Autopsy Rd 5 Did Blues win? They s**t it in!

Which players do you think played well in Round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A fair bit of chatter about the fancy players....then there's Kade

He's played 300+ games. He's won a B&F. Played on the wing, HFF and HBF. He's respected by fans from all clubs. He's got nothing left to prove.

He's half the size/weight of the other players. Yet despite all of that (or perhaps because of) he goes in hard anyway. Every. *******. Time.

He backs into packs, hunts the ball desperately and never gives up. Other players could learn a thing or two (or 20).

Kade Simpson, we salute you.

He’s a defender.

He was instrumental in 5 goals today - including one which was not allowed. He should have kicked three as well.

Seriously - he was absolutely massive in the forward line. McKay, Gibbons, Murphy, Sammo, Casboult all had goals as a direct result of his desperate and couragous determination.

Vastly underestimated game by SOS today - was seriously good - in the forward line.

Agree'd mentioned this earlier today. However I will not abide by Carros attitude towards Carlton.

During Rattens period she was absolutely unrelenting - and it was visibly billious, invective coming from her - it was seething.

We were on the up, and she spent a good deal of her time focused squarely on Carlton and Ratten - all of it negative with a full suite of insinuations which were never backed up.

She was great during the Essendon drug saga - and led the way.

I understand your desire to defend her as a woman - however her integrity during Rattens tunure was unforgivable if only for its profound lack of any professionalism. It really exposed her Richmond background and she was pulled up on this very point in the media on several occassions.

Its a long time ago now - however the push back from Carlton where she had a "source" (rumours abounded), the fall out in the media has left her and the club with a strong distate for each other.

She is definitely bias against Carlton - there is simply no question on this. Obviously she has learned to cover it better in recent years.

No animated gifs please.

Here is something she could talk about.....but no.

Your right but she was far from alone in trying to pull down Ratten, that was a concerted effort from within and without. Never forgive that disgracefull behaviour.

Agree'd mentioned this earlier today. However I will not abide by Carros attitude towards Carlton.

During Rattens period she was absolutely unrelenting - and it was visibly billious, invective coming from her - it was seething.

We were on the up, and she spent a good deal of her time focused squarely on Carlton and Ratten - all of it negative with a full suite of insinuations which were never backed up.

She was great during the Essendon drug saga - and led the way.

I understand your desire to defend her as a woman - however her integrity during Rattens tunure was unforgivable if only for its profound lack of any professionalism. It really exposed her Richmond background and she was pulled up on this very point in the media on several occassions.

Its a long time ago now - however the push back from Carlton where she had a "source" (rumours abounded), the fall out in the media has left her and the club with a strong distate for each other.

She is definitely bias against Carlton - there is simply no question on this. Obviously she has learned to cover it better in recent years.

No animated gifs please.

Here is something she could talk about.....but no.

I'm not defending her as a woman - she doesn't need me to do that - I'm just over this board and its pathetic take on anything negative about us in the media - it's as idiotic as the sporadic umpiring conspiracies posters come up with - anti-carlton?..........just don't.........

with respect - for a long time there has been very little positive to report - it isn't her job to cheer-lead carlton, look for any little nugget of optimism, fight for our right to be treated as though we have been relevant - it's ours - we've been losers for a long time and unfortunately for some that has transmogrified into a victim's outlook - you see things from a victim's perspective you will forever be crying "poor me, another barb from caro" - curiously it will all be forgiven and forgotten once we start to win - I thought the commentary from marvel yesterday was fabulous - healy and dunstall and even that peanut russell wrapt us up bigtime - it felt great to hear as I was so proud of our efforts - this pointless banging on about caro and her non-existent agenda is as silly as the one toward kb - if we can't cop a bit of justified stick about being crap well **** me...........
yes and no.......
On the commentary I think they really just like the game and will always applaud it when its good. A bit silly and over the top at times yes. If you lose yes it always seems like the worlds against you. Commentators umpires and luck. But really its the voice in ones head that is loudest. I was reading in the thread for next game and can't believe how folks can jump from no hope to easy winners in 24 hours and a bit.

