Preview Rd 6 Carlton v Brisbane - Saturday 24th April 4.35PM @ Marvel Stadium - Team Post #964

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No we don't

We move the ball on far to quickly with very little control and or tempo
I disagree completely. I would say we are one of the slowest FORWARD moving teams going around. We constantly try to switch in the back half.
We try to play too wide and its tailor made for teams to cut us up through the guts.
We are also the worst in the comp at moving the ball quickly and taking advantage of the new man on the mark rules.

Proof of us moving the ball slowly is the fact everyone complains about kicking it randomly into our forward line and Allir eating us up last week

You must be watching a different game. We don't switch and or control the ball enough

Teague spread is far too wide, if he did halve the width, we would have more numbers at a turnover

It would also suit the game of Cripps to halve the width.

I disagree completely. I would say we are one of the slowest FORWARD moving teams going around. We constantly try to switch in the back half.
We try to play too wide and its tailor made for teams to cut us up through the guts.
We are also the worst in the comp at moving the ball quickly and taking advantage of the new man on the mark rules.

We don't switch or control the ball enough

Most, if not all of the top sides are more methodical, patient in the back half

Agree with a bit of the sentiment here; that presser was a bit flat and has tempered my expectations for this weekend.

I’m a bit on the fence with our coaching set-up (I think there’s bigger systemic issues around player development and the football department), but DT seemed a bit flat, especially when talking about an exciting young player that fans are keen to see get a run.

Anyways, LOB, Cuningham and Stocker in is my hope.

We don't switch or control the ball enough

Most, if not all of the top sides are more methodical, patient in the back half
again disagree......We burn all of our energy moving sideways, instead of forward. Opposition teams then waltz through the guts and we have no numbers in the middle to confront them. It's why even poor scoring teams like collingwood score heavily against us. Port scored 15 -6 because their shots at goal were all dead in front last week

again disagree......We burn all of our energy moving sideways, instead of forward. Opposition teams then waltz through the guts and we have no numbers in the middle to confront them. It's why even poor scoring teams like collingwood score heavily against us. Port scored 15 -6 because their shots at goal were all dead in front last week

What a crock

We had more scoring shots than Port, Cripos, Newnes almost directly in front, go watch the game again

If we halved the field, no side would waltz through the middle against us

Our spread is from one wing to the other

What a crock

We had more scoring shots than Port, Cripos, Newnes almost directly in front, go watch the game again

I'm happy to disagree. No need to be rude. Two scoring shots that we missed in front don't mean anything. We move the ball too slowly, and as I said in the first comment on this chain, we need to make the field thinner. I'm not sure why you keep thinking you came up with it and I disagree. That was literally my point in the first post.
In fact, you have actually finally come to the same conclusion I made in my first post. We get scored heavily against and teams waltz through the middle against us because we spread the field too wide.

well done

ps, if it's a crock, then A clarkson doesn't know what he is talking about because I was having this discussion with a mate of mine that plays for Hawthorn and that is the general consensus from oppo coaches about us

What a crock

Only seen us on Tele but from the occasional panned out shot it does feel like we are positioned in a rough V formation from the po8nt of the goal square to either wing.

If that doesn’t funnel the opposition through 5he centre to a point 35 metres out directly n front I don’t know what does.

I'm happy to disagree. No need to be rude. Two scoring shots that we missed in front don't mean anything. We move the ball too slowly, and as I said in the first comment on this chain, we need to make the field thinner. I'm not sure why you keep thinking you came up with it and I disagree. That was literally my point in the first post.
In fact, you have actually finally come to the same conclusion I made in my first post. We get scored heavily against and teams waltz through the middle against us because we spread the field too wide.

well done

ps, if it's a crock, then A clarkson doesn't know what he is talking about because I was having this discussion with a mate of mine that plays for Hawthorn and that is the general consensus from oppo coaches about us

We switched the ball in the backline so bloody slowly last week. Expelled far too much energy for absolutely no reward whatsoever.

well done

I just came to the same conclusion? Go back through my posts over the last 12 months

Here we go, opposition coaches have a general consensus about us. Clarkson, the so called Goat has done nothing for 6 years, Why? Because he no longer has the talent at his disposal

I don’t just want to pile onto Teague, but those Stocker comments in the press conference have really annoyed me. I called it when I saw the coach’s VFL write up - they were laying the groundwork for not selecting Stocker, talking about his areas of deficiency rather than praising his efforts. Then DT mentions that Stocker may not be ready, rather than talking up the fact that he will play his first game in 18 months and that we are excited about what he’ll bring to the team. No, he has to pour cold water on it.
I swear, if Stocker isn’t in the 22 tomorrow night my faith in Teague will be at breaking point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only seen us on Tele but from the occasional panned out shot it does feel like we are positioned in a rough V formation from the po8nt of the goal square to either wing.

If that doesn’t funnel the opposition through 5he centre to a point 35 metres out directly n front I don’t know what does.

We try to move the ball far too quickly from the back half. When we do control the ball (on the rare occasion) we actually look dangerous. Chip and handball, dissecting the opposition, we then break the centre line and for some reason we bomb it long

Uninspiring trite.

Speaking to a current employee of the club this week, there is a massive disconnect in what supporters are evaluating compared to the messaging within the 4 walls of the club.

Players are convinced that they were absolutely in the game against Port Adelaide the entire time, only wayward kicking for goal cost them. This is obviously the rhetoric from the coaching group, and is not entirely false given the scoring shots, but obviously there was a lot more to it.

Found that perception interesting, and it links well here with feelings of a lack of insight within the club and coaching staff.

DOC JONES HONEY
SAAD WEITERING WILLOW
COTTRELL CRIPPS LOB
RAMSAY GOV FOG
KENNEDY MCKAY OWIES
PITTONET WALSH STOCKER

Bench WILLIAMS CUNNINGHAM GIBBONS SPS
SUB CASBOLT

Uninspiring trite.

Speaking to a current employee of the club this week, there is a massive disconnect in what supporters are evaluating compared to the messaging within the 4 walls of the club.

Players are convinced that they were absolutely in the game against Port Adelaide the entire time, only wayward kicking for goal cost them. This is obviously the rhetoric from the coaching group, and is not entirely false given the scoring shots, but obviously there was a lot more to it.

Found that perception interesting, and it links well here with feelings of a lack of insight within the club and coaching staff.
What this tells me is that Teague is convinced his setup and system is correct, and he won't be dropping senior players. He does mention "when we play our way" a lot. I genuinely am starting to worry about him

Like we we all felt like he should be tearing strips off the players and going ballistic, but it seems like he doesn't see it that way. Could be grim let's see what happens this week

Uninspiring trite.

Would certainly explain a lot. Nice insight dude.

Uninspiring trite.

We're absolutely ****ed then.
Sack them all and start over.

I don’t just want to pile onto Teague, but those Stocker comments in the press conference have really annoyed me. I called it when I saw the coach’s VFL write up - they were laying the groundwork for not selecting Stocker, talking about his areas of deficiency rather than praising his efforts. Then DT mentions that Stocker may not be ready, rather than talking up the fact that he will play his first game in 18 months and that we are excited about what he’ll bring to the team. No, he has to pour cold water on it.
I swear, if Stocker isn’t in the 22 tomorrow night my faith in Teague will be at breaking point.

Agree - A bit like the Australian cricket team - you need to reward players for good performance and select them when they are in form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back