Autopsy Rd 5 Did Blues win? They s**t it in!

Which players do you think played well in Round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You put a hundred monkeys with typewriters in a room for one billion years and one of them might bang out Romeo and Juliet - similar odds for Dwayne “I’ll jump on the Carlton Bandwagon even though I hate them” Russell to get one right.

:rolleyes:

Dwayne Russell is the blurst of commentators....

I always appreciate your posts - so much so that I think you answered your question here

AND

We beat the doggies because they went in without any talls - it was even mentioned prior to the game that bevo was being arrogant in not paying our forwards enough respect.

Combine that with the doggies not being able to kick remotely straight and yeah - kick half of their easy shots, and another KPP in defence and they would have won.

Bolton had a great win, takes the pressure of for a week - but make no mistake he is still very much under the spotlight. Nothing has changed - he needs to win at least 5 games this year I would say at a minimum.

Infact - I would suggest this win puts MORE pressure on him. Now we know he has the talent - we've seen it. We have MORE to come back in (Pickett, Doch, Williamson, McCreadie, Curnow, Kennedy etc) so a return the losing streaks now is going to really put the heat on.

Next few weeks are easily winnable games - lets see how he goes.

"Next few weeks are easily winnable games"? You really are on some agenda regarding Bolton

Not sure any coach would describe any opponent in this manner, especially this year

Who the **** is questioning their development, apart from Caro? Sometimes when you're wrong, you're just bloody wrong.

I've seen at least half a dozen articles this year (Age, Herald Sun, Fox Footy) citing 'impatient Blues fans'.

I don't think we are impatient at all. I think most of us understand exactly where we're at.

Are we disappointed with our W-L start to the season? Sure. Are we questioning some gameday tactics? Perhaps. But from where I sit, I think Carlton fans are mostly the ones keeping their cool while everyone else is carrying on about 0-4 or Bolton's contract.

I've seen at least half a dozen articles this year (Age, Herald Sun, Fox Footy) citing 'impatient Blues fans'.

I don't think we are impatient at all. I think most of us understand exactly where we're at.

Are we disappointed with our W-L start to the season? Sure. Are we questioning some gameday tactics? Perhaps. But from where I sit, I think Carlton fans are mostly the ones keeping their cool while everyone else is carrying on about 0-4 or Bolton's contract.
Impatient with not winning, maybe. Not impatient with SPS and McKay's development, which is specifically what Caro is referring to.

cough*thisplace*cough

Amazing how much better the game plan looks when:

You have a competent ruckman

Don't torch the ball every second time you kick it. Belief started to build and players were prepared to look inside. Opened up everything. Marchie needs to work on his kicking or look for others to pull the trigger. messed up too many really good forward entries.

these blokes can't wait for the game to start I reckon - and yes, I am speaking on behalf of every carlton player........except maybe the saddler.........

Impatient with not winning, maybe. Not impatient with SPS and McKay's development, which is specifically what Caro is referring to.

Yeah, I went off on a tangent. I'm just sick of the media portraying us as an angry mob when they are the ones baying for blood...

We have our share of frustrations, but I think most of us get it.

cough*thisplace*cough

I hear ya.

But eg this was the first line of the official AFL match review of our win over the doggies.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-04-21/match-report-western-bulldogs-v-carlton

FOR ALL the encouraging signs Carlton had displayed in the first month of the season, the zero in the win column was all that mattered to impatient Blues fans.

And all the articles that I read about Bolton's job insecurity insinuated that Bolts/Carlton had lost the fans.

Yeah, there's some fire. But the media is intent on stoking it. Don't blame the fans when it's the media that is mostly baying for blood and Bolts' head.

:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last edited:
Re-watched the game
[...]

Cripps, was brilliant with his dishing, it was clearly a directive and a focus to get it into the hands of guys like SPS and Fisher

[...]

To the annoyance of people who had him as their Captain for SuperCoach.

Crippa needs to be told that kicks are worth more than handballs!!!!!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

To the annoyance of people who had him as their Captain for SuperCoach.

Crippa needs to be told that kicks are worth more than handballs!!!!!

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't care if he headbutts a clearance, as long as we exit a stoppage in the hands of player that can hit a target

2. We went slow when required (tempo football) giving us the opportunity to set and go through the middle with overlap running and speed rather than just bombing in hope and hugging the boundary. Its amazing how much disposal efficiency improves when you play to a structure and plan and give yourself time.

Bingo.:thumbsu:

First win of the 'Wallsy comes home' era !

images

Quick question.

Is Gibbons a leftie or a right footer??

Either side doesn’t seem to worry him.
He is a right footer, but how refreshing is it to see a player who isn't afraid to go onto his left? A few times he could have gone onto his right, but opted to go left to give himself more time and space rather than rush the kick.

His disposal on Sunday left or right was excellent, pretty much found his target every time....and most times they were leading targets, not static.

Its apparent that she has been winging it of late; not as well researched as she once was.

Back