Autopsy Rd 5 Blues go down by 90 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight we were rubbish.

But the club has to keep playing the kids they will only get better.

Funny people says Gibbs doesn't work hard he had the most tackles for the team it wasn't his best game but he was far from our worst.
My issue with Murphs and Gibbsy is they both have the talent to be elite players but they aren't. The team needs a top shelf player!

That is why you don't "play the kids". They just aren't physically conditioned to play an entire game.

I still saw some green shoots though (albeit patchy). Charlie and SPS in particular.

Play the young guys and get belted by 90 points or play the deadwood hacks and get belted by 60 points, what is better for the long term ??

PLAY THE YOUNG GUYS !!!

They will repay us in spades soon enough.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/04/22/bolton-power-thrashing-a-great-lesson-for-our-kids/

Anyone in doubt as to why our players need to experience a few beltings need to read this from the coach :

Carlton coach Brendon Bolton is confident that the club’s 90 point loss to Port Adelaide on Friday night will be a valuable learning experience for the raft of Blues youngsters that took to the field at Adelaide Oval.

Bolton’s decision to rest experienced players Matthew Krezuer and Dale Thomas due to soreness and instead play debutant Cameron Poulson and 30-game ruckman Andrew Phillips was met with shock by both supporters and the media, with the prevailing belief that the Blues would play a more experienced team when outside Victoria to help the young side restrict the potential losing margin.

MOD EDIT: 2 paragraphs max when quoting from an outside source.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand why everyone is negative about the game.Yes we lost by heaps,yes we had a terrible third quarter,yes we looked slow and yes we had a very young side.......A VERY YOUNG side.

We all knew and were told by the club at the beginning of the year that this was going to be a tough year so why do we as supporters lose our minds when we don't get the results.Id rather my club be transparent and tell us what they are trying to achieve rather than have Malthouse paint pretty pictures and false hope.

I'm proud to be a Carlton supporter and will always support them through thick and thin.

Mess ??

For many years now supporters have begged for the club to build a list properly with no shortcuts and no messiahs.

Finally, the club publically embarks on long-term rebuild which is purely designed to create a list capable of winning multiple flags. Halfway through the rebuild we have the same sort of supporters cracking the sads and claiming we are in a mess again.

FFS, it is going to take time to get this right and you will be rewarded if you have the patience.

If you don't have the patience, then go jump on another club's bandwagon but don't come back when we are well and truly in the frame !!!

I'm referring to his hand along with Malthouse, not the Silvagni era. He can wash his hands all he wants, but the blood of that poor recruiting is on his hands.

I don't understand why everyone is negative about the game.Yes we lost by heaps,yes we had a terrible third quarter,yes we looked slow and yes we had a very young side.......A VERY YOUNG side.

We all knew and were told by the club at the beginning of the year that this was going to be a tough year so why do we as supporters lose our minds when we don't get the results.Id rather my club be transparent and tell us what they are trying to achieve rather than have Malthouse paint pretty pictures and false hope.

I'm proud to be a Carlton supporter and will always support them through thick and thin.
who's not supporting them?

Why do the idiots in the media get so excited by a coach doing exactly what he said he would do?

Now, if a coach was to lie to the supporters and board because he didn't think they were mature enough to handle the true state of the list, they would have a reason to tear a bloke down. Hang on ...

Why do the idiots in the media get so excited by a coach doing exactly what he said he would do?

Now, if a coach was to lie to the supporters and board because he didn't think they were mature enough to handle the true state of the list, they would have a reason to tear a bloke down. Hang on ...
Never heard Rucci speak before the presser( read some of his articles) would give Barrett a run for his money as the biggest tool in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard Rucci speak before the presser( read some of his articles) would give Barrett a run for his money as the biggest tool in the media.
Tried to stir Bolton up last night, came across as desperate to be noticed.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is that it happened on a Friday night....

Bolts tried to give the heads up that this could happen, in a round about way in his presser on Thursday...

All the experts predicted a belting, the betting line hot out to 50+ on Friday, from 30+...

Port are a genuinely good side, miles ahead of us...

The bomber game has haunted us for 2 weeks now...

Missed Kruezer around the ball...

Must support the young players with old heads...

We need a forward...

Phillips wasn't ready....was he?

Did ok in the ruck, wasn't ready to play at senior level, did very little around the ground.
Think it helps highlight how important Kruezer is to us, IMO having a strong presence in the ruck is vital for a young developing team, for those that are keen on letting Kruezer go as an FA, at absolute best we would get end of first round compo pick 19-20 and it's more likely that it would be 2nd round compo pick 25-30.
Think he's value to the team would be way more then that.

Exactly. I was wearing my Carlton cap this afternoon and some wag commented "you're pretty ballsy wearing that after last night." to which I replied "You're probably right, I should take it off, but I think I'd rather be the kind of supporter that supports his team at all times, not just when they're winning."

Shut him right up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back