Autopsy Rd 5 Did Blues win? They s**t it in!

Which players do you think played well in Round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope

25 per month for two stream screens 28 is four streams.

What does each extra screen cost on Foxtel?

And apart from Happy Days and and Seinfeld reruns what does your $33 get you?

Do you get all world sports on demand?

Netflix or Stan plus Kayo shits all over any Foxtel package at the same price.
What other sports do you get on Kayo ...and how about tv series and Movies ??

Nope

25 per month for two stream screens 28 is four streams.

What does each extra screen cost on Foxtel?

And apart from Happy Days and and Seinfeld reruns what does your $33 get you?

Do you get all world sports on demand?

Netflix or Stan plus Kayo shits all over any Foxtel package at the same price.

The $33 gets you the basic package (plenty of channels there) + sports (all the sports channels except main event).

So $8 per month more, you can stream in multiple rooms through the Foxtel go app (using apple TV)

As you said they are the same company broadcasting the same sports package, im just pointing out that Foxtel isn't a LOT more expensive as you suggest.

Just watched the incident where Libba threw himself to the ground after light high contact with Newman. Newman did everything he could to avoid contact, but Libba threw himself down. And then after he kicks the goal, he goes up to have a go at Newman and realises that he bit off more than he could chew!

Libba is just as bigger flog as his old man.

Must say if we rated Stocker 6 in the draft last year, how high did we rate Bailey Smith?

Guy is a gun

After seeing a lot of the top kids from last years draft play, im not sure if i feel happy or scared SOS rated Stocker at 6.

The 1st round looks chock full of guns.

Just watched the incident where Libba threw himself to the ground after light high contact with Newman. Newman did everything he could to avoid contact, but Libba threw himself down. And then after he kicks the goal, he goes up to have a go at Newman and realises that he bit off more than he could chew!

Should be fined for staging.

Off the top of posters heads, what player/s have had the best first season (any club) excluding mature age recruits. Walsh is a genuine first year player and he at this stage is probably 2nd in our BandF.

He looks fantastic and to think how he will be playing in 2-3 years when he adds some muscle and experience.

Go Blues

finally caught up with this thread - you clowns have been runaway galoots since the siren - seriously have to be at the ground to see how much space 18 & 10 cover - harry is building a nick riewoldt size tank - you just cannot put a price on that - and he is 7 feet tall! oh mamma.........
A young Paul Salmon but with a tank and wheels...

So good to see Newman show some Navy Blue passion. And especially all the boys get around. That wouldnt have happened not so long ago.

Last edited:
Our poll has 91.2% of people thought Cripps played well. 8.8% of our supporters are really tough markers, bloody hell.
A couple of posters weren’t pleased with SPS, a few didn’t think Harry was up to much, and quite a few didn’t rate a certain fifth gamer highly - so much for us being too accepting of mediocrity! :p

Last edited:
Was at the game today, level 2 behind the goals, so had a gopd down the ground view. Daisy's energy and workrate were extraordinary today. More than I've seen from him at Carlton. Not sure if his numbers reflect it (haven't looked yet) but he worked to hard to create an option on the wings, and to get back to help defense. I was really, really pleased to see it. He is more important than he gets credit for.
Daisy is good for Carlton, he gives everything he’s got every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Said it before and I’ll say it again, some players got to know their limitations! Refuses to give first option then ends up giving a poor option that puts a team mate under pressure thus causing a turn over.
He’s decision making is dumb. Marchbank poor by foot too many times for my liking too and we can’t have 2 players coming out of defence like that, ones enough thx so for me when the opportunity presents itself Willo in Plow out- it makes us better
Yes thats why we lost by a hundred points.
Marchy was terrific at times for a guy just finding his way back. Plowman was good and as always cleaned up mistakes from ahead of him again and again.
Thats what I saw. Perfect ? no. But certainly important parts of a winning team on the day.

Daisy is good for Carlton, he gives everything he’s got every game.
Yep has been amazing since taking that clause out of his contract, it’s amazing how much of an effect that had on perception, I for one used to curse him before that removal since then he has been magnificent for us and is a true Blues player now, a warrior that gives everything every week.

One thing I really liked was how we had a bunch of players step up in the second half to build on the good work - that's how you get a four quarter team performance.

First half:
Cripps 26d
SPS 25d
Murphy 16d
McKay 12d
McKay 3 goals, 1 goal - Murph, Dow, Gibbons

Second Half:
Fisher 16d
Walsh 15d
Curnow 13d
Silvagni 12d
Cas 2 goals, 1 goal - SPS, Fisher, Walsh

This is what you see from the best sides, relentless pressure with everyone chipping in at some point.

I’m lining up for grand final tickets...

You tell me.
if you see a bunch of skeletons in deck chairs that'll be the 99 * crew..........

Remember the debate over taking Bailey Smith ahead of Sam Walsh. Looks like SOS got that call right! (I know only 5 games..)

No. He got it right. Bailey Smith will be a player. Walsh will be the next step above.

Walsh is the first player in history to get more than 24 possession in his first five games. May it continue.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I really thought we outworked them for the contested ball and didn't allow them any space. The rare times we did they looked good. IMO we just beat them fair and square. It was a great win on so many levels
Thought our short quick handballs around and out of the stoppages today was first class, enabled players the chance to separate and spread out of traffic allowing cleaner ball movement...

If we are taking about individual players then Williamson fit is in my best 22 as a HBF. Gun. But he’s had more than 12 months out and importantly our defence is playing so well together.

Willo will be back at some stage but I can’t believe people believe he will be back next week. Won’t happen.

At some stage he will and I reckon Plowman will be there as well and the hopefully Docherty but at the moment with such a young side it’s the area we have working. I wouldn’t be stuffing around with it
Plowman is reliable and played very well today. My only gripe is not taking the first option, then running himself into trouble with no clear options. From my recollection, it didn't end up in any turnovers today, but was very close.

she is as knowledgeable of the game as any going around - on and off the ground I reckon.........
Well, considering that the others going around are Slobbo, Whateley, and Ralph... there doesn't appear to be much knowledge there!

Back