Prediction Rd 5 Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

How do we end up in a position where we have to wait 4 weeks in between home games yet there’s no point in the season where we play 3 in a row in Perth?
It is because if Gather round added as an extra round.

The stuff up is probably the 1st Eagles game should have been a HOME game and the one later in season an away game.

AS it is

H-A-H-Gather-A-A(Eagels Game)-H-A-H-A-H-A-A(This extra away is also a little messy, but allows us to finish with a Home Game)-H-A-H-A-H-H(Eagles)-A-H-A-H

So 11 Home Games, 11 Away games. and one extra for Gather Round

The stuff up is probably the 1st Eagles game should have been a HOME game and the one later in season an away game.

AS it is

H-A-H-Gather-A-A(Eagels Game)-H-A-H-A-H-A-A(This extra away is also a little messy, but allows us to finish with a Home Game)-H-A-H-A-H-H(Eagles)-A-H-A-H

I'd like the club to experiment more with hubs. Even cutting down the travel accross the country for 3 games would be massive.

Erasmus isn't a replacement for either forward. He's an option only if Banners moves permanently forward.

There is another inside midfielder we could move forward to allow Ras to play midfield. Someone whom played as a forward the last couple of years , when not in hospital..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clark and Aish are the obvious ones who we know can have a good ping at goal, particularly off a few steps since they can thump the ball. But we need them down back. Forwards need to just be better next week.
I feel like we need three Hayden Youngs, one back, one mid and one forward.

Full of medium defenders but nil depth of medium forwards.

Will be interesting to see how Port line up. If they go tall, nothing wrong with Fremantle going tall with Darcy coming in for Switkowski and Simpson for example for Frederick.

Finlayson will get suspended for his homophobic slur? That's good news for our backline.

Tabs is done. Slow as a semi and not able to apply pressure, not able to play on quickly to next team mate (slow decision maker) and gets out-marked. He is a handy back up but we no where near as effective going into FWD 50 with him in the mix.

I hope Darcy comes in and we move back to Jackson, Treacy and Amiss as our 3 talls in FWD line, Darcy to play 75% ruck

When did Darcy last play a game? The luxury of having Jackson and Darcy is they can split the ruck 50/50 until Darcy builds match fitness.

We might even see Darcy subbed out half way through the 3rd quarter against Port.

AS it is

Surely Garlick and Pyke are campaigning for a 13th game at Optus for the 2 WA teams next year. The gather round is great but shouldn't add to our travel schedule, Gather Round should be 1 of our 10 interstate games.

I genuinely think Tabs has been applying better pressure i50 than Amiss has and that’s saying a lot.

Actually in yesterday’s game Amiss had the best pressure stats of the three talls. Amiss 21 pressure acts and 5 tackles, 3 tackles inside 50. Treacy had 14 pressure acts, 3 tackles and 1 tackle inside 50. Tabener 9 pressure acts, 4 tackles, 3 tackles inside 50

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Surely Garlick and Pyke are campaigning for a 13th game at Optus for the 2 WA teams next year. The gather round is great but shouldn't add to our travel schedule, Gather Round should be 1 of our 10 interstate games.
Gther round is an additional round. and it only a short trip to adelaide. be terrible if gather round was in sydeny or brisbane.

Now that the AFL seems to want to lock in Gather round forever in Adelaide. WA goverment should now lobby the AFL to get a 24th Game with two gather rounds per year, one in adelaide early in year , and one in perth later in year.

I watched the Peel game today nobody really put their hand up for a spot, but Chappy did seem to get through ok and looked good. I think Darcy in for Tabs as Amiss and Treacy offer much more at ground level and pressure. Ras and JOM in for Switter and Freddy and Bandfield goes forward. Johnson keeps his spot as I think he has been better than people think, despite some shocking kicks. Even though Simpson was only ok for Peel today I think he debuts as sub

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out: Tabs, Johnno, Switta, Freddie

In: Darcy, Ras, JOM, Simpson

Can’t see us winning this game with our injuries unfortunately. Forward line just looking too shambolic.

I reckon Chappy looked pretty good. Not sure how much game time he got, they may want him to have another week in the WAFL.

I agree but given we will probably have at least 3 changes this week they will want to keep them at a minimum and give him another game at Peel, also means he doesn’t have to get on a plane after just coming back from a Hammy. But when he is ready he slots in for Hughes

In: Darcy, Simpson, Erasmus
Out: Switta, Frederick, Taberner

JOM starts, Johnson sub

I would love Delean to come in, but next week is probably best.
Due to the shorter turnaround Simpson more likely Sub I reckon plus he got banged up a bit again today.

Is Worner already in Adelaide? He didn’t play today for Peel. Maybe he will be a sub option.

Amiss has been pretty ordinary the past three weeks imo.
He ain’t getting dropped but he needs to offer more then he did yesterday.
career high in tackles actually but he's not a pressure fwd to begin with. Will be back to his best once Tabs goes.

Bringing him up at all is odd to me.

Most likely ins are Worner, Darcy and Erasmus. O’Meara into the starting line-up, with either Worner or Erasmus the sub.

Can't see us getting over the line here. Their mids are way better than Carlton, and Rozee is in career best form.
Rozee, Horne Francis & Butters will unfortunately be too much.

Finlayson will get suspended for his homophobic slur? That's good news for our backline.
What did he say?

Chappy numbers look good on paper and he’s very versatile. Move him forward to cover for Freddy and he’s good in the air. Very handy.

In: Chappy, JOM
Out: Freddy, Switta
Sub: Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Back