Stocker
Dow
Honey
LOB
Kennedy
JSOS
Marchbank

Etc

Take a deep breath, there’s plenty that can step up in the coming years. A Wines/Cameron/Papley would help too
How long to we hope they pay off? Half that list can't get a run. Feeling very negative about our growth.

Eh everything went against us tonight and we lost by 3 goals. Not worried at all. People who are melting should put things into perspective, we just beat Geelong in Geelong and the druggies by a point. We also basically have a free win next week if COVID allows us to play Sydney.

Need to request a royal commission into umpiring and we need to clean up a few areas but we will be fine. Took us three quarters to start playing with some energy which shouldn’t happen.

I don’t want to be that guy but having Plowman on the field is like starting with a 2 or 3 goal handicap. He didn’t play the worst game tonight but gee he makes some pretty bad howlers consistently at the worst moments.
How long do we hold on and not melt. I have held on for ages and pretty much sick to s*it of it. Maybe 2020 is just a write off?

I just joined this forum the other day ..I'm little disappointed by the type of supporters the club has.. many fickle supporters on here ..who are sore and salty losers ..any in here that actually play any type of sports at a competitive level ..honestly some of you ..today bagging certain players and next week will be praising how good they are .. this is football ..ain't easy to win every week ..it's a tough business ..just appreciate the effort the players put in ..noone goes out to not try
Got your sentiment but, have a look for a while? Supported and membered for 20 years and watched this s*hit.

Last edited:
What I don't get is-

We were horrid for 3+ quarters
The umpiring was bewildering at best (ump #8 needs a spell in the Solomon Islands)
The worst player ever to Captain a League football club kicks 2 (perhaps other than N. Maxwell) a 2nd rate hbf at best.
Jones gifted them 2 goals from brain farts
Our tall forwards were sitting in the stands for the most part - Practicing polite social distancing from the ball
Cas, Crippa, Jack missed easy set shots
They drill 3 that would usually miss

and we only lost by 3 goals
How many of these finishes do we need though?

Watching Marshall has made me wonder how good it would be to blood and develop De Koning. Marshall has become amazing within 12 months of consistent game time.
Same with English. Just let him fun and see what happens. What do we have to lose?

Watching Marshall has made me wonder how good it would be to blood and develop De Koning. Marshall has become amazing within 12 months of consistent game time.

Marshall's 24, Dekinonig is 20, a big difference in terms of when a ruckman is developed. De Koning has plenty of time. Let's not rush in and destroy his prospects long term as we have done with others before.

Bottom 5 clubs dont roll Geelong at home. We are inconsistent atm- but saints supporters complain about the same with their team. I dare say the tigers supporters are complaining about inconsitency too- as are the WCE supporters. Lets accept that we got beaten by a better saints team on the day.
Seems to happen too often though...

Marshall's 24, Dekinonig is 20, a big difference in terms of when a ruckman is developed. De Koning has plenty of time. Let's not rush in and destroy his prospects long term as we have done with others before.
English has been panned, lauded, panned and lauded. Let the kid play...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

English has been panned, lauded, panned and lauded. Let the kid play...

DeKoning will play, when he's actually ready to play and that's the way it should be, there's no great need to rush him right now.

We get a prime time game, and they dished that up. I'm at a loss. 25 ******* years of this sh*t. Ok, maybe 19 years. Same bullshit every year, we are close blah blah we have a talented young list blah blah blah, but here we are bottom for tackles and pressure getting done like a dogs breakfast in front of the whole of australia on a thursday night.

On a different note, I think our coach is a pyschopath, he sits there all night with a blank look on his face, no emotion, nothing. I think I know why we are struggling to be up at the start of games
Not sure if these are the criteria of a quality coach. Would love a better "on field" performance before we blame a stoic coach.

It’s not all doom and gloom, we played horrible and only lost by 3 goals to a probable top 8 team.

Martin was awesome again, would be close to leading the B&F.

Think it’s time we look to start dropping some perennial under performers.

Curnow - Has for some time become the turnover merchant. Just panics constantly chucks it on the boot and turns it over. Swap him for SPS, Setterfield or Martin.

Plowman - Used to like him as a player. He has been useless this year, constantly beaten 1on1, his defensive efforts were atrocious tonight that easy miss punch on the line 😡

McGovern - Has been ordinary since we traded him in. Don’t think his a forward, can’t keep being played as one, doesn’t pressure or tackle. Maybe play as a defender in plowmans spot or swap with SPS

Who ever is coaching our midfield and forward line needs to be replaced at seasons end.
Welcome and, you are no rookie to this stance. Waiting to see when we win despite the circumstances week to week.

I don't understand the constant references to 20 years of whatever. We're all quite aware of our lack of success over recent times but whats achieved by constantly talking about the past however many years? Your options are either to hang tough until things turn around ( and I think the signs are there that we are on that path) or you walk away from it all.

This isn't the same club that it was even as recently as 5 years ago so references to anything that happened before then really aren't too relevant.

Glass half full time. The scoreline in our wins probably didn't adequately reflect our dominance either.

I'm happy to call this a bad day and move on. Too many players were well down in a season where everyone has been wildly inconsistent.
Had a few bad days in these
Not this sh*t again?

He was running back with the flight of the ball, hardest way to try and spoil. There were other players in the square who didn’t get anywhere near it.

Plowman gets the sh*t assignment each week, from Charlie Cameron and Toby Greene to Patrick Dangerfield and Dustin Martin. He will lose some contests, sorta happens when you get the mismatch and it is often on the oppositions most dangerous forward. We don’t have anyone that can play on the same types each week.
Cheers. Provides stability. Something we lack. Serious Plow fan!

Bit worried about Harry's form from tonight.

Seemed really frustrated and unable to get any real momentum in the game (Saints defenders did ther job well)

Sometimes it feels like he drops his bundle after a poor quarter and or half, and either goes back into his shell or becomes frustrated and gives away stupid frees and or 50 m penalties.

He needs to start playing more with more controlled aggression/passion, esp in the first quarter.
Especially in the wake of the King assault on the league. H is a while off...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back