Autopsy Rd 5 Did Blues win? They s**t it in!

Which players do you think played well in Round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Blues a big congrats to you for today
Was at a wedding in Dandenong last Sunday where Telstra was needed to stream the final moments where the win was painfully taken from you and boy you dont need to be a supporter to understand how disheartening the mustve been. But just as i entered the Marvel today Big H was already lining up for goal and slotted it a minute later. Infact, ur team didnt even play like last week was one of the worst weeks ever, won systematically and won well. Clearly my dogs thought going in smaller was going to be how we’d contest but our smalls and who we brought in didnt add anything and your smalls carved us up in close and outside i.e. fish 🐟. Ur talls were way too advantageous on us today on a developing English with Kreuz, Big H and even Kaz lit it up. By the time Kaz roosted it from the boundary from 50 and H banana’d it from the other pocket, it was ur day where at no stage the bright hope Naughton wasnt even swinged to the backline where i honestly preferred him. So as much frustration I had sitting watching my boys continue to set the standard of inaccurate goal kicking and stupid decisions/structure, enjoy the week and win blues coz that was thoroughly deserved. Handing the blowtorch over from you guys to us and you didnt even have charles curn playing today.

Also glad to see Daisy out there playing good footy.

Despite being a big name recruit and not having the impact many hoped I think he’s always been a solid player for us. Particularly since he’s moved down back.

He goes hard at every contest and clearly wants to win. Also a calming presence down back and sets an example of how to attack the footy for the youngsters.

Glad he has hung around.

D4p4IsEUIAAAKQP.jpg

looks like Gorilla Cotchin

I see Murph is in the best on afl.com

I thought his last qtr was extremely underwhelming...how good were his first three?
He was good.

4th banana, link up player. Kicked a clever goal

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how some posters are using this win as an opportunity to validate their long held beliefs that the club should never be questioned, about anything.

Pretty sure we're all pretty happy right now. It was the best footy we've played for years, a different type of football to what we've been playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said last week that I thought the Plowman hate was over the top. He was fantastic today. Marked it, tackled hard, did all the 1% stuff. Yes he’s been poor in the past but this year he’s been an important cog down back.

Our backline is close to the best in the league at the moment. Brisbane and a Melbourne who leak 100 points nearly every week would give up a first round pick for Liam at the mo... actually the Dees would probably give us May just so they could have Liam.

And Weitering... I love the boy.

But Daisy has been astonishing. All year and last year. Ok, the trade was a disaster but Daisy has more than paid it back now. His pain last week said it all. Him with his daughter this week was beautiful.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The loss last week was the most disappointed I've seen the boys. Knew they'd back it up this week.

If we can caryy that effort and confidence for a couple more weeks we are a chance against the Hawks and should beat North.

3-4 after 7 weeks and everyone forgets about the GC game.

And McCreadie!
That kid is a backbone!
Don't forget Kerr as well, he looks like he has finally finished filling out. And he seems to have fixed his agility issues as well.

On top of those 2, don't mind if we keep Dow in, but i reckon swapping him for a fit Kennedy would improve us as well right now.

Dow doing some great things, but also some really poor things...as a second year mid no shame in sending him back to the VFL for a bit while the older Kennedy gets a run.

OUT: Polson, LOB, Dow
IN: Cuningham, Willo, Kennedy

I think we would miss Dows run.

I love how some posters are using this win as an opportunity to validate their long held beliefs that the club should never be questioned, about anything.

Pretty sure we're all pretty happy right now. It was the best footy we've played for years, a different type of football to what we've been playing.
it was our height and marking and less fumbling that beat dogs today...we are the same club with the same coach and the same game plan...the improvement is steady but real...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back