Autopsy Rd 5 Did Blues win? They s**t it in!

Which players do you think played well in Round 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

First win of the 'Wallsy comes home' era !

images
Is it just me or does he look bit like Willo?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Requires an explanation surely?:p
Aye well for those uninformed.... if thats possible....
Elwood meets Twiggy at gas station....scores but doesnt show at the motel.
Jake is marked for death by Carrie when she isn't saving the galaxy. Which is very unfair cos he had a flat, ran out of gas, an old friend came in from outta town.......:cool:

I've seen at least half a dozen articles this year (Age, Herald Sun, Fox Footy) citing 'impatient Blues fans'.

I don't think we are impatient at all. I think most of us understand exactly where we're at.

Are we disappointed with our W-L start to the season? Sure. Are we questioning some gameday tactics? Perhaps. But from where I sit, I think Carlton fans are mostly the ones keeping their cool while everyone else is carrying on about 0-4 or Bolton's contract.

Lazy journalism. Caro's not alone in that. Pick a club/player/coach to criticise, say they're not good enough, cherry pick some specific stats without any thought to context, claim that the criticism is coming from "supporters".

Look hard enough and you'll find some "supporters" willing to criticise anyone. Doesn't mean their opinions are fair, correct, or in any way representative of the views of the wider supporter base.

It's a really convenient way for these muppets to create clickbait headlines. They can talk absolute s**t, but pass it off as the opinion of some vague collection of nameless, faceless, voiceless people, which in their mind absolves them of any accountability should they be proven wrong.

Amazing how much better the game plan looks when:

You have a competent ruckman

Don't torch the ball every second time you kick it. Belief started to build and players were prepared to look inside. Opened up everything. Marchie needs to work on his kicking or look for others to pull the trigger. messed up too many really good forward entries.

Just every second time Dow kicks it...

*ducks*

Seriously though, when his mind catches up to his body and he gets that little bit more composed, he's going to cause massive headaches for opposition.

Aye well for those uninformed.... if thats possible....
Elwood meets Twiggy at gas station....scores but doesnt show at the motel.
Jake is marked for death by Carrie when she isn't saving the galaxy. Which is very unfair cos he had a flat, ran out of gas, an old friend came in from outta town.......:cool:

Ah a true blue aficionado - take a bow M8!

My goodness rewatching Sam Walsh.

He actually does now make the horrors of last season worth it. A once in a generation talent this lad, courageous and with an insatiable work rate.

He probably slept with a footy tucked under his arm instead of a teddy bear as young child.

A bona fide locked in future champion of this football club. What he is doing as a teenager, in his first season against much more seasoned and built up opponents, is nothing short of extraordinary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go back and look at the opening centre bounce. Looks like the ball that got to Harry for his first shot at goal was on the back of SPS's own grunt and confidence. Cripps didn't have much to do with SPS' game.

Don't listen to the commentators...

When I made this comment I hadn’t watched the replay. In the first quarter watching it live it seemed like there was a stronger connection b/w Cripps and SPS than I’d noticed previously at least on a more consistent or even pre planned basis. This gave me the impression that SPS drew confidence from that. Not meant to be a slight at all as I’ve always rated him highly both as an inside and outside player but felt he hasn’t backed himself in as much as he should be given what he is capable of.

After watching the replay I think you’re right that he was switched on from the start but I still feel like there was a change in setup etc that got him more involved early in tandem with Cripps that helped his mindset.

Whether or not this is the case or not doesn’t matter. Hopefully he knows now what he is capable of at this level Cripps or no Cripps. Elite!

Is there a replay available for the game?

If you get KAYO you can watch replays of all games, anytime. Ad free during the match and fast forward fhrough them at the breaks. Plus you get all the football shows that are shown on FOXTEL. About $25 per month. Lots of other sports on it was well.
I cancelled my Foxtel years ago. So with Netflix, Prime, Kayo, free to air, Kanopy and Youtube, TV watching is pretty good and so much cheaper.

And how about Tony Shaw at the end.

Words to the effect “if Carlton get any injuries they’ll struggle,”.

The pea brain doesn’t realise our AA half back has been out for 1.5 years, our #1 ruck played his first game yesterday and we’ve still got 6 (arguably) best 22 players out injured.

He has to be in the band of most moronic commentators in footy along with Dwayne Russell and Kelli Underwood with John Ralph and * loving Cal Twomey not far behind.
I found Jon Ralph's article on Walsh today both accurate and complimentary.

Crippa you can almost be not surprised by it, he's a simply incredible player.

SPS was such a great pleasant surprise though. Played like every bit the player we hoped he can be, and when he fires like that, he is just such a beautifully complete footballer. Hardness, skill, evasiveness, class.

Really does the #5 no harm.

Back