Review Rd 4: Port vs Richmond

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Spoke to an former Sanfl umpire yesterday about the Burton Free.
He said if the umpire didn't signal 'all clear' before the free then it's either a free kick, down the ground or advantage. He kicked a goal so it would be advantage.
Watch the replay and you'll see the umpire see's the push blows 'time off', gives the all clear and then pays another free.
So in other words he made it up?

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Spoke to an former Sanfl umpire yesterday about the Burton Free.
He said if the umpire didn't signal 'all clear' before the free then it's either a free kick, down the ground or advantage. He kicked a goal so it would be advantage.
Watch the replay and you'll see the umpire see's the push blows 'time off', gives the all clear and then pays another free.
I'd just go off the fact I've never seen such blatant bullshit. Unwatchable right now

JUSTWORK

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 25, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just realised Tigers had a ring in captain, first game as such, who dragged his team over the line.
Shame our two captains couldn’t do this.

Sad thing is, isn’t that exactly why we went with co captains ? To win close game ? Win premiership ?

Who’d have though, a weak decision would result in weak results.

PJ Power

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2003
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It’s just so telling that we all could predict the outcome throughout the first half, and definitely all the way through the last quarter, even after Houston’s heroic goal. Every time we scored, Richmond got the next so quickly and they did again after Duursma’s miss. You have to wonder how a midfield that included one of our much hyped rucks, Boak, Rockliff and Drew/Wines allowed a Cotchin and Martin-less midfield to win such crucial centre clearances each time the momentum looked like swinging our way. Similarly, how our forwards weren’t awake to the bombing in from our mids to at least get numbers to the aerial contest.
Most supporters could see these things at the ground, yet nothing was done to change things during an extremely repetitive last quarter. We did or failed to do the same things over and over, and have done so in identical fashion at least a dozen times before in the past two years alone.

How isn’t somebody changing this????

Jul 7, 2007
Ziggurat City
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
LUFC, Patriots
Sad thing is, isn’t that exactly why we went with co captains ? To win close game ? Win premiership ?

Who’d have though, a weak decision would result in weak results.

It’s almost as if being co-captains leaves each with a nagging feeling in their subconscious that they weren’t good enough to be captain in their own right and this translates into decreased confidence on the field to lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handyandy

Club Legend
Nov 16, 2005
Jinhua, Zhejiang, China
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
PORT ADELAIDE
The big thing that stood out for me was forward structure/ delivery, the predictability of the ending and how I don't really care anymore. Brain fades from jonas early & dbj costly. So many defensive intercept marks it was actually comical. If rozzee was on that richmond guy who took a bag fall of marks in defence then hit rozzee up. Our mids are as dumb as s**t sometimes. Pick a chf Marshall and go with him, we look so much better with him. It's schoolboy stuff. Piss wines off, too many slow big bodied mids as is.
Tactically coaches are stupid too, apparently made few changes, but it was obvious richmond were flooding as we switched, compressing our 50' then catching us over the top on the rebound after the inevitable long bomb is intercepted or running/ hand passing through. Pagans paddock.
Great to see boak back in his spot and playing/ running well.
Despite all the negatives and disappointing performances we had enough chances to win

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Wines has been dreadful for 2 games. Now he may have needed a few games to warm up but couldn't he have done that in the two's. He has thrown off Drew's game as a consequence of returning and not given us half as much as Drew was.

Did i also see Wines barrelling into Ryder's knees at one point? almost a potential disastrous injury.

Should've logged into your Crow account first, love.
Screenshot_20190415-165248_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yep, it’s dead. Like a Mexican wave that has gone around one too many times. Their is a few that try and keep it going but gradually everyone is losing interest.

Seriously? I'm at every home game and most people in the outer are getting up, holding up their scarves and singing along. The passion feels like it has dropped, but saying only a few are trying is completely misrepresenting the situation.

Brown On The Couch re Richmond's win -'we could look back on this win as season defining'.

And there it is. After Bulldogs '16, Richmond '17 and West Coast '18, we might've just inspired another run to the premiership.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Seriously? I'm at every home game and most people in the outer are getting up, holding up their scarves and singing along. The passion feels like it has dropped, but saying only a few are trying is completely misrepresenting the situation.
On the eastern wing scarf waving and ntua are really popular.
On the other hand I am on the wane.

On the eastern wing scarf waving and ntua are really popular.
On the other hand I am on the wane.

Yeah the enthusiasm feels down but with a couple of big wins it could be rocking again. And we have been doing the same pre-match routine for years now. The word routine has a few meanings ;)

But reports of its death are greatly exaggerated ;)

Brown On The Couch re Richmond's win -'we could look back on this win as season defining'.

And there it is. After Bulldogs '16, Richmond '17 and West Coast '18, we might've just inspired another run to the premiership.

Brown said that Jonas was the best defender in the league early in the commentary. I knew that was ridiculous even before his 10 clanger nightmare.

Wines has been dreadful for 2 games. Now he may have needed a few games to warm up but couldn't he have done that in the two's. He has thrown off Drew's game as a consequence of returning and not given us half as much as Drew was.

Did i also see Wines barrelling into Ryder's knees at one point? almost a potential disastrous injury.

I’d like to add like a broken record that the list has no balance for midfield types. Of all the midfielders named on Saturday Boak is probably the most capable of playing the link role but he’s shown over a large sample it’s not his best position. I’d hope we are looking at the much maligned Brandon Ellis as a RFA.

Back