Game Day Rd 6, 2014 - Brisbane Lions v St Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first ever game played for premiership points outside of Australia in combined club history (unless I've missed something).

Exciting. Could we all go to bed tonight with a win? (Don't let Tairy see that)

Going to my very first NRL game tonight (Broncos and Rabbitohs, I have a mate at work who's a big Rabbitohs fan) so hopefully I can go on the back of a win!4

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Going to my very first NRL game tonight (Broncos and Rabbitohs, I have a mate at work who's a big Rabbitohs fan) so hopefully I can go on the back of a win!4

GO LIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My stockbroker invited me to his corporate box for that game tonight, couldn't do it, felt dirty going to a league game. Reminded him though if it was the Lions I would be there in a heart beat, sadly they don't that one:(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My stockbroker invited me to his corporate box for that game tonight, couldn't do it, felt dirty going to a league game. Reminded him though if it was the Lions I would be there in a heart beat, sadly they don't that one:(.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I figure I should try something once before completely discounting it. Who knows, I might enjoy it.

With the return of Angry Rog somewhere on the field I can see something stupid happen. Defying the bookies on a win might be it.

Breaking: we're going to win, no joke.

Well, that's enough information for me to load up on Lions tonight.

zoidberg__crafty_consumer_reaction_gif_by_penniavaswen-d6kew5w.png

I want to see Rog kick a bag of goals. He should have just been left up forward in the first place; I like him there.
I also am really hoping to see Nicky have his worst game of the season and Dizzy sit him on his arse.
Hope Joel finds some desperation and fight too; it's been lacking and the difference in his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first ever game played for premiership points outside of Australia in combined club history (unless I've missed something).

Exciting. Could we all go to bed tonight with a win? (Don't let Tairy see that)
Lynch mentioned on League Teams that as Fitzroy we have played in Wellington before and that we had won. He then picked the Lions to win before everyone on the panel laughed at him so hope he gets the last laugh

Team list has Rocky as the sub? Surely not!
Ducks and drakes? Btw, finally worked out how to upgrade my profile pic! I was locked out of bf! Didn't know I had to upgrade my membership. Was same feeling as my Foxtel being off air!!!
All sorted now.
Will we get a win tonight? That's the question. I think the coaching panel are sending very clear messages to the whole team in as much that no player will be safe in their position if they do not perform. And I think why not. Let's face it, we most likely will not play finals so this season may be about working out who stays and who goes in November!
A bold statement I know but if a player is in the latter stages of their career and earning 400-500k or whatever it may be, perhaps to some degree complacency can set in. I think Leppas form so far in team selection shows no bias to any player. Don't perform then your out. We sometimes count touches as the test but there is so much more to it than that, we don't see the gps stats which show run stats as well as efforts etc etc. we also don't specifically see or know the exact role they were given and if it was carried out as required.
I must admit that some of this weeks changes surprised me a bit.
Balsy though!
Go lions!!!!!

TomFC said:
What are you guys referring to? Seemed to be a fairly vent-free selection night considering we made five changes.

Wasn't venting! just some seriously strange assumptions and leaps of logic going on.

Anyway, game day mother****ers!

Team list has Rocky as the sub? Surely not!
Ducks and drakes? Btw, finally worked out how to upgrade my profile pic! I was locked out of bf! Didn't know I had to upgrade my membership. Was same feeling as my Foxtel being off air!!!
All sorted now.
Will we get a win tonight? That's the question. I think the coaching panel are sending very clear messages to the whole team in as much that no player will be safe in their position if they do not perform. And I think why not. Let's face it, we most likely will not play finals so this season may be about working out who stays and who goes in November!
A bold statement I know but if a player is in the latter stages of their career and earning 400-500k or whatever it may be, perhaps to some degree complacency can set in. I think Leppas form so far in team selection shows no bias to any player. Don't perform then your out. We sometimes count touches as the test but there is so much more to it than that, we don't see the gps stats which show run stats as well as efforts etc etc. we also don't specifically see or know the exact role they were given and if it was carried out as required.
I must admit that some of this weeks changes surprised me a bit.
Balsy though!
Go lions!!!!!
Subs aren't announced until 40 minutes before the game or there abouts.

Don't think Rocky will be the sub :)

I think Leppas form so far in team selection shows no bias to any player. Don't perform then your out.

Couldn't disagree any more considering a number of senior players have continually been selected despite well below average form e.g. Merrett, Patfull, Adcock and Leuenberger (before his injury).

It still staggers me that Merrett can again let the club down on the back of horrible form and is immediately rewarded with inclusion. There's a clear case of bias.

Couldn't disagree any more considering a number of senior players have continually been selected despite well below average form e.g. Merrett, Patfull, Adcock and Leuenberger (before his injury).

It still staggers me that Merrett can again let the club down on the back of horrible form and is immediately rewarded with inclusion. There's a clear case of bias.
Let's see what happens moving forward seeing that Darcy Gardiner is getting a run. When asked on a post match interview what Leppa has learnt to date, it was that they've drafted well and we could possibly see these kids playing more games than first thought especially if our senior guys don't perform. I think Leppa had to see first up in the Ressies where his draftees were in relation to being ready to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back