Preview Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Saturday 24th April 4.35PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #964

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETET

Team Captain
Sep 18, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
The opposition know that when he gets the ball it will be a 15 metre chip somewhere , if he mixed it up a bit with longer kicks hed be less predictable, the opposition know he's not going to hurt you.
I agree.

I can’t believe SPS has been told to kick long but actively goes against his directives for the game.... every game.

It looks to me like to coaches are still so spooked from when we could not find a target 2 years ago and moved him into the backline to fix that still value a 15 metre kick to mark so highly. Surely he is doing what the coaches want otherwise he would not be playing.

This is totally on the coaches and MC. SPS is not to blame for doing as he has been told and what is valued by the coaches.

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
Eddie was poor. You can throw 3 goal assists at me all you want. He's not doing enough to be getting a game, isn't the future and shouldn't be playing.

Let's see what Owies and others can do and if they're worth retaining at the end of the year.

Doesn't matter, he'll be picked each week just like Murphy. Coaches pets and Betts is on the list and in the team to get memberships and people to the game

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
Ignoring 3 GA is just silly, he also had 3 tackles inside 50 which is also extremely high and I bet you will ignore that too.
We scored pretty much every second time we went inside 50, our forward line are actually doing their job atm even with 3-4 of them being injured.

Aug 18, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Ignoring 3 GA is just silly, he also had 3 tackles inside 50 which is also extremely high and I bet you will ignore that too.
We scored pretty much every second time we went inside 50, our forward line are actually doing their job atm even with 3-4 of them being injured.
If that's an acceptable performance then were not going anywhere.

BlackGoanna

Premium Gold
Aug 17, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
How is everyone going on the winter Melbourne day ?

Still down in the dumps from the belting by Port?

Are we giving ourselves any chance against Brisbane, or more misery on the way ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

HavUEvaSeenTheRain

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 20, 2006
AFL Club
Carlton
If that's an acceptable performance then were not going anywhere.

His performances aren’t the reason that’s so though. He is out there to try help McKay, Fogarty and the likes and make their jobs easier. putting in someone who isn’t upto it handicaps others development. I expect when Martin and Fisher get back he will make way, unless we actually start playing well and pick our absolute best side then it’ll come down to form.

Nov 27, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
I get what you're saying. But I think it's fair for me as a paid up member to expect some sign of improvement if im going to commit an entire day to going to a game.

And all supporters should be allowed to offer their criticism or insights without being hounded for not being a "real fan".
"I'll support when they're better."

Fairweather.

Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton
As a rebounding half back he should be up over 400m most games imo. For comparison Docherty is about 530m a game.
Issue is, he's not a rebounding half back. He's an 'in tight' player and 3/5 games has played a lock down defender roll with apparently rebound not in his job description that week. The jobs he's being given have me absolutely bewildered.

morningbrown

Club Legend
Mar 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton

Fairweather.

I've stuck with this club for 20 years of cellar dwelling. I've been at games where we lost by over 100 points. I've been at the last three games where we sacked our coach. I've been bullied at high school for supporting this team. I've been in tears as the club puts in pitiful after pitiful performance. I am the complete opposite of fair-weather.

Wanting to not subject myself to more pain is my choice. I will continue to pay my ridiculously expensive membership year on year, and I will watch every single game, but I might not go to them because it will kill me. I will choose happiness, and hopefully the baggers will get to a point soon where they routinely make me happy, rather than cause me sadness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Carlton

Fairweather.
Ease up - theres actual value in expressing your pain by not turning up. Helps get the message to the club that 20 years of whats happened is not good enough. Nothing will make board members squirm in their seat more than dwindling attendances.

CarltonBlooz

Team Captain
Mar 9, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
I’ve put a red pen through Willo. For good. Hate to say. I just have.

After playing a massive 35 games? Plenty of time left for him to develop.

Send him to 2's and let him properly develop, patience, patience etc.

We're very poor at development and have been for some time, so plenty of patience left for Williamson.

If not oh well, pick 61, but I'd like to see him to get to 100 games before jettison into sun.

Also lol at us playing him forward in Port game, 500 IQ play right there and Kennedy on the wing. :$

Crippa#9

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
After playing a massive 35 games? Plenty of time left for him to develop.

Send him to 2's and let him properly develop, patience, patience etc.

We're very poor at development and have been for some time, so plenty of patience left for Williamson.

If not oh well, pick 61, but I'd like to see him to get to 100 games before jettison into sun.

Also lol at us playing him forward in Port game, 500 IQ play right there and Kennedy on the wing. :$

Convinced we turn Willow into a run with player. He’s not poised enough to be a playmaker but has some grunt and a good tank. Suspect this to be Ed’s last year. We’ll need a replacement.

Aug 16, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal
ins: stocker, Cuningham
Outs: Kennedy, Williamson and Dow

medical sub: setterfield (but he needs to play a half at vfl level)

Setterfield was spoken about as having zero impact in the VFL, the guy was dropped for not showing enough, goes down to the twos and manages 11 disposals or something close.

The guy from Blueabroad who did the review was at a loss, over his lack of interest, desire and work rate, in the VFL.

You don’t reward that, if anything, you would drop him from the 2nds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back