Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think dropping Doc is a bit knee jerk, he's building back to the player he was, takes time, end of the year I think he gets there. There was so many off last night, think it becomes contagious

i dont think anyone has mentioned his courage when he backed into a pack in front of Dixon in the first . Unfortunately they still goaled, but that was awesome , especially considering who was going to smash him. Would not be surprised if that had something to do with dropping the mark in the goal square early in the second .

Like the piece on sen re positives and negatives from round 5.
Sam, what's in a name

One can hold his head high and makes All blues fans proud. One of the youngest guys at the club possesses all the qualities we need to take the place back to its glory days

The other, though not fully to blame, carries many traits we've come to dislike about our club. High draft pick, potential not realised and not sure if the commitment to football is all there.

Unbelievable that Sammy Walsh has leap frogged all before him. Well done son.
It's not a coincidence that he works the hardest on the track and gets the results.

Like the piece on sen re positives and negatives from round 5.
Sam, what's in a name

One can hold his head high and makes All blues fans proud. One of the youngest guys at the club possesses all the qualities we need to take the place back to its glory days

The other, though not fully to blame, carries many traits we've come to dislike about our club. High draft pick, potential not realised and not sure if the commitment to football is all there.

Unbelievable that Sammy Walsh has leap frogged all before him. Well done son.
It's not a coincidence that he works the hardest on the track and gets the results.
Do you think if Cripps goes, Sam will be named captain 2022?
I’d put a fiddy on it.

We were the leading story on all the footy shows last night.. the hyperbole after a 28 point loss to a genuine premiership contender is completely ridiculous. We are just an easy target.

It was an insipid performance from us.

It felt like 10+ goals, not 28 points. Their own coach admitted they had the won game by the 2nd quarter.

It's not hyperbole.

It felt like 10+ goals, not 28 points. Their own coach admitted they had the won game by the 2nd quarter.

It's not hyperbole.

I guess that means your 'feelings' were at least half wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not hyperbole.

It was a poor and unacceptable performance, however the hyperbole about calling our whole rebuild a complete failure based on this one game cmon... One of them even called for us to drop Ed Curnow and Michael Gibbons.. Did they forget Ed had 35 possessions the week before..

A lot of what they were saying is accurate but I just think it was completely OTT, we are 2-3 and there is a side that is 0-5 and 4 others that are 1-4 yet we lead the footy shows and it is Carlton and Teague under pressure.

It was a poor and unacceptable performance, however the hyperbole about calling our whole rebuild a complete failure based on this one game cmon... One of them even called for us to drop Ed Curnow and Michael Gibbons.. Did they forget Ed had 35 possessions the week before..

A lot of what they were saying is accurate but I just think it was completely OTT, we are 2-3 and there is a side that is 0-5 and 4 others that are 1-4 yet we lead the footy shows and it is Carlton and Teague under pressure.

The dees copped the same treatment last year... Though at least they made a prelim in the years prior

Fair. I didn't watch any of the shows last night. The argument is almost there to be had though. We publicly declared finals intentions and have been severely underwhelming thus far this year.

Hard to do that from Sydney. Easy to watch replays though - quite a an exercise as opposed to pulling hair and gnashing toofs.

Surely you understand that you don't get the full picture on TV. The effort was deplorable, there was zero movement off the ball - it looked like the latest Mick Malthouse days. The crowd was flat, we were never in it and non-competitive. They toyed with us.

We were the leading story on all the footy shows last night.. the hyperbole after a 28 point loss to a genuine premiership contender is completely ridiculous. We are just an easy target.
Biggest audience.

After 20years of crapola we still have the biggest support base (according to AFL data).

We are frustrated, so any media coverage is devoured.

We click links, we see ads. They make money.

Fair. I didn't watch any of the shows last night. The argument is almost there to be had though. We publicly declared finals intentions and have been severely underwhelming thus far this year.

Surely you understand that you don't get the full picture on TV. The effort was deplorable, there was zero movement off the ball - it looked like the latest Mick Malthouse days. The crowd was flat, we were never in it and non-competitive. They toyed with us.

A few things went against us in Q3 and a they kicked a few out of their arses against the run of play is what the difference between the teams was on the day - that and some pretty shyte set shot misses on our part. Hinkley is a w***er if he rally thinks they had teh game in control in Q2.

Judging by Murphys' best dfensive effort I've seen in years - I think the message has finally gone out to a few.

A few things went against us in Q3 and a they kicked a few out of their arses against the run of play is what the difference between the teams was on the day - that and some pretty sh*te set shot misses on our part. Hinkley is a w***er if he rally thinks they had teh game in control in Q2.
No, he's a seasoned AFL coach who could see what was in front him. If they didn't have the game in control we would've put up a better fight.

Judging by Murphys' best dfensive effort I've seen in years - I think the message has finally gone out to a few.

He laid 2 tackles and had 5 turnovers....

No, he's a seasoned AFL coach who could see what was in front him. If they didn't have the game in control we would've put up a better fight.

He laid 2 tackles and had 5 turnovers....

You should watch the game he impacted a lot more than two tackles in fact he went in so hard one of their players had to come off with a done shoulder did you see that? - and everyone does turnovers

if you want the short of it

Georgiades was the difference between the sides - Jones let him off the chain big time. Gray was handy as wel - but he always is. They kicked everythign from everywhere and we kicked not enough from in front.

A few things went against us in Q3 and a they kicked a few out of their arses against the run of play is what the difference between the teams was on the day - that and some pretty sh*te set shot misses on our part. Hinkley is a w***er if he rally thinks they had teh game in control in Q2.

It was very different at the game.
At quarter time, despite gimme misses by Newnes and Cripps, it felt that we were very lucky to only be 5 points down. We were never really in the game.

It wasn't a case of a few things going against us. They're well drilled, they have a good structure and follow it. We meanwhile were appalling. We have no idea where to stand, where and when to spread to, what option to take.

At quarter time, despite gimme misses by Newnes and Cripps, it felt that we were very lucky to only be 5 points down. We were never really in the game.

It wasn't a case of a few things going against us. They're well drilled, they have a good structure and follow it. We meanwhile were appalling. We have no idea where to stand, where and when to spread to, what option to take.
The flat-footedness was driving every one around us insane. Very visible from where we were sitting.

everyone is waiting for a breakout game seeing Carlton beat a top4 side - I get it. Maybe though we have to understand wedo have a few injuries atm.

Back