her free kick, what about Hoskins did she get up or fake injury to screw us over?

Can see why they didn't contest.
Aasta's was a no brainer.
Maddie's was a harder hit than the one on Ivy.
The Blues girl wasn't faking.

I'll need to see Maddie's hit again, but on initial viewing I thought it was more of a glancing blow than the one Ivey copped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back