As to Caroline Wilson ...well she gets paid to be controversial and it obviously works. But so what. Why would it matter so much is beyond me.
People get into the victim mentality as you say. Well now they will have to snap out of that as the sleeping giant awakens and I hope that folks can be a bit humble and sensible in the process.

Vastly underestimated game by SOS today - was seriously good - in the forward line.

Not by me. Got caught holding the ball twice and dropped an overhead mark he should have held but apart from that he was fantastic.

Just watched the replay for second time. Levi has his fans here but he is very frustrating. Butchered a few gimmes in the last quarter.

This is the wrong place for it but one thing I do not want to see as we climb the heights and hopefully can snag a flag or ten.
Is the arrogant f the rest rubbish from the past. I want to see us as exemplary examples of a decent club and community and good sports on the field and in the stands.

I well remember the day SOS took that mark against the pies at the MCG. Every single person applauded from both sides. It was spine tingling and I thought, you know what we dont hate them and they dont hate us. We just enjoy the game. We lost that day but it was a great day in memory. That is what the footy is all about.

I'm just over this board and its pathetic take on anything negative about us in the media - it's as idiotic as the sporadic umpiring conspiracies posters come up with - anti-carlton?..........just don't.........

Does anybody else think the media and the umpires are paying off Thy to defend them?

It makes so much sense. :p

I want to see us as exemplary examples of a decent club and community and good sports on the field and in the stands.

I well remember the day SOS took that mark against the pies at the MCG. Every single person applauded from both sides. It was spine tingling and I thought, you know what we dont hate them and they dont hate us. We just enjoy the game. We lost that day but it was a great day in memory. That is what the footy is all about.

I agree with all of that.

But can you at least leave me my pure unadulterated hatred for *? That's all I ask...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anybody else think the media and the umpires are paying off Thy to defend them?

It makes so much sense. :p
You mean Thy Chamberlain-Wilson? When I did a google search on Razor Ray and Caro, it came up with a large hairy marsupial that inhabits high density urban spaces...

Going over the game again - and just noticed this from Dwayne - Crystal Ball or what !!?

EDIT : make sure you have the sound on - kind of the point.

The commentators really loved the blues today - reckon the entire country was behind us. Dunstall was begging for us to crack that ton - Dwayne was extactic about it.

Plenty of hate for the commentators around here over the past few years - fair enough maybe. Always thought Eddie was brilliant towards us.

You put a hundred monkeys with typewriters in a room for one billion years and one of them might bang out Romeo and Juliet - similar odds for Dwayne “I’ll jump on the Carlton Bandwagon even though I hate them” Russell to get one right.

:rolleyes:

Not by me. Got caught holding the ball twice and dropped an overhead mark he should have held but apart from that he was fantastic.

Just watched the replay for second time. Levi has his fans here but he is very frustrating. Butchered a few gimmes in the last quarter.
Would just like jack to clean up his set shot goal kicking. He kicks three on sunday (as he should have) and we are talking break out game.
Generally its pretty easy to identify weaknesses in goalkicking but jacks action looks simple and good.

Thy, she was once hard hitting, respected, but she also had great feeders, now she struggles.

Targeting Harry and SPS, on the back of a lack of continuity shows her lack of understanding

Caro would have had more clout if she wanted to target our later picks, list fillers, or stripping the list of mature talent, but given she already went down that road previously, her lack of new material, shows her time is coming to an end

Nup.

Modern media.

If not proven wrong within 12 hours you are right.

* ing millenials.

However I will not abide by Carros attitude towards Carlton.

however her integrity during Rattens tunure was unforgivable if only for its profound lack of any professionalism.

I mean, the Club knifed Ratten. She didn’t make it up. She was right.

Thy, she was once hard hitting, respected, but she also had great feeders, now she struggles.

Targeting Harry and SPS, on the back of a lack of continuity shows her lack of understanding

Caro would have had more clout if she wanted to target our later picks, list fillers, or stripping the list of mature talent, but given she already went down that road previously, her lack of new material, shows her time is coming to an end
The way it sounded was she didnt expect Judd to attack her and she just plucked those names from mid air. The whole thing was pathetic. That whole show is so terribly conceived.

Back