Autopsy Rd 5 vs Hawthorn: following this club is astonishingly exhausting

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarkson blaming congestion now for Burton bumping Higgins in the head.

Is this bloke a deadset tosser, who will come up with the stupidest comments ever in defence of his players?

He might be able to coach, but sometime he needs to learn that by opening your mouth and talking garbage, you come off a whiney sh*tstain.

This was the most bizzare statement i have ever read from anyone in football. It's like when my grandma started showing signs of dementia

I think the great thing about today was that none of our players took a backwards step in wanting the ball in their own hands. When confidence is down, it can be easy to want others to go and get the ball and start playing for handball receives... But even someone like LMac today who made some bad errors, still wanted to get the ball when it was on the line. A few have already mentioned in this thread that it was most evident with Hartung in that last quarter when he made some blues but just kept finding the ball. At the worst with Billy, we have a much quicker Gibbo.

Just a little negative that I spotted in the 3rd quarter when the hawks were making their run. I thought their comeback was based on 2 things: (1) Roaming Roughy (that's a tricky ploy for any coach to stopt), and (2) Clarko isolating EVW deep at full back where he gave away a free kick for a goal and then was beaten by Impey twice. This was all in the 5-10 mins before he got knocked out.

LMac always wants to get the ball, especially after he stuffs up. I also noticed that Clarke and Hartung screwed up a couple of times in that last and desperately wanted the ball to make amends immediately afterward. Just that constant competing helped us at the time.

Clarkson is a great coach and he was always gonna find something in the third quarter but it wouldn't have been as effective without the injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I actually thought Clarke played well yesterday. Yes his disposal is a real liability sometimes, but after watching the replay, he ran his guts out all day and provided option after option.

I think his work rate from yesterday was huge.

I’m not a huge fan of him as a defender, but you can’t question his work rate and effort.

I've got very similar attitude to Clarke and yesterday his effort was unquestionable. In that last quarter he was there when we needed it so many times. Top effort.

Very late to the party but here are my thoughts on yesterday.

- Was at the game. Place was seriously empty with 20 mins to the bounce but ended with a respectable 27,000. North fans making far more noise than hawks.

- First half - we just wanted it more than them. Our players were there to win and were smashing hawks players at every chance. That is what we are a club are all about. Jed, Ziebs, Turner and Zurhaar just smashing heads together.

- Cam Zurhaar is a genuine bull. Tackles to hurt people and I couldn't love it more.

- Browny. Unbelievable in the first half. Thought he was abysmal in the second half. tried his guts out as he does but he looked as slow as a wet week. Nothing to worry about he is a gun but something worth mentioning.

- If Tarrant continues the way he does and doesn't get All Australian I will be calling for a royal ******* commission. He is a star.

- My Boy (Clarkey) - Thought he was fnatastic. Had a few howlers I know but also took the game on and worked his arse off to make a stupid number of contests. And I said last week he loves winning more than anyone I have seen play. Watch him sing the song he is on cloud 9.

Andersons middle name must be Samson . Don't cut the hair that's all .

This was the most bizzare statement i have ever read from anyone in football. It's like when my grandma started showing signs of dementia
he didnt really, if you heard the whole interview he actually said that headknocks in general were becoming more common due to congestion, he added mainly in relation to loose balls where players both went low.

Awesome win. Really nice to beat the hawks and see their supporters throw their toys out of the cot.
Good team performance, gutsy to hold on when they were challenging.
We have a tough next four games so this win was a good one.
Still think we're a middle of the road team but wins like these are good confidence games for the young guys. We still need top end talent to win a flag.Also exciting is we have many young guys in the vfl who could come into the side over the course of the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back