Preview Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Saturday 24th April 4.35PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #964

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite any rule changes its still a possession game .
This year to date we are one of the highest kicking sides and lowest handball .
Imo I think we have over rated the effect of the rule change to the man on the mark and are falling into the oppositions hands by moving the ball forward too quick via foot .
Where our talls have been next to useless at ground level if they dont mark it .
Whilst adding Murphy permanently to the forward mix who doesn't have a defensive bone in his body sides are setting up too many scores from our forward line .
Our forward talls are just not hitting up the ground enough .
We just dont have the right mix forward and our forward 50 tackle numbers have dropped off from last year .
Our kicking is generally poor sharing the pill more than we have been via hand may open up better outlets and a more measured path forward .
Than this infuriating bomb it long mentality .

For mine Stocker and Cuningham must ins .
Outs anyones guess most likely young players .

Last edited:

I really don't want to see Kennedy or McGovern out, unless they aren't fully fit.

Give them time to get back up to speed with AFL footy. McGovern down back and Kennedy full time forward could work too.

It's not like we have a shortage of players who deserve to be dropped.

Particularly if JSOS and Parkes are out for a few more weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't want to see Kennedy or McGovern out, unless they aren't fully fit.

Give them time to get back up to speed with AFL footy. McGovern down back and Kennedy full time forward could work too.

It's not like we have a shortage of players who deserve to be dropped.
Gov won't be dropped. He wasn't anywhere near our worst.

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk

Agree with some of the positional calls I’m hearing. The current personnel just aren’t getting it done. I would also like to see Williams go back to defence for a few weeks and find some fluidity back there again...

B: Parks Jones Docherty
HB: Williams Weitering Saad
C: Fogarty Cripps Cottrell
HF: Gibbons McKay Cunningham
F: Betts McGovern Kennedy
R: Pitt Walsh SPS

Int: Stocker Casboult ... ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facing a talented side coming into form, fear they will belt us.

B: Plowman Weitering Parks
HB: Docherty Jones Saad
C: Newnes Cripps Cottrell
HF: Owies Casboult Fogarty
F: McGovern McKay Cuningham
OB: Pittonett Walsh Williams
IC: Stocker Gibbons Ramsay Curnow

OUT
Kennedy - Too slow.

Murphy - Not physical or good enough, his form V Good sides is enough.

SPS - Too soft, he is not getting better, pulls out of contests.

Williamson - Playing Poorly.

Betts - He's not giving us enough for a guy about to retire.

IN
Owies - Keeps kicking goals and keeps getting praised for defensive efforts and setting up team mates. Has to start to play seniors, what a joke this hasn't happened.

Cuningham - Form is ok, it's his time to prove himself and give a bit of pace and skill to our midfield/forward line.

Stocker - Massive game on the weekend, a tough and talented player has to replace SPS who is not that. He can have midfield minutes and rotate with Williams who is not a full time mid!

Ramsay - Natural footballer, ball magnet, quick, endurance and can kick. He'll do a lot better than Dow, Kennedy and Setterfield in an inside/outside role.

Parks - A very obvious in.

On the edge

Casboult - don't rate him, too slow and one dimensional, good backup unfortunately we have injuries. Our best forward setup is McKay, Curnow and McGovern with McGovern taking the ruck IMO.

Curnow - Against the better side he's very mediocre. Love his effort but we need a better player in this primary midfield role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

stocker for midfield/HF? I was thinking HB.

Im not sure he has agility/speed to play in midifeld although i would like to have another look.
If he's played inside the contest he won't have any trouble with speed. I think from reports he runs well enough to cover the ground better than plenty we have in there at the moment.

Stocker & Cuningham should come in there form in the ressies warrant selection.
SPS either plays midefield or we trade him.
I don't care who they drop you could easily drop half the team!

Can we play the coaches that think they can coach and take out the players that think they can play?

Some roles need to be swapped around and some f ing appreciation would be nice from both sides.

Back to the game..yep...another whooping is coming.

Out: Betts and Willo

In: Cunners and Stocker

Cunners and Stocker have to play. If Cunners can't get a game with Martin, Fisher and JSOS out then why is he even on the list?
betts did a fair job compared to most. kicked one goal and set up 3 goals (? not sure if H slotted one of them).

agree cunners should come in but for murph.

Big injury list, really limited with selection really would like to clear out 5/6 players...

IN- Cunners and Stocker
OUT- Murphy and Williamson...

only have Cunners and Stocker from our reserves worthy of a game...
Ramsay did well good skills but needs more time...
Owies 4 goal game flattered his all round output...
O’Brien beautiful footskills but that was it, average impact plenty to work on...
Honey quite average game...
Philp good first half, quite second still building his game back up from injury, nowhere ready...
Durdin quite no influence on game needs development atm...
Setterfield disappointing not a great performance, no...

Big injury list, really limited with selection really would like to clear out 5/6 players...

IN- Cunners and Stocker
OUT- Murphy and Williamson...

only have Cunners and Stocker from our reserves worthy of a game...
Ramsay did well good skills but needs more time...
Owies 4 goal game flattered his all round output...
O’Brien beautiful footskills but that was it, average impact plenty to work on...
Honey quite average game...
Philp good first half, quite second still building his game back up from injury, nowhere ready...
Durdin quite no influence on game needs development atm...
Setterfield disappointing not a great performance, no...
Cunners + Stocker need to come in - don't care who for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back