Autopsy Rd 6 Blues make unwanted history with 0-6 start to the season

Remove this Banner Ad

seeing Gower's play so well just confirms my belief that we have thrown a few babies out with the bath water over the last 3 years, it's like we haven't let them mature enough.

Bit of a balancing act this though because , on the other hand, we kept players like Lucas, Watson, Joseph, Bower, Austin and others I can't recall well beyond their use by date and got nothing as trade value from any.

Photo-shopped

http://www.carltonfc.com.au/player-profile/dylan-buckley
BUCKLEY%20Dylan.png
489241_96df52e1dd9b8ef4fde4d07704687f6d.jpeg

Look at that .......

Same smile
Same hairstyle
Very good ! You sure its not spot the difference .:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mentioned earlier that Brereton was discussing exactly this, this morning on SEN.
A little panic of sorts can have us reaching for more older bodies than we originally planned for. Actually, I think we went a little too hard last season with taking on the likes of Mullett, O'Shea and Shaw. I didn't like the idea then, I don't like it now and I have no reason to think I'll like it later.

We need only quality senior players (mids) and no more fill-ins and Hail-Mary players.
We can say what we want now, but only at years end will we really know whether we're all pulling in the same direction or not.
I think Mullett (in particular) and O'Shea were worthwhile picks. Shaw never made sense to me

For me it was why all 3. Still don't get it
The only logic that I can come up with, is adding these 3 to bring experience and more depth to the NBs. We want a stronger development ground?

But injury circumstances have thwarted that plan too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back