Game Day Rd 5 - NMFC v Hawthorn (aka 'Bill And Jed's Excellent Adventure')

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, here's hoping anyway.

Btw, why the hell is there no Game Day thread? It's 4am. Sincerely hoping someone is going to lose their job over this.

(And what's up these days with Gaso doing the Game Day threads? Actually forget I asked that, I don't want to know.)

So anyway, here's your Game Day thread.

Yay.

(insert cat gif of choice)

Lots of intriguing match-ups to consider, but none more so than the positively gladiatorial showdown between Maj and Roughy. My gut feel is that North will win this one, with Majak holding Roughy to 6 kicks/2 handballs and 1 goal. He will then gain so much confidence from beating one of the true champions of the game, that he will proceed to reach new, previously uncharted heights as a footballer, going on to be named 2018 AA Full Back at season end. At which point Snake Baker will begrudgingly admit that the 'Maj playing down back' experiment has been a success. This will trigger much rejoicing across the Bigfooty community, with both North and opposition supporters alike coming together in celebration. This touching display of cyber harmony will then have a ripple effect that will spread throughout the whole internet. Trolls and social media bitching will be a thing of the past, and human interaction on the web will consist entirely of expressing support and praise for our fellow human beings. Hatchets will be buried community-wide. National borders will be dissolved. Armies will lay down their guns. World leaders will declare world peace, and the human race will enter a golden age of love and enlightenment and nudity and hover cars.

So yeah, big game coming up for Maj.

North by 17.

I love the title. Got a genuine ear to ear smirk from me.

xl4PMBL.gif

Btw, why the hell is there no Game Day thread? It's 4am. Sincerely hoping someone is going to lose their job over this.

(And what's up these days with Gaso doing the Game Day threads? Actually forget I asked that, I don't want to know.)

Yay.

Lots of intriguing match-ups to consider, but none more so than the positively gladiatorial showdown between Maj and Roughy. My gut feel is that North will win this one, with Majak holding Roughy to 6 kicks/2 handballs and 1 goal. He will then gain so much confidence from beating one of the true champions of the game, that he will proceed to reach new, previously uncharted heights as a footballer, going on to be named 2018 AA Full Back at season end. At which point Snake Baker will begrudgingly admit that the 'Maj playing down back' experiment has been a success. This will trigger much rejoicing across the Bigfooty community, with both North and opposition supporters alike coming together in celebration. This touching display of cyber harmony will then have a ripple effect that will spread throughout the whole internet. Trolls and social media bitching will be a thing of the past, and human interaction on the web will consist entirely of expressing support and praise for our fellow human beings. Hatchets will be buried community-wide. National borders will be dissolved. Armies will lay down their guns. World leaders will declare world peace, and the human race will enter a golden age of love and enlightenment and nudity and hover cars.

North by 17.

With this analysis how could you not pick us?

Yay.

North by 17.

Post of the year so far!

I vote we have TOD start the Game Day threads from hereon.

I also vote we have nudity and hover cars regardless of today's outcome.

Reckon our backline matches up really well now with their two smalls out.

Marley - bruest
EVW - Gunston
Majak - O’Brien
Tarrant - Roughead
Macmillan - Henderson
Thompson loose

If impey plays forward more release Macmillan, up the field and Thompson shuffled back on to someone like Gunston. Marley to take impey

With this matchups I’d like to see Clarke or LMAC up the field more, with Luke maybe doing the role on O’meara.

Jacobs to Smith

Yay.

North by 17.
as always:
Scamper, my little Geelong Cat:
482201_1cf8d827303eb07aa7e9ac43054bceee.JPG

Meows the Following:

Yay.

North by 17.

If Majak's good form does indeed result in the universal declaration of world peace, it will be the most culturally significant moment by a North Melbourne player since the time Corey Jones dobbed one from the boundary to win the game in Archer's 250th.

Tarrant - Roughead
Thompson - Gunston
EVW - Breust
Jacobs - Mitchell

We win if:

- Our kick to handball ratio is at least 1.4:1
- We pick up 5700+ in meterage
- 10+ marks inside 50
- Jacobs negates Mitchell
- Goldy/Daw negate McEvoy at the clearances/stoppages

We lose if:

- Higgo doesn't play
- We let Hawthorn control possession
- Majak plays predominately in defence
- We register less than 60 tackles

North to dominate first half with only bad kicking for goal keeping the Hawks in it. At half time Clarko moves Sicily to full forward and kicks 5 goals from 5 free kicks each time giving it to North players and pushing and shoving all our little blokes with the Hawks getting over the line by a point. We have a goal disallowed after the siren after a review over turned a goal claiming it hit the post which is confirmed by the camera angle from the wing.

Now that I've said It, it can't come true, right?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cunners/Jack to combine for 60 touches/5 goals
Jacobs to control Mitchell
Brown/Waite = 8 goals
Zurhaar/cunners to fend off Sicily’s head at the same time and smack him into next week.

Breust and Gunston are the real dangers up there- we stop them and we are well on the way.
North by 20

My only problem with Jacobs on Mitchell is he and Cunnington will be going for the same contested ball so it would effectively mean we are playing two on one at stoppages and there will be someone else loose in the middle, if we don't get the clearance then it will be bad.

Both teams coming off cracking wins, our opposition last week much easier than theirs but they've lost some serious scoring power due to injury. If we lose Father Higgins before the game well that hurts us big time.

We need to be switched on otherwise it could get ugly.

Bloody hard game to predict but I'm going us by 8 pts.

Yay.

North by 17.
coffee-sylvester-cat.gif

Tarrant - Roughead
Thompson - Gunston
EVW - Breust
Jacobs - Mitchell

We win if:

- Our kick to handball ratio is at least 1.4:1
- We pick up 5700+ in meterage
- 10+ marks inside 50
- Jacobs negates Mitchell
- Goldy/Daw negate McEvoy at the clearances/stoppages

We lose if:

- Higgo doesn't play
- We let Hawthorn control possession
- Majak plays predominately in defence
- We register less than 60 tackles
Do we need one or all of those things to happen for us to win/lose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back