Autopsy Rd 5 BELTED! Power turns the Blues lights out

Who player well for the Blues vs Port?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been too disappointed to comment on this game.
Was at the game with my son, and you could just tell early on the energy or intensity was not there.
Too many tunovers, bad decisions and no pressure.
Port had way too much space and spread. We made there ball movement look too easy.
Yes we missed many easy shots, but too many of our soldiers were down.
Not a good day for the supporters.
I hope they bounce back strongly against the Lions

How can you trust, when the person you are kicking too does not do everything they can to win the ball.

The trust is letting your teammate fight for the ball while you make yourself dangerous outside of the contest, enabling yourself to play offensively or defensively depending on who gets the ball. Multiple players moving around a ground ball contest within inches is pointless.

I listened to Rodney Eade on RSN and it made me realise something.

There are two issues we have with our contests:

1. We don't work hard enough to get to contests, and

2. When we do work hard enough, we get too many players drawn to the contest whereby we outnumber the opposition (i.e Auskick), but if the opposition get it out, we lose on the outside and if we get it out, we wildly try to clear it and invariably the opposition are better positioned outside the contest.

The point was made that Richmond won't have 6 players in a contest with 3 opposition players. They work hard to get there but they wait in layers around the contest, so they can receive the ball or make the tackle.

We are obviously not smart enough to understand positioning or we have no trust in each other.

This is why our issues can't be all blamed on the players, this is a coaching issue.

The trust is letting your teammate fight for the ball while you make yourself dangerous outside of the contest, enabling yourself to play offensively or defensively depending on who gets the ball. Multiple players moving around a ground ball contest within inches is pointless.

It’s this second person, the one just outside, that doesn’t position them-self in an advantageous way. Ball movement is then stifled and/or rushed.

Hahaha right fella! So if we don't bleat and sulk, want to sack the coach and trade our captain, we are happy and conditioned to mediocrity in your mind?
Right!! Interesting take for sure!

At least we're consistent fella, unlike out football team :winkv1::grinv1:

We as supporters have been making excuses for the club and the players for the last 20 years.. When is it going to stop?

We are becoming two types of supporter groups on here
A Group - Sick of being crap, sick of players with no heart just wanting a pay cheque and sick of the club spin for 20 years ..
Currently two coaches down, 110 games into a 66 game rebuild and no difference. We were a powerhouse club once, now just all hot air and talk..

B Group - Have unwittingly been groomed by the club to accepted the mediocrity (from favourite players and club) and will not accept any criticism

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hahaha right fella! So if we don't bleat and sulk, want to sack the coach and trade our captain, we are happy and conditioned to mediocrity in your mind?
Right!! Interesting take for sure!
On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not at all.
Apologies to you as well, didn't mean to single you out. It was to all forum members.
  • I'm not in the boat of sacking the coach (His Assistants, Yes!),
  • I'm not in the boat of trading Cripps (have always said I'd rather keep him (If he want's to go that's a different story)
The facts are staring at us, our game plan, match committee, player development, effort and pride in the jumper. Are all severely lacking.
If you're content with the path we are taking, still being an inconsistent mediocre side, after 110 games of a 66 game rebuild, than all power to you..

If you can't listen and ponder the points of many supporters/ media/ ex players, that the club needs change to grow, then you are probably are part of B Group

Or three blokes flying for the same ball and it getting over the back to an opponent who stayed down.

Not at all.
Apologies to you as well, didn't mean to single you out. It was to all forum members.
  • I'm not in the boat of sacking the coach (His Assistants, Yes!),
  • I'm not in the boat of trading Cripps (have always said I'd rather keep him (If he want's to go that's a different story)
The facts are staring at us, our game plan, match committee, player development, effort and pride in the jumper. Are all severely lacking.
If you're content with the path we are taking, still being an inconsistent mediocre side, after 110 games of a 66 game rebuild, than all power to you..

If you can't listen and ponder the points of many supporters/ media/ ex players, that the club needs change to grow, then you are probably are part of B Group
Hard to argue with that.

Richmond are a totally different beast when playing in the GF
Port smashed the tigers last year during the HA game but in the prelim at their home we take the chocalates

Will be Happy to back tigers against port at the MCG on the last sat in september
I wont bet you for $500

But happy to do a 1 litre bottle of grey goose or the equivalent of your poison

So let me get this straight 'If Richmond v Port GF ' The bet is on if different no bet ? Or are you taking any team that meets Port if they make the GF

EFA
Best get a wriggle on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have been too disappointed to comment on this game.
Was at the game with my son, and you could just tell early on the energy or intensity was not there.
Too many tunovers, bad decisions and no pressure.
Port had way too much space and spread. We made there ball movement look too easy.
Yes we missed many easy shots, but too many of our soldiers were down.
Not a good day for the supporters.
I hope they bounce back strongly against the Lions

Funnily, I thought our start was pretty good, but went down hill after quarter time

Back