Women's Footy Rd 4 v GCS @ Freo Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem with some Melbourne clubs, they are like Rhino’s, ..... rapidly heading for extinction.
They’ll make some AI rhinos all programmed by the AFL to make sure that it looks like they’re not extinct, when sadly, they probably should be.

(NOT THE RHINOS!! 😢)

Gooch and Seth for Hyde and Webb.
wooow that's harsh, fresh off of Webb's best game to date!
I don't mean to be harsh but I feel like those 2 bring more to the team than Tildi.
With those changes too I'd say Seth is going to be playing mid like she was in the WAWFL last season, so thats exciting!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo is getting very close to full strength (sans Tighe obviously).

I'm still expecting Seth to play as a defender tomorrow. Would mean Sergeant could play in the midfield - which is her natural position and she was great there at the end of 2019, so hoping we get to see her impacting more tomorrow.

Perhaps the best news is McMahon and Williams ok to play WAFLW this weekend along with KJ, Hyde, Webb and MacLachlan. Will not be surprised to see all 6 putting their hands up for selection next week.

I assume this also means Tester is injured. Meaning her and Morrison (excluding Tighe and Mascall) are the only ones on the injury list now.

wooow that's harsh
Yeah, really tough. Struggling to see how anyone could've done much more in the Adelaide game.

Verrier obviously moving back to half forward, with some rotations in the middle maybe? Or maybe Duffy? Pretty sure she had a few stints during the derby...?

I thought Webb played a really solid game on the weekend, and I’m surprised she’s been dropped. I also thought Hyde did some really good, really clever things and showed some terrific resilience, but it doesn’t hurt her to have a rest and play WALFW for a while.
But with two defenders coming in (yay my buddy!), the only one to really push further up the ground is Sergeant. Backs being Cuthbo, Gooch, Stannett, Pugh, Seth and O’Driscoll, and Ebony can play wherever she damn well pleases! So hopefully Sergeant has a better game in the middle than she has been having down back, because she’s been pretty ordinary so far this season.

Or maybe not such a great game because KATIE-JAYNE, baby! Oh yeeeaaah.

Tickets at the gate still a thing? Or do you have to purchase online?
I'd purchase online if I were you. But it does seem you can buy at the gate as they are offering $10 off AFLW memberships.

Our membership staff will be located at the main gates to assist with any membership queries. We’d recommend signing up for a Fremantle Dockers AFLW Membership, use code ‘UNFINISHED’ for $10 off!

Gemma Houghton will produce a five bounce, half-field dash to slot a 35 metre goal today. Mark my words!

Yup. They would have had a home prelim, win that and a home GF. Thievery above and beyond.

[O/T: My (tin foil hat perhaps) theory, is that they went ahead trying to get 3 weeks of finals in because they knew they couldn’t finish, with the only other option being to go straight to a Freo/Northmania GF, which Freo would have had every right to host. Given the utensil-up of Freo being screwed the year before in finals, how could they get around giving Freo the GF at home? Have ‘pretend’ finals with the back-up of having no premier when the season would inevitably have to be abandoned. /conspiracy theory.]

There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that had two Vic teams been leading the conferences they would have jumped straight to holding the GF that weekend.

Gemma Houghton will produce a five bounce, half-field dash to slot a 35 metre goal today. Mark my words!

Although it would be classic Gemma to produce a five bounce run and then hit the post...only to convert a far more difficult chance five minutes later on her way to a 4.3 BOG performanc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back